Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

projecthalaxy posted:

Calling him Zamasu is incorrect and wrong, much like thinking the manga is real or matters to anyone is incorrect and wrong

Zamas is probably closer given how they pronounce it in Super anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

if we all write strong worded letters to toriyama its not too late to get master roshi kicked off the team and replaced with a resurrected Cell

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I dont think Cell would have good team dynamics with 17 and 18.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Excuse me, I don't think anyone has ever been more in sync with 17 and 18 than their little brother Cell :colbert:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
17 and 18 are gonna do a Fusion Dance and just turn into a secret 4th Cell form.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
cell rules bring him back

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

deadly_pudding posted:

17 and 18 are gonna do a Fusion Dance and just turn into a secret 4th Cell form.

Actually, they would become Android 1718.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Bring back the best villain, Super Janemba. Super Janemba would win the tournament.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Good villains stay dead.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blaze Dragon posted:

Actually, they would become Android 1718.

Should've been Android 35.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Apparently, the Tournament of Power starts 40 minutes (or hours) after the Exhibition Match. Not sure which, I've seen translations that said both.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Apparently, the Tournament of Power starts 40 minutes (or hours) after the Exhibition Match. Not sure which, I've seen translations that said both.

I bet its minutes, otherwise they would have time to do a training session in the time chamber. Would also explain why they don't go searching all of space for someone stronger than Krillin.

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
Do you think Cell would have been able to win the Cell game if Gohan didn't go Super Saiyan 2 and Goku didn't give him a senzu?

Like could the Cell that was tired from fighting Goku have beaten Super Saiyan Gohan? If so could that even more tired version of Cell have beaten Vegeta? And then Trunks? And then Piccolo? And so on?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rutibex posted:

I bet its minutes, otherwise they would have time to do a training session in the time chamber. Would also explain why they don't go searching all of space for someone stronger than Krillin.

That would require Bulma to give birth really quickly, though.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Flippinlikebirds posted:

Do you think Cell would have been able to win the Cell game if Gohan didn't go Super Saiyan 2 and Goku didn't give him a senzu?

Like could the Cell that was tired from fighting Goku have beaten Super Saiyan Gohan? If so could that even more tired version of Cell have beaten Vegeta? And then Trunks? And then Piccolo? And so on?

Probably? He's very difficult to actually kill, and the deciding moment was when SSJ2 Gohan hit him so hard that he barfed up Android 18.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Flippinlikebirds posted:

Cell can regenerate from almost literally nothing and be stronger than ever.

As much fun as it is to rag on Goku for giving him a Senzu, it was purely a token gesture and didn't matter at all.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Flippinlikebirds posted:

He'd probably keep getting zenkais to the point that his power ups would compensate for his tiredness. OR he would pull a Frieza and blow up the planet if he saw he was gonna lose.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cell got a zenkai from blowing himself up so gohan would have died even if he'd won against tired cell

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Calibanibal posted:

if we all write strong worded letters to toriyama its not too late to get master roshi kicked off the team and replaced with a resurrected Cell

It is actually, because Toriyama already read my letter asking him to include Master Roshi.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Master Roshi could beat super perfect cell

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Zamasu posted:

Wh-What is this beat?!? It's too strong!

trunks forgot to drop the base

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Cell *did* beat Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, and the only reason he lost was because Goku interfered and teleported him away, so it's safe to say that he would have easily beaten the entire crew.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

shut up about cell, he's not coming the tournament and there's no reason for him to

Flippinlikebirds
Feb 2, 2007
I'm an ideas man Michael. I think I proved that with Fuck Mountain.
True, but he IS pretty cool

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I want to see a bug monster have Norio Wakamoto's soothing voice for the first time again.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
The trickle of TFS content is not enough Mr. Perfect Cell for me. I need to see him get completely trounced by a rando from a different universe.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Cell *did* beat Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, and the only reason he lost was because Goku interfered and teleported him away, so it's safe to say that he would have easily beaten the entire crew.

Nah, Cell totally lost that fight, he just threw a fit at the end and tried to take the whole world down with him.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Nah, Cell totally lost that fight, he just threw a fit at the end and tried to take the whole world down with him.

He would have survived though

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Andrast posted:

He would have survived though

Yeah, but he didn't know he would.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, but he didn't know he would.

I don't see how that matters

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Andrast posted:

I don't see how that matters

It matters because as far as Cell was concerned, he was dead. He lost. So he chose suicide.

If in the middle of your fight with some rear end in a top hat, you beat the poo poo out of the rear end in a top hat and the rear end in a top hat pulls a gun and blows their own brains out, you won that fight. It doesn't matter if that rear end in a top hat then gets back up and realizes he's immortal.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Burkion posted:

It matters because as far as Cell was concerned, he was dead. He lost. So he chose suicide.

If in the middle of your fight with some rear end in a top hat, you beat the poo poo out of the rear end in a top hat and the rear end in a top hat pulls a gun and blows their own brains out, you won that fight. It doesn't matter if that rear end in a top hat then gets back up and realizes he's immortal.

If it ends with him being alive with the others dead, it does matter.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Vegeta thought he would easily beat Perfect Cell after beating the snot out of Semi-Perfect Cell, therefore Vegeta beat Perfect Cell. Who cares if the fight ended with Vegeta broken and beaten and Cell basically unhurt, Vegeta thought he won, therefore he did!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you're all terrible

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

the tournament has everything to do with cell???????????????????????

the universes are being destroyed becaus they dont have enough advanced lifeforms, but cell is the ultimate lifeform

the point of the tourney is to decide who the best warrior is, and cell is the ultimate warrior

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

like its been strongly hinted at several times in dbs that cell has already escaped from hell and is secretly spying on goku with little microscopic scouts, i cant be the only to pick up on this

the final big bad is a fusion of cell and zen oh sama

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
the final big bad is gonna be some dude from a universe that zen-chan erased

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Elfgames posted:

the final big bad is gonna be some dude from a universe that zen-chan erased

Goku's gonna have to fight Dragonball Evolution Goku?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
They said that teamwork plays a huge part in this tournament, which is why baddies like Cell, Freeza, and Janemba can't participate: they aren't team players. Even Goku knows when to hand the ball over to his son and let him get traumatized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I bet Cell has a really high mortal level

• Locked thread