Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Moridin920 posted:

I wish they did because I'm not getting what "Bart Simpson, 30 degrees, penis" is supposed to tell me

I'm an acute dick?

It's your dick compared to someone making a small bart post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Katamari Democracy posted:

It's your dick compared to someone making a small bart post.

lol :drat:

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
The baseless wiretap allegations will wake up the trumpets and I can see a tide changing, politically

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
e: nvmd

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
round two of the immigration ban is off to quite the start. maybe instead of depending on immigration for the future lively hood of their political party, they could just vote for stuff that helps the working family like the left used too lmao

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah, cuz OBAMA didn't wiretap his phones just 'cuz, the FBI was already doing an investigation into Trump's Russia ties and the wiretapped data they are talking about was a result of that investigation.

Trump is claiming Obama wiretapped him to sabotage his candidacy and also Obama is behind all the protestors (lol).

so really it's just lol at Trumpers for calling attention to that FBI investigation again

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Toadvine posted:

Except for that one Obama guy who was adamantly against antagonism and instead preferred to placidly ply Putin

Mods name change to PUTINS PLACID PLYER pls tia

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah, cuz OBAMA didn't wiretap his phones just 'cuz, the FBI was already doing an investigation into Trump's Russia ties and the wiretapped data they are talking about was a result of that investigation.

Trump is claiming Obama wiretapped him to sabotage his candidacy and also Obama is behind all the protestors (lol).

so really it's just lol at Trumpers for calling attention to that FBI investigation again

Sounds more like something Alex Jones would say than Trump tbh. But I guess sometimes it's easy to confuse the two? Possibly?

"Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!"
"Is it legal for a sitting President to be "wire tapping" a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!"
"I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!"
"How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!"

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Sick!

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/ruthmarcus/status/839312156780818432

"oh boy i sure did love the sixties. we got to kill some commies and everybody was onboard. mccarthyism was pretty lovely and the threat of nuclear war made life oh so sweet" - prominent washpo editor

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Wikileaks showing the CIA has the capability to hack and leave Russian fingerprints really puts a damper on the whole Russian angle. Wikileaks maintained throughout that it was an insider who leaked them, not a hack. Let's pretend this is true and the CIA knew of the inevitable release of the leaked emails. Hacking the DNC and framing Russia would be a perfect strategy to counter those leaks both in the short term and the long term regardless of the outcome of the election. They managed to steer the conversation completely away from the emails and onto the 'source' of the leaks being Russia.

Result:

Hillary wins and uses the hack to justify her hard line stance against Russia and her 'no fly zone' policy in Syria.

Trump wins and the democrats use the hack to further discredit his presidency, his cabinet appointments, and the GOP as a whole.

Either result: The side that screamed from the hill tops when Snowden leaked information on the NSA and held Assange in high regard are now calling Assange a 'Russian puppet' and Wikileaks a 'propaganda arm of Russia.' This is a solid win for the federal government no matter which way you slice it.

Knowing that Obama cost the taxpayers 100+ billion building this arsenal, it really doesn't take much of a stretch for the CIA to have been in the pocket of Hillary during the election and after, "It's her turn," and to try their damnedest to discredit any opponent she had. It didn't work out though, a lot of people definitely are not buying this Russian hack poo poo now, thank god.

Again, read this http://g-2.space/ (I know it looks like it's written by a conspiracy theorist, and it's long as poo poo, but it is well sourced and when you compare it to the revelations of exactly how the CIA leaves Russian fingerprints), it looks pretty spot loving on.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Mar 8, 2017

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Poetic Justice posted:

Wikileaks showing the CIA has the capability to hack and leave Russian fingerprints really puts a damper on the whole Russian angle. Wikileaks maintained throughout that it was an insider who leaked them, not a hack. Let's pretend this is true and the CIA knew of the inevitable release of the leaked emails. Hacking the DNC and framing Russia would be a perfect strategy to counter those leaks both in the short term and the long term regardless of the outcome of the election. They managed to steer the conversation completely away from the emails and onto the 'source' of the leaks being Russia.

Result:

Hillary wins and uses the hack to justify her hard line stance against Russia and her 'no fly zone' policy in Syria.

Trump wins and the democrats use the hack to further discredit his presidency, his cabinet appointments, and the GOP as a whole.

Either result: The side that screamed from the hill tops when Snowden leaked information on the NSA and held Assange in high regard are now calling Assange a 'Russian puppet' and Wikileaks a 'propaganda arm of Russia.' This is a solid win for the federal government no matter which way you slice it.

Knowing that Obama cost the taxpayers 100+ billion building this arsenal, it really doesn't take much of a stretch for the CIA to have been in the pocket of Hillary during the election and after, "It's her turn," and to try their damnedest to discredit any opponent she had. It didn't work out though, a lot of people definitely are not buying this Russian hack poo poo now, thank god.

Again, read this http://g-2.space/ (I know it looks like it's written by a conspiracy theorist, and it's long as poo poo, but it is well sourced and when you compare it to the revelations of exactly how the CIA leaves Russian fingerprints), it looks pretty spot loving on.

it's pretty :tinfoil: but absolutely lol if true

maybe the CIA was just too busy making bespoke samsung tv malware to hack the election tho

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
Alex Jones is probably being flung around by his massive erection spraying cum everywhere like an out-of-control firehose

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Yep the dems hate russians so much they would create a grand conspiracy

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
yeah as funny as it would be i really doubt the nerds down at the CIA can be bothered with grand political machinations

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Bholder posted:

Yep the dems hate russians so much they would create a grand conspiracy

The CIA propaganda machine has been working overtime to discredit Trump. You think Obama gave them 100 billion and didn't want anything in return? Hillary is a politician entrenched in the system and easily controlled. Trump isn't.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Poetic Justice posted:

The CIA propaganda machine has been working overtime to discredit Trump. You think Obama gave them 100 billion and didn't want anything in return? Hillary is a politician entrenched in the system and easily controlled. Trump isn't.

The only one here discrediting Trump is Trump himself.

Unless the grand conspiracy is that Trump's twitter was used by the CIA the whole time.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

SBJ posted:

Alex Jones is probably being flung around by his massive erection spraying cum everywhere like an out-of-control firehose

Alex Jones is a CIA embedded noise spreader whose real identity is Bill Hicks. :tinfoil:

fake edit: Alex Jones loving hates the conspiracy theory that he's Bill Hicks. He's addressed it several times.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Bholder posted:

The only one here discrediting Trump is Trump himself.

Unless the grand conspiracy is that Trump's twitter was used by the CIA the whole time.

The constant ties to Russia that pops up everyday with little to no evidence. The "evidence" that was used to prove that Russia hacked the elections is exactly the same poo poo that was shown the CIA is capable of and recommends was leaked by Wikileaks, lol.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Unless this is something new, the wires that were tapped were the Russian ones, and Trump's people were inadvertently caught on them.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
if the CIA is so good at their jobs, why won't they release the piss tape

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Every time I read about the CIA they sound like a complete clown show run by retards. Seems like when ever they back some third world dictator it turns into an actual shooting war for America like 20 years later. A broken clock should be right twice a day but it seems like they can't manage that at all. Is all the really good stuff they do just classified as hell while the gently caress ups get trotted out to serve some one elses lovely agenda?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

I don't think anyone ever said that they had proof that Russia hacked the DNC, only that they have a solid motivation and that Russia ran online propaganda to boost Trump's popularity.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
The DNCs hired cyber security firm CrowdStrike put forth their evidence of intrusion into the dncs network that bore the handiwork of known Russian hacking operations.

You can read it here: https://www.crowdstrike.com/blog/bears-midst-intrusion-democratic-national-committee/
Fun minigame: use your critical thinking skills to determine where and how they weaken their own conclusion

The recent news that the CIA can infiltrate networks while leaving Russian smelling tracks does add an extra angle of suspicion to this evidence.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
is this the new conspiracy theory thread

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Harrower posted:

Every time I read about the CIA they sound like a complete clown show run by retards. Seems like when ever they back some third world dictator it turns into an actual shooting war for America like 20 years later. A broken clock should be right twice a day but it seems like they can't manage that at all. Is all the really good stuff they do just classified as hell while the gently caress ups get trotted out to serve some one elses lovely agenda?

We're in the future called the 90s, they're a broken digital clock or that one that puts the time on your wall or the one that has the swinging arm with lights. Any of them broken results in how the CIA is lovely broken and wrong at all times.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

conspiracy theories are a cia meme designed to discredit unspooky narratives

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

thathonkey posted:

if i was a frog person, i wouldnt want to be turned gay by the cia water chemicals. just sayin

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Kjoery posted:

if i was a frog person, i wouldnt want to be turned gay by the cia water chemicals. just sayin

I think its too late for you anyway

edit: Woah, thanks for the av whomever

Spunky Psycho Ho fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 8, 2017

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

You know, I assumed the Russian thing couldn't be true because if the FBI or CIA were remotely competent then it would have come out before the election.

I'm starting to wonder if my bare minimum assumption that the entire government of the USA might be able to take basic facts and assemble them into a picture that says 'Tromp is puppet' could have been...wrong? They might actually have hosed up so bad, instead of Russia being that good?

I am very shook by this thought.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Poetic Justice posted:

Result:

Poetic Justice posted:

It's called a bubble. You live in a bubble where facts don't matter and what you want to be true is more important to you than actual truth.

you keep doing this laser focus on one guy's writeup that you freely describe as "looks like it's written by a conspiracy theorist" to posit that the CIA staged a massive false flag operation for Crooked Hillary and then let the orange one win anyway, while ignoring any tormp-russia assertions that aren't directly related to the DNC hack, and it's pretty loly. obviously hellthread is not the place for you to understand basic discourse but it's still funny

Tiny Deer posted:

You know, I assumed the Russian thing couldn't be true because if the FBI or CIA were remotely competent then it would have come out before the election.

I'm starting to wonder if my bare minimum assumption that the entire government of the USA might be able to take basic facts and assemble them into a picture that says 'Tromp is puppet' could have been...wrong? They might actually have hosed up so bad, instead of Russia being that good?

I am very shook by this thought.

the machinations of the rich and powerful make a lot more sense when you realize that they're as loving stupid and short-sighted as the rest of us

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

World War Mammories posted:

posit that the CIA staged a massive false flag operation for Crooked Hillary and then let the orange one win anyway,

Close but wrong. The CIA only ever acts in their own interest and I doubt they let Trump win

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

the machinations of the rich and powerful make a lot more sense when you realize that they're as loving stupid and short-sighted as the rest of us

I like to believe that when you are rich and powerful you like to sometimes just gently caress with people, basically massive world changing pranks that sometimes results in a couple million pleb deaths. You can indulge yourself because you have all the time and money in the world. The idea that you should not ascribe to malice that which can be explained by stupidity does not apply to the rich and powerful.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

you keep doing this laser focus on one guy's writeup that you freely describe as "looks like it's written by a conspiracy theorist" to posit that the CIA staged a massive false flag operation for Crooked Hillary and then let the orange one win anyway, while ignoring any tormp-russia assertions that aren't directly related to the DNC hack, and it's pretty loly. obviously hellthread is not the place for you to understand basic discourse but it's still funny

Thy did everything in their power to not let Trump win, including nonstop propaganda media polls but he won anyway. What those leaks reveal is that the very first step of this Russian narrative can't be trusted since it could have been a separate actor that did the hack, if there was even a hack at all. Perhaps it was Poland hoping to cause NATO to impose more restrictions against Russia. There is absolutely no way to tell who it was since these tools have been available to 3rd parties for some time.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 8, 2017

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Poetic Justice posted:

You may be right, but also made me realize I made the mistake of making more than one point in a post so people like you can try to undermine the entire post by attacking the weakest point to handwave away the rest. So thank you for making me realize to edit it out and put it here instead :)

Poetic Justice posted:

Thy did everything in their power to not let Trump win, but he won anyway. What those leaks reveal is that the very first step of this Russian narrative can't be trusted since it could have been a separate actor that did the hack, if there was even a hack at all. Perhaps it was Poland hoping to cause NATO to impose more restrictions against Russia. There is absolutely no way to tell who it was since these tools have been available to 3rd parties for some time.

ok

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
a new pedantic autist stumbled its way out of d&d

let's watch :allears:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Are you the same poster peddling that obviously false Rosfnet bribe story? This is rich if so

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Ok, I'll keep it simple--This Russian narrative that is being pushed to try to get him impeached is no longer a valid method of attack and people are going to have to switch strategies.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Riddick guy is crazy and posts bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm very proud of the American system, it absorbed a massive dose of corruption and control and still Trump was able to overcome.

The electoral college did exactly what it was supposed to do - prevent the major cities from concentrating control

• Locked thread