Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

wandler20 posted:

Mixon ran a 4.43 at his pro day.

"maybe he had a good reason for punching that lady!! " NFL execs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Slammed her head into a table I thought

Man if the Chiefs draft him Parm might have to start a new evil gimmick

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Slammed her head into a table I thought

Man if the Chiefs draft him Parm might have to start a new evil gimmick

He knocked her out with one punch and her jaw hit the table on the way down.

I don't think the Chiefs are willing to take DV guys in back to back drafts but who knows. Purely on the field he'd fill a need.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

People want to talk about gender equality then get their panties in a bunch when a young athlete in tremendous shape knocks out a normal college girl who had the audacity to take umbrage at said player calling her friend a fag

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
There's a ton of scumbags in every profession out there. Mixon looks good on tape and seems incredibly athletic. I'd draft him high up if other GMs coveted him too.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I thought he called her friend a fag after she dropped a hard R

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

That second part didn't happen, at least not from her. Mixon claims it was one of her friends. And in reality who knows if happened at all?

quote:

Mixon said the racial slur was said not to him, but about him. Molitor’s male friend has his back turned to Mixon as Mixon turns to leave. The police interviewer calls that strange, that someone would address a racial slur about Mixon to a table that included Smith, Mixon’s teammate, friend and fellow African-American.

Not that it stopped his lawyers from wording it as if maybe she did to make her look bad:

quote:

The issue of the slur has been at the heart of the backlash against Molitor in the OU community, with the woman receiving abuse and harassment based on the mistaken belief that she used a slur against Mixon. Many media outlets covered the story as if she had. Mixon and his attorneys certainly didn’t go out of their way to disabuse fans of that idea—in court papers, Mixon alleged he heard Molitor “and/or members of her party” use racial slurs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Who knows if the racial slur really happened but OU fans were able to latch onto it for the purpose of driving her completely away from the school because breaking someone's face is no reason to lose football games

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Intruder posted:

Who knows if the racial slur really happened but OU fans were able to latch onto it for the purpose of driving her completely away from the school because breaking someone's face is no reason to lose football games

So what should have been done? What should be done moving forward?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It was more of a commentary on how people are terrible so I guess people could stop being terrible

Heh. Hehe. Hahahaha

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

He knocked her out with one punch and her jaw hit the table on the way down.

I don't think the Chiefs are willing to take DV guys in back to back drafts but who knows. Purely on the field he'd fill a need.

:spergin:: Well they weren't loving before he hit her so it isn't domestic violence so it wasn't that bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

There is another black, Oklahoma runningback sitting at that table, and if he didn't report hearing anyone drop that word then I have a really hard time accepting Mixon's description of the event.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

What's a hard r

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

What's a hard r

Like at the end of a racial slur that sometimes does not have the r pronounced.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ehud posted:

What's a hard r

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTZ6grn5IWY&t=40s

edit, dammit embedded. 40 seconds in.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

Like at the end of a racial slur that sometimes does not have the r pronounced.

oh I get it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I hate these conversations more than most conversations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

What's a hard r

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjVkY_NNRAM

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doltos posted:

I hate these conversations more than most conversations.

It's unfair you can't say it, we know we know

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Actually he does say it. He just makes sure to pull his black friends aside and ask them if he can call them "my nigga" in a very respectful way before doing so

I still get a chuckle out of that

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Intruder posted:

Actually he does say it. He just makes sure to pull his black friends aside and ask them if he can call them "my nigga" in a very respectful way before doing so

I still get a chuckle out of that

Every person has had this conversation, this very special conversation with your friends.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I ain't even talking about the hard R. TFF's ability to make me actively cheer for a woman beater out of spite continues to amaze me, but here we are

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Doltos posted:

I ain't even talking about the hard R. TFF's ability to make me actively cheer for a woman beater out of spite continues to amaze me, but here we are

I am happy if he shows contrition and never hits a woman again and goes on to have a good career :shrug:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

fsif posted:

Every person has had this conversation, this very special conversation with your friends.

The guys on my high school basketball team blessed me with the right to say it.

I'm not that stupid though.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ehud posted:

I am happy if he shows contrition and never hits a woman again and goes on to have a good career :shrug:

Show contrition.

Yeah apologies are completely meaningless and stupid as gently caress.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Well the 49ers have just signed Brian Hoyer so you know they're drafting Trubisky and starting him by week 6.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Doltos posted:

Show contrition.

Yeah apologies are completely meaningless and stupid as gently caress.

I say this as someone who wants Ray Rice to get another chance in this league: I find it suspicious that Mixon only apologized and took responsibility after the video came out. I think people can change and deserve second chances, even Tyreek Hill. I just question whether or not Mixon actually learned.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mixon is going to go in the first. The NFL doesn't care at all about domestic violence.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Bigass Moth posted:

Well the 49ers have just signed Brian Hoyer so you know they're drafting Trubisky Kizer and starting him by week 6.

You just know they're drafting Kizer because of Jed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Mixon is going to go in the first. The NFL doesn't care at all about domestic violence.

I'd be fairly surprised if he went in the first, although that talk from a few weeks ago about him possibly not being drafted was always obviously bullshit. I'd imagine he might be a late second or third rounder unless he just bombs his interviews.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

No Butt Stuff posted:

This wasn't domestic violence, it was just good old "punching a random woman in the face".

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Doltos posted:

Cheering for a woman beater out of spite is probably one of the dumbest reasons to cheer for a woman beater.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think removing all loyalty to a team because they drafted Tyreek Hill is a really, really dumb thing to do.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Chichevache posted:

I say this as someone who wants Ray Rice to get another chance in this league: I find it suspicious that Mixon only apologized and took responsibility after the video came out. I think people can change and deserve second chances, even Tyreek Hill. I just question whether or not Mixon actually learned.

There was ongoing litigation. Anything he said could be used as an admission against him in the lawsuit. Every time it was brought up he basically just said my lawyers said I can't talk about that.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

There was ongoing litigation. Anything he said could be used as an admission against him in the lawsuit. Every time it was brought up he basically just said my lawyers said I can't talk about that.

Maybe I am just being obtuse, but that sounds like an attempt to duck responsibility to me. Be a man, take your lumps.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Chichevache posted:

Maybe I am just being obtuse, but that sounds like an attempt to duck responsibility to me. Be a man, take your lumps.

You are being obtuse.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

TBeats posted:

Cheering for a woman beater out of spite is probably one of the dumbest reasons to cheer for a woman beater.

See this is why!!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Mixon isn't a first round talent. He's big and shifty but he's got fumbleitis and isn't a bruiser. Perine was their guy for short yardage stuff. He was Oklahoma's shotgun back and showed pretty crumby blocking too. I'd see him easily going in the top 100 though. The only thing I remember being surefire blacklisted in the NFL is sister loving with that OT a few years back.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Sounds like Knile Davis...big, shifty, fast, fumbler, not a hard runner

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--he's better than Knile was coming out of college

Doltos posted:

Mixon isn't a first round talent. He's big and shifty but he's got fumbleitis and isn't a bruiser.

I disagree with this. Well I agree he isn't a bruiser but I think he does enough and is good enough out of the backfield as a receiver to be really attractive to NFL teams. If the whole thing with the girl never happened I think he'd be a pretty good bet to go later in the first.

It's also not like he was sharing carries with some nobody, Perine was a preeeeety goddamned good college back.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Grittybeard posted:

I disagree with this. Well I agree he isn't a bruiser but I think he does enough and is good enough out of the backfield as a receiver to be really attractive to NFL teams. If the whole thing with the girl never happened I think he'd be a pretty good bet to go later in the first.

It's also not like he was sharing carries with some nobody, Perine was a preeeeety goddamned good college back.

He's definitely a bruiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TBeats posted:

He's definitely a bruiser.

Touche.

• Locked thread