Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i'm refreshing the canadian amazon site like a man possessed but whenever an amazon-sold unit drops in for a sane price it disappears before even an add to cart button appears

pray for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
please be careful when docking the switch lotsa people reporting scratches to the screen

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

ArfJason posted:

please be careful when docking the switch lotsa people reporting scratches to the screen

thier using saws to cut up the docks bc theres almost nothing in them lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
yeah isnt the actual signal tv converting + charger thing a small piece of electronic? they could have at least added some padding inside

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they couldn't even pad the launch titles and you want them to pad the dock...

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Plutonis posted:

It's the ultimate normie game and probably made a billion bucks.

Im dancin Im Dancin! Just Dance 2017

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb-srOfRqNc
12mins

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Tuntz tuntz tuntz tuntz sheevy sheevy sheevy sheevy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-is-nintendos-fastest-selling-conso/1100-6448486/

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nintendo! :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Outselling SM64 is pretty nuts

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Thank you Nintendo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Wintendo's back baby!

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Im glad for Nintendo that good games still sell.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Wintendo's back baby!

They never left.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i managed to order a Pro Controller today

here's hoping for a Gaming Blessing

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*toasts Nintendo with sippy cup of apple juice* Cheers... to the greatest content creators on Earth.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

People have been handwringing and desperately analyzing/criticizing the Wii U period but I'm still convinced the number one only reason it didn't sell after the first weekend is that the name makes it sound like a Wii accessory lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

People have been handwringing and desperately analyzing/criticizing the Wii U period but I'm still convinced the number one only reason it didn't sell after the first weekend is that the name makes it sound like a Wii accessory lol
it sounds extremely dumb but that's what a lot of analysts seem to think. Doesn't help that the initial advertisements all showed ppl using wii controllers with it

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

net cafe scandal posted:

*toasts Nintendo with sippy cup of apple juice* Cheers... to the greatest content creators on Earth.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

net cafe scandal posted:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

im convinced of that as well since whenever people came over to my house theyd genuinely ask if nintendo had made a new console

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

the dude i was talking to while waiting in line for the system was a fairly hardcore nintendo fan NES through Wii and only found out this wasn't the case a few months ago

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Milkman posted:

the dude i was talking to while waiting in line for the system was a fairly hardcore nintendo fan NES through Wii and only found out this wasn't the case a few months ago

Sounds like he's retarded.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Most casuals I know thought NES Mini Classic was the first new Nintendo console since the Wii

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Tbh it probably has a lot to do with the Wii's latter days being really barren combined with the Wii U launch not having anything super exciting to get people interested again.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yeah no one knew what it was, and the few that read gaming news sites knew it didnt have any games so it was dead in the water, even if it really picked up later on

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
while im not surprised that the latest nintendo console that doesnt sound like an expansion pack sold like gangbusters, its really loving crazy that the weird console portable hybrid with uncomfortably small and kinda flimsy looking controllers outsold the wii almost instantly

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the robots and shenzeners who maek stuff just make more stuff now for launches.

also i love my wii u

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

R

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

while im not surprised that the latest nintendo console that doesnt sound like an expansion pack sold like gangbusters, its really loving crazy that the weird console portable hybrid with uncomfortably small and kinda flimsy looking controllers outsold the wii almost instantly

Funnily enough the wii also had the hyped Zelda launch title straddling two console generations

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Which version of twilight princess was better?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gamecube

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I lucked out then, hurray.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I played the Wii one and was going through an AIDSy phase of using walkthroughs to find heart pieces and stuff so all the directions confused the gently caress out of me because the entire game world was mirrored for absolutely no reason

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the entire game world was mirrored for absolutely no reason

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

The terrain of the GCN and Wii versions of Twilight Princess mirrored each other.