Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Thank you Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yes but runs deep routes with inconsistent hands is a plentiful resource. I would expect you could grab Torrey Smith for 4 million at this point.

This is an odd characterization of Stills. Stills produced in NOLA and MIA, and frankly he's freaking 24 years old.

Smith isn't coming to Miami for 4/yr and putting up Stills' numbers.

God I hope we can keep him.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Brian Hoyer and Pierre Garcon...Dream Team baby

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Holy poo poo. Is he 24?

I could of sworn he's been in the league at least 6 years.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't think this is going to happen but if the Jets actually do re sign Geno Smith and start him this season I think I will not watch my first Jet games in 25 years.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Lol at the 49ers and Hoyer

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
What does Brian Hoyer going to SF mean for the whole Cousins thing? I don't want this Redskins clusterfuck to end :(

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

So uh, does that mean Cousins is staying in Washington? Hoyer supposedly withdrew his name from consideration for the Bills once the Taylor news was announced.

Not necessarily. Gabbert is a free agent this year so they have no qbs right now. Could be a back up role?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

pizza valentine posted:

Not necessarily. Gabbert is a free agent this year so they have no qbs right now. Could be a back up role?

Right, I was suggesting that Hoyer doesn't want to be a backup.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Rapsheet thinks that the signing of Hoyer means they won't trade for Cousins.

Uh....why?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
There's no way Hoyer is signing to be a backup on a terrible team when there are a handful of teams he could likely land a starting job for

He would at the very least spend some time looking at his options

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What does Brian Hoyer going to SF mean for the whole Cousins thing? I don't want this Redskins clusterfuck to end :(

Better backup than Blaine Gabbert is all really, and better starter if they're forced to go that way. I doubt this would prevent the 49ers from making that trade if they could.

fsif posted:

Yeah it's not what he wants, but gently caress him. He's Brian Hoyer.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/839568142154272772

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hoyer needs weapons!

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

fsif posted:

Oh right misread that. Other reports are it's just a stopgap until they can pick up Cousins next year and keep their picks.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

49ers collecting No 3 WRs.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

No Butt Stuff posted:

Rapsheet thinks that the signing of Hoyer means they won't trade for Cousins.

Uh....why?

Teams are allowed only one qb on the roster it's a weird quirk of the cba but here we are.

That or it's just a stop gap to 2018 and Cousins is just gonna play out his tag and bolt.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If there's one thing you want to surround Brian "not a strong arm or good deep ball but accurate on mid range passes" Hoyer with it's burners

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Buffalo going with the all FB offense.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/839568843613798400

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

Hoyer needs weapons!

http://i.imgur.com/sFTRvV3.mp4

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Earlier people were saying that Hoyer wanted assurances that he would start. Seems like the Cousins thing might be in trouble if that's the case.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Earlier people were saying that Hoyer wanted assurances that he would start. Seems like the Cousins thing might be in trouble if that's the case.

Did any reputable sources report the Cousins thing or was it all random dudes on Twitter?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Did any reputable sources report the Cousins thing or was it all random dudes on Twitter?
I think Mike Silver said if he was betting that he'd bet on Cousins to the Niners. Nothing 100%.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/839570066060546066

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

DiMarco owns as a run blocker and this ground game could be real good again next year.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Diva Cupcake posted:

Hard to imagine what Hoyer wants having much of an impact on anything.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Imagine paying Matt Schaub 4.5 per in 2017

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/839570616034463751

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

I think Mike Silver said if he was betting that he'd bet on Cousins to the Niners. Nothing 100%.

I think that he also had the caveat eventually, meaning that even next year would count.

Pretty broad.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

sean10mm posted:

Hard to imagine what Hoyer wants having much of an impact on anything.
Since he's the FA and gets to choose where he works, if kinda does. Maybe is doesn't really matter as long as the money is good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

gently caress YES CONSTANT CONSONANT

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I need some Titans news dang it. The team released DT Al Woods today, maybe making a move for Poe? I'd be okay with that. Nothing concrete, just vague interest in Logan Ryan, Bouye and that report about the Brandin Cooks trade. I need a fix!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/839574046052335616

way too much

Hopefully the guaranteed isn't high

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Gonna try to lure Megatron out of retirement by running his old college offense in the NFL, flexbone all day

....they're actually really well set up to run a flexbone, all things considered

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/839574046052335616

way too much

Hopefully the guaranteed isn't high

Argh. Would be funny if he gets more than Kenny

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Just look at yourself San Fran.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bills and Bears are both interested in Brandon LaFell, who was apparently on the Bengals?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Alshon is gonna leave and Kevin White's legs are permanently broken. I get to watch Mike Glennon throw the ball to Brandon Lafell and Cameron Meredith next year.

Fun stuff.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

Bills and Bears are both interested in Brandon LaFell, who was apparently on the Bengals?

Pats fans used to defend him saying he was nearly a thousand yard receiver if you counted the post season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Is it possible that the Hoyer to SF is a smokescreen by SF to force Washingtons hand on Cousins? 🤔

• Locked thread