Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Low Desert Punk posted:

why the gently caress would witches use guns

the right to bear arms shall not be infringed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oddium posted:

the right to bear arms shall not be infringed
Actually, bear arms aren't used in many spells or potions.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bayonetta uses guns because she's cool.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Cat Mattress posted:

Gingerbread men or snow angels? You decide!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Meeples!

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I just noticed the Obama witch in the shadows.

OK, I'll admit I laughed when I saw that.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

If the libertarian students didn't want to be beaten up they should have been more intimidating! After all, assault isn't a matter of contracts, so there shouldn't be any laws regarding it, right?

My set came with wood meeples but apparently there was a knot or something because one of the green ones is missing most of one of his legs.

Poor lame meeple :(

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Actually, bear arms aren't used in many spells or potions.

i see what you're doing, but to me, the second amendment is sacred and i ask that you respect that in the future

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

oddium posted:

i see what you're doing, but to me, the second amendment is sacred and i ask that you respect that in the future
Me, at the gun store: The Constitution is open but never broken. Merry meet, and merry part, and merry meet again.

Gun seller: So mote it be.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

a text without hinges, key, or a lid
yet inside the right to shoot people is hid

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

european gollum: egggh... gah!! no fairs !!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh poo poo Republicans control every branch of Government but it's still a total shitshow and even worse than before! We can't blame Democrats anymore! How do we reconcile this?
I wonder if anyone will buy it if we just tell them the REAL, MORE POWERFUL, SECRET government is being SECRET-controlled by DEMOCRATS.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

So are we getting show trials to make it look like they are rooting out secret traitors or are they actually going to try and prosecute someone? The GOP base has to start questioning (well maybe not since they are brainwashed) why their leaders can never seem to actually catch all the people they claim are acting against the interests of the country.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Happy International Women's Day!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nice try, mi-gos. I'm not falling for that again.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I posted this collection of 19th century pro/anti immigration cartoons in the thread before, but it seems more relevant now:
http://imgur.com/a/4MBZJ

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Vib Rib posted:

Oh poo poo Republicans control every branch of Government but it's still a total shitshow and even worse than before! We can't blame Democrats anymore! How do we reconcile this?
I wonder if anyone will buy it if we just tell them the REAL, MORE POWERFUL, SECRET government is being SECRET-controlled by DEMOCRATS.

Have you heard about the Deep State :smug:

(or whatever it's loving called)

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Starshark posted:

Have you heard about the Deep State :smug:

(or whatever it's loving called)

I had not until about 2 minutes ago when I clicked on a cnn article describing the term. Then halfway down the page they posted a Ben Garrison comic of course.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Prediction: after "deep state" gets laughed out of everywhere they'll shift gears to "parallel structure" instead.

I'm astounded and disappointed that there's no crying erdogan :turkey: smiley

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

davebo posted:

I had not until about 2 minutes ago when I clicked on a cnn article describing the term. Then halfway down the page they posted a Ben Garrison comic of course.

Oh it's THAT Garrison cartoon lol

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/07/politics/deep-state/index.html

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Radish posted:

So are we getting show trials to make it look like they are rooting out secret traitors or are they actually going to try and prosecute someone? The GOP base has to start questioning (well maybe not since they are brainwashed) why their leaders can never seem to actually catch all the people they claim are acting against the interests of the country.

Like with Hillarys emails, pretty sure they've all convinced themselves that democrats are all guilty of all the things they claim dems are guilty of, and more, but that's there's just not quite enough evidence to convict anyone of anything because dems are diabolical and destroy all the evidence.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
The imaginary Dad/Publicist being loose cash in the real world is a nice touch

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

santanotreal posted:

Like with Hillarys emails, pretty sure they've all convinced themselves that democrats are all guilty of all the things they claim dems are guilty of, and more, but that's there's just not quite enough evidence to convict anyone of anything because dems are diabolical and destroy all the evidence.

I'm not sure the people in power actually think anyone is guilty of anything; they know it's empty and just say it to whip up uneducated hicks in flyover country.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Uh, nuns made a choice to become nuns? This is super disingenuous because it doesn't do a good idea of actually picking an idea that is imposed upon Christian women externally.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

JerikTelorian posted:

I'm not sure the people in power actually think anyone is guilty of anything; they know it's empty and just say it to whip up uneducated hicks in flyover country.

I think it's pretty exciting that right now we really can't tell whether the people in power are nuts or lying.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Uh, nuns made a choice to become nuns? This is super disingenuous because it doesn't do a good idea of actually picking an idea that is imposed upon Christian women externally.
It's a criticism specifically of the position of women in the Catholic church. Nuns have no real voice or power in the Catholic structure, women can't be priests, etc.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also, Christianity as a whole often is imposed on women externally.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mystic Mongol posted:

I've had teachers like this, they rule.

I had a professor who looked exactly like TInsley's stand-in for liberal professor. He was a marxist and talked about how much roy cohn and richard nixon were such shitheads. We watched Paths of Glory in one of his classes, and he wrote me a recommendation for grad school.

I'm sure he also would have supported punching milo-types.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's a criticism specifically of the position of women in the Catholic church. Nuns have no real voice or power in the Catholic structure, women can't be priests, etc.

I think Catholics would be well advised to be nicer to their boss' wife

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

It has been five days since since the president made one his most explosive allegations, accusing his predecessor of Watergate-levels of corruption, and two of the most popular right-wing sites *Drudge and Breitbart) have no new stories about it on their site. Something tells me no one actually believed this poo poo and Obama is not going to be imprisoned in a bank vault.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I would be totally cool with Obama being the next Mandela, so go for it, Garrison.

Alternately, Obama and his progeny are humanity's greatest chance of success after the nuclear fire sweeps the earth clean and he should be saved in a vault. A Fallout Cartoon.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Just like he was gonna lock Hillary Clinton up, eh, Benji?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i love trump's concerned yet firm look "i have to do this barry my old friend, for america"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

You know, if there was clearcut evidence that Obama was doing nefarious bad evil illegal stuff wrt personally tapping Trump's phones, it's almost as if it would only make sense for Trump to bring that up during the elction.

Unless we are to believe that Cartman-voiced manchild Mark Levin did some investimugatin' by hisself and literally just unearthed this evidence. The way I see it, it's more likely that, oh, Trump is absolutely full of poo poo and Garrison's gobbling it up like the pitiful rube he is.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

wasn't vault 7 the one with all the garys

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

He's going to import all Muslims and Mexicans? I don't think anyone's mad about Trump over that.
He's planning to tax the imported Muslims and Mexicans so American Muslims and Mexicans can compete.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Obama will be safe and protected from the nuclear apocalypse, albeit without proper medical equipment, while at best Trump will turn into a wrinkly irradiated zombie. A Fallout-as-a-metaphor-for-real-life cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

So that's why Obama was never gone: Trump kidnapped him and holds him in his basement.

• Locked thread