Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

Riddick guy is crazy and posts bad.

I wouldn't feel too smug yet, only 1% of the Vault 7 Wikileaks has been released. There is going to be much more :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
NPR this morning was literally putting forth the "If you aren't guilty you have nothing to worry about" argument in regards to the CIA snooping Americans.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

new phone who dis posted:

NPR this morning was literally putting forth the "If you aren't guilty you have nothing to worry about" argument in regards to the CIA snooping Americans.

We live in an honest to god bizarro world

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

npr is basically voa :grin:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

I wouldn't feel too smug yet, only 1% of the Vault 7 Wikileaks has been released. There is going to be much more :)

Riddick is a dumb character

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I think its too late for you anyway
ive already been converted to the "way of the gay", its true

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

Riddick is a dumb character

:allears:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

The Chronicles of Riddick is pretty much Dune for retards which is pretty impressive considering how retarded Dune is.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

The Chronicles of Riddick is pretty much Dune for retards which is pretty impressive considering how retarded Dune is.

Got some good movie recommendations?

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

"if you aren't guilty don't run away from the cops"

the sword, it cuts both ways!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

Got some good movie recommendations?

I mean the "epic sci fi" genre is toast. Like the Wachowskis put out that weird one with Channing Taters as space wolf man that no one liked and that's pretty much it.

Watch "On the Silver Globe." Its old, Polish, and unfinished but is still one of the better space operas.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

I mean the "epic sci fi" genre is toast. Like the Wachowskis put out that weird one with Channing Taters as space wolf man that no one liked and that's pretty much it.

Watch "On the Silver Globe." Its old, Polish, and unfinished but is still one of the better space operas.

Thanks I'll have to check that out :)

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

WatermelonGun posted:

drat dude you're getting me riled up more than your usual dumb poo poo I need a spice break

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe

Poetic Justice posted:

Thy did everything in their power to not let Trump win, including nonstop propaganda media polls but he won anyway. What those leaks reveal is that the very first step of this Russian narrative can't be trusted since it could have been a separate actor that did the hack, if there was even a hack at all. Perhaps it was Poland hoping to cause NATO to impose more restrictions against Russia. There is absolutely no way to tell who it was since these tools have been available to 3rd parties for some time.

There are, of course, issues with the many meetings between President PoopiePants' surrogates and Russian officials that tend to lend credibility to the cyber-espionage allegations. You must admit, Poetic Justice, that it does paint a rather interesting picture of collusion (albeit with a somewhat wide brush!). From my perspective--and it is admittedly just another opinion--it does seem that President PoopiePants may be sufficiently narcissistic to have allowed himself to be "owned" by Russian business/government interests in exchange for winning the biggest beauty pageant of all--the American presidential election!

LOVE,
VITALIS

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Vitalis Jackson posted:

There are, of course, issues with the many meetings between President PoopiePants' surrogates and Russian officials that tend to lend credibility to the cyber-espionage allegations. You must admit, Poetic Justice, that it does paint a rather interesting picture of collusion (albeit with a somewhat wide brush!). From my perspective--and it is admittedly just another opinion--it does seem that President PoopiePants may be sufficiently narcissistic to have allowed himself to be "owned" by Russian business/government interests in exchange for winning the biggest beauty pageant of all--the American presidential election!

LOVE,
VITALIS

The FBI and NSA have been called to testify to Congress scheduled for March 20th, so get your popcorn ready.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Poetic Justice posted:

Thy did everything in their power to not let Trump win, including nonstop propaganda media polls

Like polls saying Hillary would win popular vote, which she did?

How dare they publish polls not showing that everyone loves Trump! It's like the fake news about the huge crowd during the inauguration!

Hillary, Obama and the CIA are doing everything they can to hide the fact that everybody loves Donald. But the Truth will eventually come out

:tinfoil::heritage::freep:

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Toadvine posted:

Are you the same poster peddling that obviously false Rosfnet bribe story? This is rich if so

yep, that's me

World War Mammories posted:

they spent the entire campaign denying russian connections - eg here's paul manafort - and now they're going "oh yeah uhh I guess we did." not just sessions or others who have plausible reasons to meet with members of foreign governments, but people like carter page and JD gordon, who met with kislyak a day before the GOP convention platform on Ukraine was amended. or there's the steele dossier predicting the sale of a 19% stake of Russian oil company Rosneft in return for lifting economic sanctions back in July, then that sale actually happening on December 7th to an unknown buyer.

like, I won't pretend to be a genius here. but "evidence is lacking"? surely that could be shown by trump releasing his taxes or whatever. smoke is pouring out of every hole in the white house, the admin shouts there's no fire and refuses to open the front door to show anyone. what is an observer supposed to think?

im a brokebrained autistic manchild, so once it is explained to me in short, simple sentences how I'm an idiot for thinking there's anything to be suspicious about, I will slink away with my tail between my legs + tears in my eyes and the thread can focus on crushing the real enemy, the insidious Poles

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Like polls saying Hillary would win popular vote, which she did?

Lol, keep warping reality to suit your tattered mental state son, this is hilarious watching ya'll squirm

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

rezatahs posted:

npr is basically poo poo

:yeah:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

What the heck you chucklefucks, were was it posited that the vault 7 leaks are legit? Are we just assuming that wikileaks is the honest source of truth (like Trump)? This can just as easily be conflated by the russians as by the CIA itself, and is likely somewhere in the middle.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lol, keep warping reality to suit your tattered mental state son, this is hilarious watching ya'll squirm

Actually what's hilarious is the American president being a yuge thin-skinned manbaby throwing tantrums to divert the attention from the fact that he's not the most loved man in the world

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

DandyLion posted:

What the heck you chucklefucks, were was it posited that the vault 7 leaks are legit? Are we just assuming that wikileaks is the honest source of truth (like Trump)? This can just as easily be conflated by the russians as by the CIA itself, and is likely somewhere in the middle.

The same NPR bit I mentioned earlier had an InfoSec guy on it from some IT security firm and he said he thinks it's real. Something to do with the open-source stuff in the leaks that they could go and independently verify.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Actually what's hilarious is the American president being a yuge thin-skinned manbaby throwing tantrums to divert the attention from the fact that he's not the most loved man in the world

But the ultimate hilarity is that he won against a lady that had every power structure in America backing her, but she was so god-awful that she still lost with every conceivable advantage possible

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

But the ultimate hilarity is that he won against a lady that had every power structure in America backing her, but she was so god-awful that she still lost with every conceivable advantage possible

That was good hilarity too, but it's short lived. Hillary is has been now.

Hopefully Trump's tweet will provide the world for 8 years of comedy gold

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

That she had 3 million more votes and still lost points to the Republicans having a huge loving advantage somewhere.

And it's on the electoral map.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

TheKingofSprings posted:

That she had 3 million more votes and still lost points to the Republicans having a huge loving advantage somewhere.

Imagine being a Democratic candidate who campaigns in CA instead of the rust belt.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

TheKingofSprings posted:

Funny, democrats seem to do fine with the electoral college when not running a piece of poo poo

The electoral college served it's purpose - to stop the concentration of power and population to the metropolitan area

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
https://youtu.be/9yC7-JsR2Fk

Does swapping genders change your opinion on who did better at the debate?

https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2017/march/trump-clinton-debates-gender-reversal.html

Vvvvvv. Would you mind changing the link to this one, it's the actual source story.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 8, 2017

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Ahaha excellent, I for one cannot wait until this loving mind control we've been enduring is broken

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Funny, democrats seem to do fine with the electoral college when not running a piece of poo poo

The electoral college served it's purpose - to stop the concentration of power and population to the metropolitan area

Both sides cry about the college when its not on their side. Hillary was a poo poo candidate with a muddled platform and the only clear message most people got from her over the sound of frothing idiot identity politic pushers was "lol donald trump."

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Cephalectomy posted:

Both sides cry about the college when its not on their side. Hillary was a poo poo candidate with a muddled platform and the only clear message most people got from her over the sound of frothing idiot identity politic pushers was "lol donald trump."
Has the GOP candidate ever won the popular vote but lost the EC?

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007
I don't know atually! I thought Bush almost had it happen that way but obviously it didnt happen that way because we had an extra helping of his dumb rear end in the long run. I just remember people crying about the EC every single y ear regardless of who wins or loses.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lmao if trump outsources his intel gathering to essentially 4Chan.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Cephalectomy posted:

I don't know atually! I thought Bush almost had it happen that way but obviously it didnt happen that way because we had an extra helping of his dumb rear end in the long run. I just remember people crying about the EC every single y ear regardless of who wins or loses.
two opposing sides both being critical of the same system doesnt automatically invalidate either group's criticism. presumably, one must investigate the rationale behind the criticism.

e: thank you for yet another hilarious and poignant meme from the_donald

crime weed fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 8, 2017

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Kjoery posted:

two opposing sides both being critical of the same system doesnt automatically invalidate either group's criticism. presumably, one must investigate the rationale behind the criticism.

Sore losers arent confined to a single political party.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
son of a bitch 131 pages later and the truth is STILL somewhere in the middle

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
the notion that donald trump does not represent corruption in a massive way when he puts a bunch of billionaire buddies into his cabinet and supports a health care plan more favorable to the billionaires is fuckin hilarious

i will go ahead and say i didn't vote for shillary either to head off that particular bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Panzeh posted:

the notion that donald trump does not represent corruption in a massive way when he puts a bunch of billionaire buddies into his cabinet and supports a health care plan more favorable to the billionaires is fuckin hilarious

The healthcare plan was already destroying every insurance company not massive enough to weather the storm

The plan was for only the juggernauts to remain, where they could monopolize the market and jack prices up

• Locked thread