Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

There is so much noise on gear that it can be hard to figure out what actually has value and what doesn't, but it's super important to critically look at the stat it's providing to figure out if it's doing something useful for you.

Yea, this is what has me overwhelmed. Some of the gear like a ring and an amulet I have just for the STR+INT requirements of some of my gems. Should I stop upgrading gems if it's difficult to keep the stats for them?

And thanks for the lengthy post, I'll try to be more discerning with stats instead of just keeping stuff that has lots of links.

Valle posted:

To add to what Canine said, I see you've picked up the claw nodes down to Soul Raker. I only glanced over the guide, which seems to be in need of a review, because he talks about jewels and how Lioneye's Fall is NOT needed. Yet unless I'm missing something there is no reason to pick those claw nodes unless you turn them into bow nodes with that very jewel (which right now costs 40 chaos). This would be done via the two projectile damage and jewel socket node below Soul Raker. At this time those points would be better spent...anywhere else.

At the time when I took those claw nodes I was confused too, but I figured some more mana leech would help to use Hatred + Herald of Ice without spamming mana flasks every 3 shots. But I guess it's normal to use flasks so often? And I didn't realize it depended on that Lioneye's Fall jewel.

Tonight I'll hop in IRC (if that's the way to go still) to join the guild if there's room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Jinnigan posted:

What if you went. Chaos Occultist. With delirum (decay) bow. and... wither cwc bladefall? blight cwc?

Blight doesn't 'hit.' But if you cwc-bladefall, will on hit effects work off bladefall? Will I be able to apply delirum, and will I be able to leech?

You'll leech and trigger Delirium off of just Bladefall

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
reposting since it gost lost in the noise of the last page:

quote:

I want to try my hand at an uber lab farmer - what's a good way to do it? EQ/Warchief Jugg & Berserker seem like popular options but I don't know what's budget viable with the 40c or so I have to rub together.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

interrodactyl posted:

reposting since it gost lost in the noise of the last page:

Bv Slayer has been extremely good for me. Search for vacarian's guide to it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey I need some advice on gem links for KOTF: currently looking at
Frenzy-Faster Attacks-Blink; Grace
Inc Duration-Vaal Haste-Rage; Arctic Armor
CWDT-Inc Duration-Immortal Call-Ice Golem

I've been running with high level CWDT/golem while trying to get the right colors, but since I have a relatively small health pool (4.6k at 73), I try not to get hit that much, and while lvl1 would make the golem trigger more I worry it would also just die to a stiff breeze. Not really sure how I'd rearrange the sockets though.

e: Also, I've been having trouble keeping power charges up on occasion using only the power charge on non-crit from assassin, and I'm only at ~50% crit chance, any advice on how to keep those up more?

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 8, 2017

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

is ignite vortex still strong as hell? i played one to 50ish last league and could one hit everything below yellows basically so it was super quick to progress.

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

baram. posted:

is ignite vortex still strong as hell? i played one to 50ish last league and could one hit everything below yellows basically so it was super quick to progress.
With the Pyre nerf I'm not so sure how good it would be, unless you put like a cold to fire gem in there too.

But, I like a lot of the skill mtx, those are what I spent a lot of the points I get on.

Rakeris fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 8, 2017

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

jerkstoresup posted:

fixed.

I'll give Barrage and Blast Rain a try. Haven't really used any other projectile attacks yet.

What's the cheapest/easiest way to go about finding a 4-link glove, helmet or boot? Here's what my currency stash looks like:

Bro where are your piles of alteration orbs?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nova Odin posted:

Key things about the patch on Thursday:

Perandus Leaguestones that drop after this patch will now have a 20% chance to spawn Cadiro in the next area.
Onslaught Leaguestones that drop after this patch will now have 20% increased Quantity of Items found in the next area.

Those are good changes. Now all they need to do is make magic Leaguestones a little easier to come by, and this league would be perfect.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

baram. posted:

If you use Pyre and Cold to Fire you will have 90% conversion now which is decent. You can also use Hrimburn and not take any %fire damage on the tree, this has the side benefit of making EE easier to trigger. You're taking a pretty big hit but overall it should still be able to do everything it did before. Note that you don't just lose damage, but the AE nerfs also cause you to lose a pretty significant portion of your AE also.

Though I am not sure what version you were doing before, because the one I played in Breach oneshot everything besides guardians and higher map bosses without even swapping in conc effect. Standard rares died instantly, even the breach ones would die to a prolif'd ignite from other stuff. It was one of the better breach clearing characters I have played, limited only by move speed.

Overall the build still works, should still be good, but won't clear quite as fast.

EDIT: Just saw you only got to 50, nevermind! The build really takes off at higher levels as you get more and more double dipping and all of the ascendancy points.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

Those are good changes. Now all they need to do is make magic Leaguestones a little easier to come by, and this league would be perfect.

I've been buying 2-mod leaguestones off poe.trade for up to 5 chaos each and the returns are worth it.

Just make sure you check the level before buying.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 8, 2017

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

McFrugal posted:

I tried doing some crafting that is way beyond my budget, and realized I'm an idiot that needs advice. :downs:

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

jerkstoresup posted:

I tried doing some crafting that is way beyond my budget, and realized I'm an idiot that needs advice. :downs:

As a new player don't craft. Its rarely worth the currency early on when you're not great at getting currency. Like 15~ alts can be a chaos. So when your racking up hundreds of em it can be a nice little bag of chaos for buying something good n cheap.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Even on day 1 i was buying 40 alts for 1c

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

http://filterblast.oversoul.xyz/advanced/Greengroove/vbs9t

Most likely the final custom version of Greengrooves. This one is extremely strict. Don't use it unless you're happy buying scrolls, scraps, transmutes and augs.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
As a new player absolutely look into crafting and think about how to do it intelligently, there's no reason to forego a huge part of the game just to save up crumbs to buy rares from poe.trade with imo

Crafting doesn't have to be expensive, especially with essences

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

please knock Mom! posted:

Even on day 1 i was buying 40 alts for 1c

I'm still thinking of last league.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Protip: roll fecund blue items of resistance and sell them for 10c each

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I'm just hitting 60 with a character for the first time and I'd like to start upgrading to end game gear.

I know that the general strategy is to farm maps and dried lake for things that can sell.

What sort of things should I look for? installed the trade macro but it only really works for uniques.

Also, is there a guide somewhere for wtf the atlas is?

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Maddot_66 posted:

Need build advice for NattyIce_crash https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Maddot_66/characters

Making him into a crit Ice crash build and I'm looking for advice on just about everything. Not sure where to go next in the passive tree, open to suggestions over which curses/auras/links to use for my main and support skills.

I was thinking of stacking life regen along with immortal flesh and the consecrated ascendancy nodes to help with defense, not sure if that will be a big help or not.

I also have no idea what uniques I want other than a hegemony's era once I scrape enough $$$ together.

any goon help would be appreciated.

Upgrading your flasks to an Atziri's promise and a taste of hate jumps out to me. ToH is a little pricey right now but atziri's should only be 1-2 chaos.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

McFrugal posted:

used to roll t1 maps until theyre perfect

Lechtansi posted:

What sort of things should I look for? installed the trade macro but it only really works for uniques.

cap resists, more armor/life or ES, movespeed on boots
everything else is just gravy
weapon = it depends, read your build guide's recommendations

atlas = google 'poe atlas'

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

Mr. Whale posted:

Upgrading your flasks to an Atziri's promise and a taste of hate jumps out to me. ToH is a little pricey right now but atziri's should only be 1-2 chaos.

That's a good start. I didn't realize that atziri flasks were so cheap. what would my flasks look like ideally? atziri, ToH, ......? was thinking of grabbing a sulfur flask that would synergize with my ascendancy points later on. Good idea? should I grab one of the unique ones, or just hope for a good magic one?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Maddot_66 posted:

what would my flasks look like ideally?

5 legacy vinktars

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Lechtansi posted:

I'm just hitting 60 with a character for the first time and I'd like to start upgrading to end game gear.

I know that the general strategy is to farm maps and dried lake for things that can sell.

General strategy is to farm Dried Lake until you feel like going into maps (it's level combined with pack density/monster number allows you to easily spend 15-20 levels there). As you farm, look for currency, divination cards, and map drops. Unique items can be hit and miss as to their value. Rare items can be collected in sets for Chaos Orb and Regal Orb vendor recipes, or just sold to other players if it is something decent. There are a few single-item vendore recipes that can be worthwhile early on - linked RGB items, and 6 socket items sell for a Chromatic Orb and 7 Jeweller's Orbs respectively.

Trade macro is fairly useless for any equipment that has any rollable mods or it, but can be decently helpful to quickly appraise items without variable properties, such as essences, divination cards, skill gems (it does deal with quality and levels well), and others.

As for Atlas, here's an old-ish video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vcBnTC2-N8

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Trade macro is fairly useless for any equipment that has any rollable mods or it

ctrl+alt+d

Pick the stats you want to compare and the ranges and it does the search for you, won't let you see each item but for basic rares it can find results pretty quick. Useful for pricing things like boots, chests, and helms, not as good on jewelery, jewels or caster weapons.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Maddot_66 posted:

That's a good start. I didn't realize that atziri flasks were so cheap. what would my flasks look like ideally? atziri, ToH, ......? was thinking of grabbing a sulfur flask that would synergize with my ascendancy points later on. Good idea? should I grab one of the unique ones, or just hope for a good magic one?

Flasks are mostly personal preference. I would go those 2 and maybe a diamond if you're going crit.

Go to poe trade and get at least 70 life plus some resists on all your armor and jewelery. You probably have like 4k hp at most and that's not enough.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

jerkstoresup posted:

At the time when I took those claw nodes I was confused too, but I figured some more mana leech would help to use Hatred + Herald of Ice without spamming mana flasks every 3 shots. But I guess it's normal to use flasks so often? And I didn't realize it depended on that Lioneye's Fall jewel.

I guess they changed it or something, last time I followed Neversink's guide I would pick up Essence Sap down below Herbalism, and keep that until higher levels where I'd switch it for Vitality Void further down to the left of those. And picking up the 0.4% life and mana leech tended to keep me in mana. That claw node looks like it might just be better though. Guess you learn something new every day!

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jinnigan/characters/

Can I get some build advice on this blade flurry->cwc->bladefall character? I don't have much of a budget right now but I'm sitting at 4.7k ES. Really my main questions are: can I get a more reliable source of leech than Warlord's? Attack damage isn't great because I'm not really pumping up the blade flurry damage. My other question is: what should I upgrade my weapon to? Bino's? Just any high pdps 1h weapon?

Any suggestions/feedback on what to prioritize on my passive tree would be good too.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cinara posted:

ctrl+alt+d

Pick the stats you want to compare and the ranges and it does the search for you, won't let you see each item but for basic rares it can find results pretty quick. Useful for pricing things like boots, chests, and helms, not as good on jewelery, jewels or caster weapons.
I'm aware of that feature. I still prefer to take a few seconds to price equipment and generally expensive stuff manually.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Is there a build that's known to be particularly fast at farming ~T10-T14 maps, while also being cheap to gear out (talking about sub-50 chaos, preferably as cheap as possible).

For this character, I don't care how boring/gimmicky it is nor about clearing endgame bosses. I'm just looking for a fast farming for those map tiers while being cheap to get going.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Duct Tape posted:

Is there a build that's known to be particularly fast at farming ~T10-T14 maps, while also being cheap to gear out (talking about sub-50 chaos, preferably as cheap as possible).

For this character, I don't care how boring/gimmicky it is nor about clearing endgame bosses. I'm just looking for a fast farming for those map tiers while being cheap to get going.

Pizza totems is pretty much the way to go for that.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Skyl3lazer posted:

flame blast crit prolif has been really good so far as well. Cheap too. just need a hysteria essence and a 6s staff, doesnt need to be linked.

there's a build on the witch forums.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Skyl3lazer posted:

no don't

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Hi thread, long-time-ago player, first-time poster. Looking for some feedback on my berserker build idea, trying for dual-wield axes using dual-strike/cleave/frenzy/life-gain-on-hit. I have no idea what I'm doing, clearly. I just wanna chop heads and bathe in blood IS THAT SO HARD?!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
^^^ seems good, do it

Duct Tape posted:

Zerker BV fits nicely imo

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
So what's the deal with Facebreaker builds? I threw together a physical damage focused tree with 'breakers in Path of Building and the Ice Crash damage numbers are really, really sad. Is there a gimmick to it I'm missing?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Do you have a lot of +flat phys damage on gear? Abyssus, steel rings, etc.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

scuz posted:

Hi thread, long-time-ago player, first-time poster. Looking for some feedback on my berserker build idea, trying for dual-wield axes using dual-strike/cleave/frenzy/life-gain-on-hit. I have no idea what I'm doing, clearly. I just wanna chop heads and bathe in blood IS THAT SO HARD?!

You're going to want about twice as much increased maximum life but the biggest recommendation I can give you is use a Belly of the Beast chest armor for the Extra Gore mod.

Aim for 200% increased maximum life, you can get 30-40% from the Belly.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Mar 8, 2017

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

deep dish peat moss posted:

You're going to want about twice as much increased maximum life but the biggest recommendation I can give you is use a Belly of the Beast chest armor for the Extra Gore mod.
Yeah, I hit level 47 and have noticed that while my dps is north of 3k, I sure died real quick without any evasion. Thanks for the tip on the Belly of the Beast, just switched over to evasion/armor from straight armor and noticed that I can live longer which is great :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib

scuz posted:

I'm no kind of expert, but most folks recommend against building 123-point trees, because you aren't likely to get there. I tend to stick to around 91-95. The main thing I noticed on quick glance was no jewel sockets, which seems like an oversight. Even rando jewels can get pretty tasty, never mind specific uniques like Overwhelming Odds (Cleave grants Fortify on hit and 3% increased AoE per nearby enemy) or Might & Influence (off-hand deals splash damage, chance of main-hand dealing 2x damage). 115% to max life seems lowish -- I like 150, and most folks here strenuously advocate for 200, which I don't really see but like I said I'm no kind of expert, so I'd defer to that consensus.

You've got 4 points off Art of the Gladiator for a total of 14% to attack speed -- I think those 4 points could be better allocated a lot of other places, like getting to a single jewel socket that could give you that much. You're 1 point away from Path of the Warrior off the Constitution wheel, for instance, which is a way, way better use of a point than the last 3% attack speed node off Art of the Gladiator.

TLDR: Lose at least 23, preferably 30, points, and reconsider whether or not pathing that deep into Duelist is really worth it for you. I know, Hatchet master is tasty, but Evasion isn't really something you minor in -- go whole hog (duelist) or just skip it.

edit: Here's a 93-point tree I threw together with 198% to max life with 2 jewel sockets within 1 and 2 points, but still has a lot of axe facemulching goodness: https://www.poeurl.com/894

palecur fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 8, 2017

• Locked thread