Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

(is there a thread that's for campy tv-movie horror films? Because I would read the gently caress out of that :toot:)

Just bring it up in the general horror thread. We already talk about plenty of campy films there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

One was a sad old(?) man in a spooky house. At one point a ball comes rolling/bouncing down the stairs, but there's nothing at the top of the stairs except one of those creepy old wicker wheelchairs.

The Changeling, starring George C. Scott (movie is queued to the scene in question).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRPrIm9H1J4&t=2581s

Zwabu fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 3, 2017

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
If that link doesn't work for you either the trailer doesn't include the whole scene but you can see the ball falling down the stairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTzgXVosQOU&t=38s

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

LadyPictureShow posted:

Second one, a man with a total 70s mustache is in his bedroom, and a ghost throws him though the window and he falls to his death (into a pool, maybe?). I don't remember anything else about the plot, but it sticks in my mind because the guy was naked when he fell to his death, and my little child mind was wondering 'are they allowed to do that in a movie?!' because the shot of him falling was full on frontal nudity. Then again, my dad took my brother and I to see Starship Troopers when I was all of 10; I was shocked they could show naked breasts on screen. I was naive back then.
This is GHOST STORY from 1981.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

You guys are awesome at this, thanks as always!

I can't help you with your requests, unfortunately (is there a thread that's for campy tv-movie horror films? Because I would read the gently caress out of that :toot:), but I felt the same way about Under Seige 2, when they show some woman sunbathing topless. :eyepop:

Hahaha, glad it wasn't just me as a kid. Years ago we rented Death Race, I believe, and when there was a scene with naked women in it my dad went 'huh, I don't remember this part'. He'd only ever seen it edited for tv.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Sir Nose posted:

This is GHOST STORY from 1981.

Fred Astaire was in a loving horror movie!
Haha excellent, have to watch this now.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Saw this around 1980-82 on the premium movie channel. Just one scene but it's been driving me crazy. A fat balding man uses a fishing pole to steal the bra of a woman in a shower or changing in a room.

That is all I can recall. :(

Probably an adult comedy or something.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I kind of remember a scene like that but with a kid using one of those extendable grabber arm things. Probably something on Showtime or USA late night.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Yeah it could be a million films probably but I know it was a fishing pole and a bra. And almost certain it was a man. Fat or bald. Not a teen like Porkys or something. I don't think I watched it all just recall that scene burned into my brain. I don't want to taint the water but I almost feel like the woman yelled at him or something cause I recall he looked really proud of himself for doing it. Long shot I know. :/

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

ZenMaster posted:

Saw this around 1980-82 on the premium movie channel. Just one scene but it's been driving me crazy. A fat balding man uses a fishing pole to steal the bra of a woman in a shower or changing in a room.

Not a great match, but in Private Resort with Johnny Depp, a kid uses the fishing pole trick and I think the manager takes it from him and gets blamed for it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

For whatever reason, I picture Silent Bob doing that fishing pole thing. Was this in Mallrats, or is my brain just making up poo poo after hearing about the unfilmed scene of him jacking off and it getting in some girl's hair, then that sort of thing showing up in There's Something About Mary?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Y'all gonna hate me but, identify all the movies in this?

https://www.facebook.com/shudder/videos/1801931116754296/

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ZenMaster posted:

Indoors or outdoor? I can't really help but I want to say I saw something like that in a formative year and it was a camp movie

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

Y'all gonna hate me but, identify all the movies in this?

https://www.facebook.com/shudder/videos/1801931116754296/

Very first clip is Nightbreed.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

ruddiger posted:

Very first clip is Nightbreed.

there was a hellraiser in there too

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Evil Dead, Re-Animator...

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I think there's Re Animator, Hellbound, and maybe Prince of Darkness there too

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Isn't the plume of blood going into the iv bag from Audition?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

Isn't the plume of blood going into the iv bag from Audition?

I remember it as from Hellraiser but that type of scene has probably been in at least a few films.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
Girl turning at the end is VHS I think.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
There was a tiny snippet of Santa Sangre in there too.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Ape Agitator posted:

I think there's Re Animator, Hellbound, and maybe Prince of Darkness there too

No Prince of Darkness, if you mean the woman being pulled through the door. That's not it.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

For whatever reason, I picture Silent Bob doing that fishing pole thing. Was this in Mallrats, or is my brain just making up poo poo after hearing about the unfilmed scene of him jacking off and it getting in some girl's hair, then that sort of thing showing up in There's Something About Mary?

It was 1983 or thereabouts cause it was before I moved to my new house and I saw mall rats but dont recall that scene. :(

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Ape Agitator posted:

Not a great match, but in Private Resort with Johnny Depp, a kid uses the fishing pole trick and I think the manager takes it from him and gets blamed for it.

I can check it out but I swear it was an older fat man. Sweaty looking doughy, you know the type. :)

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Alan Smithee posted:

Indoors or outdoor? I can't really help but I want to say I saw something like that in a formative year and it was a camp movie

Indoor as far as my tiny brain could remember. Like a bathroom and shower. Or it could have been one of those old style changing screens she was behind. The older sweaty guy cranked the fishing pole and up came the bra and he looked really happy about it. Like pervy. I recall the bathroom being yellow or something bright.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

happyhippy posted:

No Prince of Darkness, if you mean the woman being pulled through the door. That's not it.

I was thinking the gooey face between slatted doors about three flashes after Herbert West from Re Animator.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
On the Shudder thing I also saw ABCs of Death.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

I have a movie I need help with.

I remember watching the tail end of it on USA when I was a kid during the 90's. It had something to do with these Mercury-like slug things that would inhabit a person and turn them into zombies or something. If I recall correctly the last scene was one slug that was overlooked exiting a house and slithering down a street under a full moon. The movie might have been a sequel.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Raspberry Bang posted:

I remember watching the tail end of it on USA when I was a kid during the 90's. It had something to do with these Mercury-like slug things that would inhabit a person and turn them into zombies or something. If I recall correctly the last scene was one slug that was overlooked exiting a house and slithering down a street under a full moon. The movie might have been a sequel.

Was there a scene where a woman was chopping a head of cabbage/lettuce with the brain slugs in it?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Raspberry Bang posted:

Cult classic Night of the Creeps?

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Ape Agitator posted:

Cult classic Night of the Creeps?

I think this might be it! I vaguely remember that detective character.

Thank you!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Okay, these are two movies (at least I think it's from two distinct movies, maybe some others got mixed in by now) from my early childhood of watching them on a tiny B&W TV. I doubt they were very good but these are my earliest movie memories, in addition to one of the original Star Wars episodes. This had to be early to mid 90s in the Eastern Bloc so I doubt they were exactly fresh A-grade material.

1. Dystopian futuristic society where everybody has to live in bunkers/domes as the outside air became poisonous. There's a rebellion of some sort and our protagonist's hazmat suit gets wrecked while outside and... instead of dying horribly, it turns out the air was fine. We were lied to this whole time!
2. A few kids, I'd guess pre-teen now, have messed up home family situation. Maybe divorce? They're fishing out golf balls and reselling them to earn money to build a glider or some sort of flying contraption to go to their mom/dad, and I think somehow that works out fine.

Even if somebody knows what the hell I'm talking about, I probably shouldn't rewatch them now, but I'm really curious what they were.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

Okay, these are two movies (at least I think it's from two distinct movies, maybe some others got mixed in by now) from my early childhood of watching them on a tiny B&W TV. I doubt they were very good but these are my earliest movie memories, in addition to one of the original Star Wars episodes. This had to be early to mid 90s in the Eastern Bloc so I doubt they were exactly fresh A-grade material.

1. Dystopian futuristic society where everybody has to live in bunkers/domes as the outside air became poisonous. There's a rebellion of some sort and our protagonist's hazmat suit gets wrecked while outside and... instead of dying horribly, it turns out the air was fine. We were lied to this whole time!
2. A few kids, I'd guess pre-teen now, have messed up home family situation. Maybe divorce? They're fishing out golf balls and reselling them to earn money to build a glider or some sort of flying contraption to go to their mom/dad, and I think somehow that works out fine.

Even if somebody knows what the hell I'm talking about, I probably shouldn't rewatch them now, but I'm really curious what they were.

I feel like number 2 is Radio Flyer

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

I saw this on the independent or sundance film channel back in the late nineties/early 2000s. It was a documentary from either 70s or 80s (had that supper gritty color film look like movies from that era have). The whole premise was basically boring jobs. The guy just goes around applying for various low paying lovely jobs and the camera crew follows him through orientation/training as well as the actual job.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
A group of guys go out in the woods to hunt and encounter an alien who experiments on them. At one point the alien makes them horny and the hook up with a couple of women, then the next day the alien resets everything to the status quo. Eventually the alien kills one of the hunters and takes on that hunter's form. Later the other hunters kill the alien by reminding it of how the hunter died chanting "10,000 Volts!" at it till the hunter dies.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem

SimonCat posted:

A group of guys go out in the woods to hunt and encounter an alien who experiments on them. At one point the alien makes them horny and the hook up with a couple of women, then the next day the alien resets everything to the status quo. Eventually the alien kills one of the hunters and takes on that hunter's form. Later the other hunters kill the alien by reminding it of how the hunter died chanting "10,000 Volts!" at it till the hunter dies.

Google says this is High Desert Kill.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

NObodyNOWHERE posted:

Google says this is High Desert Kill.

That's it, thanks!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RentACop posted:

I feel like number 2 is Radio Flyer
That's probably it, thanks! I've seen the title come up occasionally but never actually checked it out. The description makes it sound way darker than I remember, though.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Number 1 makes me think of a bastardized memory of Total Recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Gunjin posted:

Number 1 makes me think of a bastardized memory of Total Recall.

Yeah, but it's different enough from the stuff in Total Recall to make me think he's thinking of something else cause the lack of air on Mars was a problem until the end of the movie.