Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's the smash bros falcom clone or w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

In Training posted:

It's the smash bros falcom clone or w/e

If I recall correctly, Ys vs Trails was a PSP-only game which isn't anymore likely to come out than a PSP-version of 3rd.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah ys vs trails is psp-only and the odds of seeing that are less likely than seeing nayuta no kiseki translated

though it would be hilarious as marketing for a localization of the crossbell games

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future
Finished TitS FC and drat what a cliffhanger. I was planning on taking a break from JRPGs and playing some other stuff before diving into SC but now I feel pretty compelled to just keep going. Does the combat change all that much in SC? Or at least the battle music? I would appreciate something a bit different.

Hell though, back to that ending. I was definitely enjoying myself throughout but thought the "revelaitons" towards the end were pretty good but not super mind blowing....until the VERY end with the cliffhanger. Then I suddenly felt like all the time I spent with the characters during the game started to mean more than the sum of its parts, if that makes sense. Everything suddenly felt more significant and I gotta admit the final FMV sequence and the music hit me right in the feels.

side note, while playing FC I felt like I was always waiting for something to go horribly wrong. Maybe because I've been watching a Nier playthrough, but every time the team set out to do something I was waiting for the other shoe to drop and things to go grimdark but everything remained cheery and bright.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

combat is basically the same, there's one new main new mechanic but it's not really a game-changer. it is generally harder and the balance has been tweaked though, and you start from where you left off in terms of character progression.

SC has its own OST. it reuses the town themes and a couple of themes from FC get used in appropriate moments but most of what you're hearing is new including battle themes.

i think SC works well with something of a break between games because of things the narrative does, but i'd just do whatever you like here really

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
SC has a new feature called "Chain Crafts" which allow you to deliver a physical attack to enemies with several characters at once at the cost of some CP for everyone involved. It's a mechanic that's not a huge gamechanger, but is essentially an additional tool you get for squeezing in additional damage to a nearly dead enemy, mess around with the turn order in order to get bonuses and take optimal advantage of damage turn bonuses you get.

Aside from that you start the game with all crafts you had at the end of FC, so you have more tools at your disposal right off the bat. You also start the game with all orbment slots opened (you have to upgrade individual slots in order to get more EP and equip higher-level quartz) so you also are able to equip more quartz right off the bat than you could at the start of FC and every character's orbment gets an additional slot to put stuff in.

SC is generally harder than FC. Early on in FC, spamming S-crafts was enough to even finish off bosses, but that tactic is a death wish right away in SC.

SC has most of FC's soundtrack plus a very large number of its own tracks. The combat music is different, but the normal battle theme is similarly jazzy as the normal battle theme in FC, so if you didn't like that approach...well, I guess you can always manually switch out music files. SC does away with FC's bubbly normal boss music though. In fact, the game has some truly epic boss tunes.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Would also recommend not playing on Hard, even if you did so in FC. The prologue boss is an absolute nightmare, though I hear if you get past him, it's a lot easier.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
The prologue everything is extremely rude but the boss does like 600 damage to your 2k hp while you do like 100-200. It's awful.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SC Bracer posted:

The prologue everything is extremely rude but the boss does like 600 damage to your 2k hp while you do like 100-200. It's awful.

Use cookies.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

New info on Cold Steel 3 characters and how the world has changed since the end of CS2:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Falcom/comments/5y0ewl/new_info_about_cold_steel_3_from_2ch/

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

A bunch of new info about CS3 dropped in Dengeki. Here is a summary of background stuff:

http://kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/The_Legend_of_Heroes:_Sen_no_Kiseki_III#Prologue/

Furthermore, the new characters are:

Blue-haired sword guy is Kurt Vander, Mueller's younger brother (more info: http://kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/Kurt_Vander)

Pink-haired tonfa girl is Yuna Crawford, from Crossbell (more info: http://kiseki.wikia.com/wiki/Yuna_Crawford)

e: terper beat me but mine's better

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

quote:

1 and a half year after the civil war, Erebonia became much stronger than Calvard due to making Crossbell and North Ambria under control.

Whoa wait what.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Yeah, looks like Osborne's been busy on both the domestic and the international front, annexing North Ambria (as if Sara didn't hate his guts enough already) and domestically, apparantly either abolishing the nobility caste altogether or just dismantling the Four Great Houses (two of which were already shaken due to their patriarchs being in jail) while sidelining the Vanders just because he could.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pfft, what would she have to complain about, Erebonia is sure to bring peace and prosperity to that sad, ah, "nation". :smuggo:

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Erpy posted:

Yeah, looks like Osborne's been busy on both the domestic and the international front, annexing North Ambria (as if Sara didn't hate his guts enough already) and domestically, apparantly either abolishing the nobility caste altogether or just dismantling the Four Great Houses (two of which were already shaken due to their patriarchs being in jail) while sidelining the Vanders just because he could.

Aurelia working as the principal suggests the military power of the Western houses likely got dismantled, too, which was... about expected.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Congrats to liberl on not already getting rolled over by gundams

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

lets hang out posted:

Estelle's beaten enough of those up with a stick by now that they wouldn't be able to do much.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

lets hang out posted:

General Bright probably started planning countermeasures against gundams before they were even developed. The guy needed to do SOMETHING with his time after Liber Ark was taken care of.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

havenwaters posted:

Estelle's beaten enough of those up with a stick by now that they wouldn't be able to do much.

She's not even in Liberl anymore, she was last in Crossbell.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I imagine they'd be back in Liberl by the point of CSIII, though the events of that game might draw them into Erebonia since we're apparently getting some sky characters.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I hope Estelle and Joshua end up being a boss fight for Rean.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Some Numbers posted:

I hope Estelle and Joshua end up being a boss fight for Rean.

I hope you meet Anelace and have an 8 leaves training duel.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Zaggitz posted:

I hope you meet Anelace and have an 8 leaves training duel.

This would also be great.

Because more Anelace is always great.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My CS3 hope is that Blue Destination plays one more time for some pivotal boss fight.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

no more unwinnable fights or cutscene reversals please

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Really Pants posted:

:lol:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Really Pants posted:

Hahahaha, oh, you wish

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Really Pants posted:

You might be playing the wrong series.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

The Doomhammer posted:

I imagine they'd be back in Liberl by the point of CSIII, though the events of that game might draw them into Erebonia since we're apparently getting some sky characters.

If Joshua's in CS3, what I'd like to see more than anything is have him run into Sharon. I imagine it'd be kind of awkward, to say the least. (not that Sharon would mind)

Erpy fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Mar 8, 2017

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Speaking of, more Sharon please. She isn't my favorite character of Cold Steel, but she is a delightful poo poo stirrer.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
Make Sharon a permanent party member please

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Thors Academy Mk II looking a bit more MIT than Oxford this time around.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
I approve of Altina's cute beret.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That's hard reverse of Altina's C2 outfit, the back down is real.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Does Trails learn how to make bosses hard without giving all of them adds after Sky? I'm getting pretty sick of this poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

That's hard reverse of Altina's C2 outfit, the back down is real.

it's not really a back down so much as them making her clothes look like a normal person's now that she's living like a normal person. Millium did the same thing.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Justin_Brett posted:

Does Trails learn how to make bosses hard without giving all of them adds after Sky? I'm getting pretty sick of this poo poo.

Yes, mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

https://twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/839608171534569472

i claim the becky av