Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

"Who will stop Godzilla?" someone shouts, then we get a perspective shot of Godzilla turning around to see a giant gorilla foot stomp down in the foreground. Godzilla does a double take and steps back as a vicious guitar riff twangs into the score. Our camera pans out and around to reveal King Kong, who is in fact wielding a gigantic electric guitar and is the source of the now revealed to be diagetic music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Get the woman who did Wonder Woman's music in BvS to make Kong's theme.

https://twitter.com/Tinaguo/status/838272922619797504

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
The real question is if/how/when Kong gets lightning powers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KJtxLaD3g&t=357s

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Just make him whatever size he needs to be and don't mention it at all ever because who cares

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Joe Carnahan has walked away from bad boys 3.

http://collider.com/bad-boys-3-loses-director-joe-carnahan/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Josh Lyman posted:

I don't get Kong or Godzilla for that matter.

They started out pretty thematically different in their original films so they were always going to be a difficult pair to match up. 1933 Kong was a throwback to a prehistoric age of giant animals that ruled the earth but was suddenly transposed into a modern city, he was always supposed to be nearly plausible. They'd found a whole bunch of giant dinosaur bones and giant prehistoric mammal bones so why not a giant ape which was as big as a dinosaur?

Godzilla 1954 was a metaphor for atomic weapons, it was almost incomprehensible in its destructive power and its indiscriminate carnage. It's a nightmare beyond anything anyone has ever encountered. You couldn't out think it, you couldn't overpower it, you could barely outrun it if you had sufficient warning it was coming. Regular human weapons had no effect on it (unlike Kong) and the only thing that could beat it was an even worse scientific weapon which might have ended up being even deadlier to humanity than Godzilla if the inventor hadn't taken extreme measures to ensure it never fell into the wrong hands.

Toho had them face off against each other in 1962 but they took a leaf out of FishBulb's book and went "Eh, Kong is super super big now. He just is, we're not going to explain it" and got on with it. Legendary Pictures are trying to make the characters more 'grounded' so they're apparently going to try and ease us into the idea of a land based omnivore that weighs more than a blue whale.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 8, 2017

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Maybe Kong shouldn't be anywhere near as big as Godzilla and he can climb up on Godzilla to beat on him. It's not like Godzilla has useful arms, Kong could just get up on the back of Godzilla's head and wail on it. He'd just have to watch out for the tail.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Okay well, step up Bay!

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
2014 Godzilla has OK arms

I agree just go with the old school transformers trick of not giving a poo poo about sizing

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It'll be a shot for shot remake of the T-Rex/Raptor vs I-Rex fight from Jurassic World. Kong is the raptor, Godzilla is the T-Rex and Space Godzilla is the I-Rex.

King Ghidorah is the other one

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Is Kong vs Godzilla a confirmed thing? I suppose we have no idea why they're going to duke it out, do we?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Well, being instinctive rivals, there's no doubt they will attempt to destroy one another.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Leavemywife posted:

Is Kong vs Godzilla a confirmed thing? I suppose we have no idea why they're going to duke it out, do we?

Yeah we're getting Godzilla: King of the Monsters in 2019 and Warner Bros announced in May last year that we'd get Godzilla vs. Kong in 2020.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters will apparently be directed by Michael Dougherty (director on Krampus, writer on X-Men: Apocalypse and Superman Returns) and written by Max Borenstein, Michael Dougherty and Zach Shields. They haven't announced any names or plot details for Godzilla vs. Kong yet.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 8, 2017

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ones a giant lizard the others a giant monkey so there's two options either a fight to the death or a fight to a stalemate so they can become bros in time for the next movie.

Actually can we just get a remake of Rocky with Kong being Rocky and Godzilla bring Apollo?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hopefully when they meet up either Godzilla or Kong delivers that classic supervillain proposition of joining forces to rule the world. "Together, we'd be unstoppable!"

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I'll only be down for Kong v Zilla if Jesse Eisenberg shows up to chew scenery and babble about how he set the whole fight up to prove god doesn't exist

LIZARD VERSUS MONKEY
MONKEY VERSUS LIZARD
DAY VERSUS NIGHT

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Len posted:

Ones a giant lizard the others a giant monkey so there's two options either a fight to the death or a fight to a stalemate so they can become bros in time for the next movie.

They'll have to join forces to beat a giant werewolf at which point it is revealed that you are actually watching an adaptation of arcade classic Rampage. The movie ends with the three of them demolishing skyscrapers in New York.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Godzilla and King Kong will fight, but stop once they realize they need to work together to stop The Joker.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

K. Waste posted:

The real question is if/how/when Kong gets lightning powers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1KJtxLaD3g&t=357s

Things are going quite well for King Kong here before Godzilla powerslams him into the sea.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Godzilla and King Kong will fight, but stop once they realize they need to work together to stop Charles Barkley.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

^^e:f,b just got dunked on like Godzilla

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I'll only be down for Kong v Zilla if Jesse Eisenberg shows up to chew scenery and babble about how he set the whole fight up to prove god doesn't exist

LIZARD VERSUS MONKEY
MONKEY VERSUS LIZARD
DAY VERSUS NIGHT

BEASTS VERSUS BARKLEY

Wait, what? Where did Charles Barkley come from and how he is as tall as my building?

"IN YOUR FACE, GODZILLA! `SCUSE MY ELBOWS, KONG!"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Detective No. 27 posted:

Godzilla and King Kong will fight, but stop once they realize they need to work together to stop The Joker.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Is this canon?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rirse posted:

Is this canon?

Everything is canon. Godzilla was part of the Marvel universe for a little while. SHIELD had a Godzilla Squad unit led by Dum Dum Dugan from the Howling Commandos.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rirse posted:

Is this canon?

No but this is:

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2Ii4AaiBKI

The Evil Within is a movie that took 15 years to make, was bankrolled by Andrew Getty, an oil company heir, who spent all those years working on it on and off and then died of a meth overdose in 2015. Getty did almost all of the effects work himself. It's now on Amazon for $5.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/late-getty-heirs-directorial-debt-evil-lands-15-years-983388

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Everything is canon. Godzilla was part of the Marvel universe for a little while. SHIELD had a Godzilla Squad unit led by Dum Dum Dugan from the Howling Commandos.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah we're getting Godzilla: King of the Monsters in 2019 and Warner Bros announced in May last year that we'd get Godzilla vs. Kong in 2020.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters will apparently be directed by Michael Dougherty (director on Krampus, writer on X-Men: Apocalypse and Superman Returns) and written by Max Borenstein, Michael Dougherty and Zach Shields. They haven't announced any names or plot details for Godzilla vs. Kong yet.

Talk about your blandly written movies. I can't even get through Apocalypse, it's such a snooze.

edit: lol at Kong showing some fundamentals with the "ground and pound" against Godzilla, he's obviously into brazilian ji-jutsu.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Mar 8, 2017

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Lobok posted:

Hopefully when they meet up either Godzilla or Kong delivers that classic supervillain proposition of joining forces to rule the world. "Together, we'd be unstoppable!"

Godzilla: "We are not so different, you and I!"
Kong: "Um"

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
"Kong, I am your father!"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tars Tarkas posted:

The Evil Within is a movie that took 15 years to make, was bankrolled by Andrew Getty, an oil company heir, who spent all those years working on it on and off and then died of a meth overdose in 2015. Getty did almost all of the effects work himself. It's now on Amazon for $5.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/late-getty-heirs-directorial-debt-evil-lands-15-years-983388

sic semper heredem

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Tars Tarkas posted:

For some reason I had thought Michael Berryman was dead, glad to see he's still getting work, however strangely.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Am I wrong that the 70s De Laurentiis King Kong is unsettling in a horror movie fashion, and the fact that they somehow shot NYC at night as though nobody lives there just adds to it?

It's still a terrible movie and the whole WTC ending is boring and gory in a way that's not fun at all.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

I hope this is how The Rock will defeat the giant monsters in Rampage (also directed by San Andreas director Brad Peyton).

The monsters were the good guys in Rampage.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I like the part in Rampage when you lose and you can see wieners and bush

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Am I wrong that the 70s De Laurentiis King Kong is unsettling in a horror movie fashion, and the fact that they somehow shot NYC at night as though nobody lives there just adds to it?

It's still a terrible movie and the whole WTC ending is boring and gory in a way that's not fun at all.

What's the one where they have to do surgery on Kong? Man, I felt so bad seeing that as a kid. Still might.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Lobok posted:

What's the one where they have to do surgery on Kong? Man, I felt so bad seeing that as a kid. Still might.

I'm pretty sure that was King Kong Lives in '86 with Linda Hamilton where Mr. Kong had heart surgery and Ms. Kong was introduced.

I saw that as a kid and the only thing I could remember was Kong eating some dude, then picking the little red hat out of his teeth.

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!

Lobok posted:

Pretty sure that was the sequel to 70's Kong, King Kong Lives. And there was a baby Kong and a huge artificial heart (?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'm pretty sure that was King Kong Lives in '86 with Linda Hamilton where Mr. Kong had heart surgery and Ms. Kong was introduced.

I saw that as a kid and the only thing I could remember was Kong eating some dude, then picking the little red hat out of his teeth.

MAGA?

Okay I won't ever mention politics again in this thread

• Locked thread