Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

What's this a reference to? I ain't got no learning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What's this a reference to? I ain't got no learning.

Citizen Kane. Specifically a scene where his second wife is complaining about how he keeps her trapped in Xanadu and she never gets to go out or see anyone anymore.

SomeMathGuy fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 8, 2017

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

This would make a lot more sense if like, Trump had declassified the CIA tools

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

oddium posted:

wasn't vault 7 the one with all the garys

No, it's the one with all of the Barrys.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Uh, nuns made a choice to become nuns? This is super disingenuous because it doesn't do a good idea of actually picking an idea that is imposed upon Christian women externally.

Some of them did. Others of them were forced into it, and then made to assemble Hasbro games as slave labor.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
It seems like overkill to put prison bars behind your solid metal vault door.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Poor Obama, his only crimes were being secretly gay, secretly Kenyan, and secretly muslim

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

SomeMathGuy posted:

Citizen Kane. Specifically a scene where his second wife is complaining about how he keeps her trapped in Xanadu and she never gets to go out or see anyone anymore.

Donald Trump loves Citizen Kane; he identifies with the shitbag titular character and is too dumb to grasp the major theme of the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrBuWXVEaiU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

It seems like overkill to put prison bars behind your solid metal vault door.

Obama's tiny hands could pick the lock if he gets too close, obviously.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

SomeMathGuy posted:

Thank you.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Poor Obama, his only crimes were being secretly gay, secretly Kenyan, and secretly muslim

Also secretly still President in some people's eyes?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Monkey Fracas posted:

Donald Trump loves Citizen Kane; he identifies with the shitbag titular character and is too dumb to grasp the major theme of the movie

I still haven't seen this yet but my friends who teach film studies/popular culture at Universities all said Trump's interpretation is completely brilliant and has put them out of a job. I think they were being tongue-in-cheek.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Also secretly still President in some people's eyes?

A girl can dream

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mystic Mongol posted:

Some of them did. Others of them were forced into it, and then made to assemble Hasbro games as slave labor.
I hadn't heard that Hasbro used nun slave labor, what the hell :eyepop:

(Also, that's fair. I should have been more present tense. And even then... well, if it's criticism of just the Church and not its members, complaint retracted I guess.)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Monkey Fracas posted:

How is it possible to view that movie and not get that despite all of his wealth and power, Charles Foster Kane was absolutely miserable :psyduck:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Shugojin posted:

How is it possible to view that movie and not get that despite all of his wealth and power, Charles Foster Kane was absolutely miserable :psyduck:
Maybe it's a cry for help. :boehner:

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Kurtofan posted:

i love trump's concerned yet firm look "i have to do this barry my old friend, for america"

There was no Amontillado, Barry.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

Trump wasn't that smart. I once spent hours with him discussing "Citizen Kane." He disagreed when I said it was critical, that Kane is an unsympathetic character. But he couldn't articulate why I was wrong. He kept pointing to the character's financial success, which I didn't dispute.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't know what "Mouth" is, though I do recall Fisk, sadly. Please, enlighten/horrify me.

Sorry, I should have capitalized it as MOUTH. As in, reminding MOUTH of the horrors of the past we can't forget.

Smek. Smek.

Smek.

e - and whatever's been linked. And Mouth's reply, yeah.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Cat Mattress posted:

So that's why Obama was never gone: Trump kidnapped him and holds him in his basement.

For the love of god, Dontresor!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Shugojin posted:

You might not have noticed, but Trump is appallingly dumb, incurious, and unobservant.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Taerkar posted:

No, it's the one with all of the Barrys.

Actually, it's the one where they did an experiment to see how long the vault would last without healthcare. Topical!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fates End posted:

Actually, it's the one where they did an experiment to see how long the vault would last without healthcare. Topical!

I almost posted that before realizing that "Nuka Break" is a Youtube fan-series

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

For the love of god, Dontresor!

The thousand injuries of The Media I had borne as I best could; but when they ventured upon insult, I vowed revenge.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rosebud. Terrific sled.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Someone should start a collection of cartoons depicting muslims with swords like it's the loving 16th century.

loquacius posted:

Trump wasn't that smart. I once spent hours with him discussing "Citizen Kane." He disagreed when I said it was critical, that Kane is an unsympathetic character. But he couldn't articulate why I was wrong. He kept pointing to the character's financial success, which I didn't dispute.
:golfclap:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tyblazitar posted:

Someone should start a collection of cartoons depicting muslims with swords like it's the loving 16th century.
It's a step up from the ones where they have scimitars straight out of Aladdin, like the old McCoy "flying judges into the WTC".

edit: yeah, yeah, found it:

Thanks, whoever runs that Gay Abortions tumblr.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 8, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Cat Mattress posted:

So that's why Obama was never gone: Trump kidnapped him and holds him in his basement.

Trump actually hired a body doubling crisis actor to play as Obama enjoying the outside world while the one true King of America sleeps in his tomb, awaiting the appointed hour of his return.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

loquacius posted:

Ugh, don't make me agree with Rall.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

HAT FETISH posted:

Prediction: after "deep state" gets laughed out of everywhere they'll shift gears to "parallel structure" instead.

I'm astounded and disappointed that there's no crying erdogan :turkey: smiley

Just call it what it is: bureaucracy. Resistance to bad changes (and being somewhat easier to keep relatively corruption-light) is why we put up with the annoyances of it.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

The thousand injuries of The Media I had borne as I best could; but when they ventured upon insult, I vowed revenge.

Is it just a coincidence that I've noticed this, or has there been a trend of people making "The Cask of Amontillado" jokes more often lately?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Something something we should build a wall

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Is it just a coincidence that I've noticed this, or has there been a trend of people making "The Cask of Amontillado" jokes more often lately?

referencing it kind of became a meme for awhile recently, yeah

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

KillerQueen posted:

Something something we should build a wall

We're going to build a wall around the White House, and Obama's going to pay for it!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pants Donkey posted:

Democrats would have touched the sides.

Donald Trump has never touched the sides.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on grammar schools – Theresa May will pave the way for a new generation of grammar schools, as her chancellor uses the budget to push ahead with a controversial policy that is seen as a key priority for the prime minister"

Telegraph:

Hammond keeps his powder dry with a 'boring' budget

Independent:

Times:

After Monty Python.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

We said we'd never go back to the abandoned Fair, not after the things we saw there. But today, my mailbox held a colorful flyer, bearing a name and number I'd prayed to forget:

RON PAUL

I began to sweat. In the near distance, a Hitler chuckled.

Are you are parents okay? :ohdear:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Shangri-Law School posted:

Happy International Women's Day!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

D.N. Nation posted:

You know, if there was clearcut evidence that Obama was doing nefarious bad evil illegal stuff wrt personally tapping Trump's phones, it's almost as if it would only make sense for Trump to bring that up during the elction.

Unless we are to believe that Cartman-voiced manchild Mark Levin did some investimugatin' by hisself and literally just unearthed this evidence. The way I see it, it's more likely that, oh, Trump is absolutely full of poo poo and Garrison's gobbling it up like the pitiful rube he is.

I always thought he sounded more like Master Shake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Cat Mattress posted:

Gingerbread men or snow angels? You decide!

I honestly thought you were making a Pee-Wee Herman joke

• Locked thread