Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Hmm, looks right. There's also a grip on there that's specifically made for assisting in remote play too, hm. I guess I'll go think about it.

Edit: uhhh trying to look into the shipping rates on playasia for Canada and not getting any info. Any Canadgoons here know the general cost for shipping to Canada?

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't think anyone's said they're definitely not localising it, just nothing announced yet. I don't think it's even out in Japan?

E: whoops it was out in September never mind.

Yeah it's not final, more like.... likely scenario + speculation following how long it has been out in Japan.

A real shame, I liked the first and the second looked like it was going to be only improving on it.

Edit: There was this eng/chinese subbed version announced last December but playasia still has it for "Releasing in March" with no information http://www.play-asia.com/demon-gaze-ii-english-chinese-subs/13/70asrx

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
These cards you use for these AR games, can I just print them out from the internet? Or do I need the genuine article?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

I AM THE TOILET posted:

These cards you use for these AR games, can I just print them out from the internet? Or do I need the genuine article?

Might need to make sure you print them at the right scale.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

I AM THE TOILET posted:

If it's anything like the 3DS ones it just has to look the same, there's no like secret ink or anything

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You should be able to just straight up point your camera at a monitor/tablet/phone/whatever without even printing them if you really wanted.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

what are the babby's first tips for shiren? i feel like i'm just hitting the same issues here.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

what are the babby's first tips for shiren? i feel like i'm just hitting the same issues here.

Generally:

Just try to advance. The way the game is designed you'll do better if you get further.
Make sure to start building up a weapon. You can Tag a weapon to retrieve it once you die.
Get a Point Card and use it to buy the cheapo herb that returns you to start. Use this to do some runs just to build up armor/equipment.
Don't stress about having to give up.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I have a weird problem... I noticed last week that the headphone port on my Vita seems to have something stuck in it. I bought the Vita new a few years ago, I don't remember if I've ever used earphones with it but the ones I use just won't fit in. It's about 1cm in. Is there any way to get at it if I unscrew the back case off or anything?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

irlZaphod posted:

I have a weird problem... I noticed last week that the headphone port on my Vita seems to have something stuck in it. I bought the Vita new a few years ago, I don't remember if I've ever used earphones with it but the ones I use just won't fit in. It's about 1cm in. Is there any way to get at it if I unscrew the back case off or anything?

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/PlayStation+Vita+Teardown/7872

You can see the port in these pictures but it looks like the headphone port is in a little enclosure that you can't get into.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Most of the time, that's a desiccant bead from a bag the device was in. If the jack is locked in a little cage internally, try gently twisting one of those red coffee straws around it and pulling it out. It might take a few tries. Don't follow the popular advice you'll find on the web of putting glue of any sort in there or you'll be sorry. Not that you sound like the type who would use glue, but I've seen too many accidentally epoxied headphone jacks in my life.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Wamdoodle posted:

You can see the port in these pictures but it looks like the headphone port is in a little enclosure that you can't get into.

That's the most obnoxious teardown I've ever read. I recommend a safety pin if you have a smaller one lying around, normally works for me.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

well all you have to do is get a burrito at taco bell and put some shrimp in, and then eat it at a starbucks

this is the irl authentic japanese burrito experience, no joke

I like this answer better than endorph's

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Where do you get the shrimp though?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
The sword city revamp has a lot of great changes even if you played the base game. Still lots of fun. Capping your level to the intended level for a fight is great even if the extra gear and divinities you get from leveling stick around. No more shoveling your uniques on mumic to upgrade either, which is pretty huge and a welcome change.

They did nerf a few things though. Like I get that light/dark veil was insanely overpowered and a turn limit is fair but why the gently caress would you make the undead/spirit bane buffs single target after it was group before? It just makes buffing it insanely tedious and doesn't really do much to change balance besides make me take an extra turn or two before I hit autobattle.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Stanos posted:

The sword city revamp has a lot of great changes even if you played the base game. Still lots of fun. Capping your level to the intended level for a fight is great even if the extra gear and divinities you get from leveling stick around. No more shoveling your uniques on mumic to upgrade either, which is pretty huge and a welcome change.

They did nerf a few things though. Like I get that light/dark veil was insanely overpowered and a turn limit is fair but why the gently caress would you make the undead/spirit bane buffs single target after it was group before? It just makes buffing it insanely tedious and doesn't really do much to change balance besides make me take an extra turn or two before I hit autobattle.

I cant justify paying $25 for what should essentially be DLC.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

waah posted:

I cant justify paying $25 for what should essentially be DLC.

It had a special upgrade in Japan for PSN owners only. Of course in this case, it's not the same publisher.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I dunno, I think there's enough changed that I don't mind it too much at 22 bucks. Sure I'd of rather paid less but I needed something to play for a few weeks before Toukiden 2 comes out and I loved the original.

I'm just glad I finally found mumic, my old friend. It's not the same without his rear end wandering around the dungeons but at least I don't have to feed the stupid bastard half my drops to get better rolls anymore.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Liver Disaster posted:

That's the most obnoxious teardown I've ever read. I recommend a safety pin if you have a smaller one lying around, normally works for me.

I actually didn't bother reading it because I was just looking for pics of the Vita internals and :lol: you weren't joking!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did they change the insanely punishing death mechanic in the Strangers update?

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
As in limited lives and the toughness of dungeons? No but it's definitely mitigated. There's a talent you can pick at class selection that gives you two extra lives (really not worth it compared to a bigger bonus stat roll or other utilities but nice to have I guess?), resurrection items seem to be a lot more common and by filling your bench with freeman you can drastically speed up revive and recover times.

Freemen are a new class that are basically NEETs but they buff your base and the effects they have stack. So I've got my main squad, two backup characters and freemen for the rest of the slots. It's a nice option considering I never filled my bench before because cash was effectively worthless after a certain point (no longer true when you can use that cash to upgrade gear) and once you NG+ once or twice your murder squad is pretty much immortal. Without that abuse, it's a lot harder to get to god status.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Wamdoodle posted:

Spoderman posted:

Most of the time, that's a desiccant bead from a bag the device was in. If the jack is locked in a little cage internally, try gently twisting one of those red coffee straws around it and pulling it out. It might take a few tries. Don't follow the popular advice you'll find on the web of putting glue of any sort in there or you'll be sorry. Not that you sound like the type who would use glue, but I've seen too many accidentally epoxied headphone jacks in my life.

Thanks, I'm away for the next few days but I'll see what I can do with something small and sharp.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Just used my Vita for the first time in a couple of months and apparently my 64GB memory card just became corrupted out of nowhere for no reason since the last time I played. Thanks a lot, Sony.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
You're not the first to start reporting on that sort of thing happening as of late. As a result I recently went through and backed up all of my saves/data to my PC since I don't have PS+.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

Just used my Vita for the first time in a couple of months and apparently my 64GB memory card just became corrupted out of nowhere for no reason since the last time I played. Thanks a lot, Sony.

I thought this happened to me but I did a hard reset and things were fine. It wasn't a 64GB (16) but it may be worth a shot? Condolences if you've already tried this.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
When do you guys think the Vita will stop receiving monthly PS Plus games.
It may outlast the PS3. I'm giving it 2 more years.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

I thought this happened to me but I did a hard reset and things were fine. It wasn't a 64GB (16) but it may be worth a shot? Condolences if you've already tried this.

I've done a database rebuild twice so far (the first time made the console forget I had anything installed, second time sent me back to square 1 where I can't start some games but at least the console is aware they're on the memory card), if that's what you're talking about.

I'm going to try backing up the memory card contents, formatting it, and restoring, but I can't do that until this evening because my work machine saw the Vita for all of two minutes before deciding it wasn't interested in connecting any more.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Sefal posted:

When do you guys think the Vita will stop receiving monthly PS Plus games.
It may outlast the PS3. I'm giving it 2 more years.

Eventually every Vita game will have been free

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Compile Heart set up a new page with a poll about boobs and assess as teaser for their next project. The reveal will be this 12th.

http://www.compileheart.com/countdown/20170308/

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

They certainly understand PS Vita users.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least assess are winning.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

At least assess are winning.

What a dreadful shame, noses are not on the list.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

They're behind the times, the real fanservice is armpits and asses.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Compile Heart set up a new page with a poll about boobs and assess as teaser for their next project. The reveal will be this 12th.

http://www.compileheart.com/countdown/20170308/

I see that the self-licking butthole is winning

not that I'm surprised

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I feel bad for the boob representant tho

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Since I literally couldn't find a single forum or blog post about this, for future reference:

If you connect your Vita to a PC with Content Manager open, Windows doesn't actually recognise it as a device you can actually browse like an external drive, and attempting to connect via USB results in the Vita disconnecting and immediately reconnecting right as you initiate the connection, preventing it from ever working, you can fix it by doing the following:

1) open Device Manager and check that the Vita is listed as an unrecognised Portable Device. If it isn't (and e.g. is recognised just as a USB Device), right-click > remove, be sure to check the option to uninstall drivers, disconnect the Vita and restart it, then plug it back in. Repeat this process until Device Manager lists it in the right category (Portable Devices, again).

2) right-click the unrecognised Portable Device, select Update Driver, then select "browse my computer for drivers."

3) pick "choose from a list of device drivers."

4) pick Portable Device from the list.

5) you'll have two options: MTP device, and MTP USB device. Pick MTP USB device.

For some reason, all three Windows 10 machines I've tried today tried to install the first option, which fails, leaving the Vita unrecognised as a portable device for the media transfer protocol to work with, which breaks the ability to connect to a PC via USB.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 9, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I just installed Content Manager Assistant on my PC like the Vita told me to and it just worked :confused:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I feel bad for the boob representant tho

boobs as of 7:30 eastern are winning

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I just installed Content Manager Assistant on my PC like the Vita told me to and it just worked :confused:

Well done to you, but as you can probably tell, that wasn't the case for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be snark, I wasn't sure from the process you laid out whether you had actually done that step or not.