Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

but do you sing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXxtG9doG6c

Regalingualius posted:

impossible. birds don't sing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXxtG9doG6c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

CRINDY posted:

This is coming out in actual theaters in six weeks

https://youtu.be/CicSHrDKw0M

My initial reaction was pretty much       ♪ I hate every ape I see: From chimpan-a to chimpan-z

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm so glad the zombies craze has finally died and reushered the apes fad.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Detective No. 27 posted:

Paranorman was the last good hurrah of the zombies fad.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Detective No. 27 posted:

Sometimes I wish video games would get the hint.

(About the zombies bit, that is. We already have Ape Escape and Donkey Kong for the ape fad, what more does one need?)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Shadow Hog posted:

Sometimes I wish video games would get the hint.

(About the zombies bit, that is. We already have Ape Escape and Donkey Kong for the ape fad, what more does one need?)

I'd be down for a retooling for The Last of Us 2.

Did that weird animated monkey movie where the mocapped lead who keeps his hand in his pocket the entire time ever come out? That looked so bizarre.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Detective No. 27 posted:

Did that weird animated monkey movie where the mocapped lead who keeps his hand in his pocket the entire time ever come out? That looked so bizarre.

Let's Go Ape! Apparently it came out in 2015? :confused:

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Left 4 Dead, but set during the Planet of the Apes prequels

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Shadow Hog posted:

Left 4 Dead, but set during the Planet of the Apes prequels

Half-Life, but instead of enslaving people, headcrabs just reverse evolution

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

21 Muns posted:

Half-Life, but instead of enslaving people, headcrabs just reverse evolution
So Super Mario Bros., then?

But with headcrabs.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife

The_Doctor posted:

Let's Go Ape! Apparently it came out in 2015? :confused:

Like most of the later failed experiments from the 3D animated mo-cap boom, it was never released in theaters domestically.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'd be down for a retooling for The Last of Us 2.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-...ime-120769.html

quote:

For starters, the main character — an outcast son of a primate king — keeps one of his hands inside of his loincloth throughout the entire film. The decision is not entirely without reason: some years ago the actor Debbouze lost the use of his right arm in a train accident and commonly hides it. Since he was the film’s mo-cap lead, it was necessary to find a solution.

Why would you still use him as a mocap lead :confused:

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I'm pretty sure it's the lead Actor's trademark. And looking at it, he apparently directed and wrote the thing. So it could be just that he wanted very clearly to sell it as 'his film', thus put his distinguishing characteristic in the film. Or he's just very comfortable with his disability, and wanted to add it to the character as a way to make them more personal.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Just a reminder that the pilot movie for the Tangled series is going to air this Friday. :neckbeard: Here's the first 5 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0P9ni0hTI4

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You know another movie that was pretty good that I expected to be bad?

Storks

Except for the wolf parts, every part of that movie is hilarious and good. I cried at the end.

Edit: FINE the wolf parts were funny.

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 9, 2017

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

teagone posted:

Just a reminder that the pilot movie for the Tangled series is going to air this Friday. :neckbeard: Here's the first 5 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0P9ni0hTI4

Does it explain why her hair is back?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

Does it explain why her hair is back?

Marketing

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

Marketing

My daughter is obsessed with Disney's Rapunzel and my wife hates it because she (my wife) looks like a big booby version of Mother Gothel and is scared our daughter will try to push her out of a window someday.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
When she's not dressing up as and pretending to be Rapunzel, she is dressing up as Elsa from Frozen and shutting her baby sister out of her room because that was her primary takeaway from the film.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Applewhite posted:

You know another movie that was pretty good that I expected to be bad?

Storks

Except for the wolf parts, every part of that movie is hilarious and good. I cried at the end.

Counterpoint: the wolf parts are also hilarious and good. It is from start to finish a hilarious and good movie

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Applewhite posted:

When she's not dressing up as and pretending to be Rapunzel, she is dressing up as Elsa from Frozen and shutting her baby sister out of her room because that was her primary takeaway from the film.

she doesn't dress up as a moana character ever?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hedrigall posted:

Counterpoint: the wolf parts are also hilarious and good. It is from start to finish a hilarious and good movie

The wolf parts weren't bad, but I felt they weren't as strong as the rest of the film.

Okay the wolf parts were really good though.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

she doesn't dress up as a moana character ever?

My baby daughter likes to dress up as Moana, but my older one doesn't like the movie because she thinks Tematoa is "too scary."

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

your daughter is supermechagodzilla?!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

your daughter is supermechagodzilla?!

Somehow she understood the Mechagodzilla movie on a different level than I believe adults are capable of.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Stolen from the Funny Pictures 2.0 thread in pyf:

Reminded me of Zootopia.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Beachcomber posted:

Stolen from the Funny Pictures 2.0 thread in pyf:

Reminded me of Zootopia.

Animators, man. So many fetishes.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

think my favorite out of the lot is either the meerkats trying to get into their tunnels, or the Alligator trying to attack some Zebras

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Hedrigall posted:

Animators, man. So many fetishes.

Watch this.

*conspicuously sets a Moogle doll out on the ground*

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Beachcomber posted:

Reminded me of Zootopia.
This is the dream Clawhauser keeps telling his therapist about

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hemingway To Go! posted:

we've discussed Belladonna of Sadness and honestly I'd be loving ecstatic if more mature noncomedic animation came out in the states, so no it's not just Children's Animation.

"we've discussed" in the sense that I keep bringing it up (and K. Waste a couple times as well) and getting completely ignored. :v:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

"we've discussed" in the sense that I keep bringing it up (and K. Waste a couple times as well) and getting completely ignored. :v:

Well how many animal people does that movie have? What's that? None? Pffft get out

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hedrigall posted:

Well how many animal people does that movie have? What's that? None? Pffft get out

dude seriously what in the actual hell is wrong with you

liking furry poo poo is one thing, but you seem to be absolutely single-mindedly goddamn obsessed with having sexual intercourse with animal people and I'm starting to wonder if you might just be an actual zoophile

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I want to see Belladonna of Sadness, but I never feel in the right mood for it, and it isn't the kind of film I imagine myself seeing with other people.

It's a lot easier to set up, say, Song of the Sea.

Pick fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 9, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

dude seriously what in the actual hell is wrong with you

liking furry poo poo is one thing, but you seem to be absolutely single-mindedly goddamn obsessed with having sexual intercourse with animal people and I'm starting to wonder if you might just be an actual zoophile

Hahaha come on man

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
I would definitely go to a theatrical run of Belladonna of Sadness and invite people. It's a really sad movie, but it's also really effectively tragic and even agitational. It's basically a psychedelic, cinematic adaptation of the Bosch's The Garden of Earthly Delights. There's an entire sequence where people's defecting to a pagan orgy is represented with their genitalia becoming animals.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Try not to have a Ice Age 2: Meltdown over internet comedy forums

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Applewhite posted:

The wolf parts were the best parts.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

LeJackal posted:

The wolf parts were the best parts.

I think Pigeon Toady had the best parts, personally.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
But I retract my criticism of the wolf parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think enjoying animation is a reaaaal fine line with most people, and at the moment that you cross into mature stuff you better know the other person real drat well.