Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jerusalem posted:

Also when Nate Grey (whose biological mother was Jean) came to the proper Marvel Universe he met Madelyne Pryor and I think they had a brief relationship? Which is... yeah, there's that too.

I wasn't aware Robert Heinlein wrote for Marvel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
This may be cheating since it's webcomics, but I laughed. From the Fanrt thread:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Also when Nate Grey (whose biological mother was Jean) came to the proper Marvel Universe he met Madelyne Pryor and I think they had a brief relationship? Which is... yeah, there's that too.

Yeah it was weird as gently caress.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

hey girl you up posted:

"Oooh! My new phone is already ringing! I can do that thing I saw on the internet!" is some seriously bad expositionary dialogue that really takes away from the pretty good joke after it.

No, that's just the way she talks. She's a Russian girl who was trained as an assassin and has little exposure to the outside world and she is unrelentingly positive and cheery about everything. Her dialogue and the way she talks about things is a part of what makes the comic work.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kwyndig posted:

There needs to be an "All You Zombies" graphic novel starring Cable.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

X-O posted:

No, that's just the way she talks. She's a Russian girl who was trained as an assassin and has little exposure to the outside world and she is unrelentingly positive and cheery about everything. Her dialogue and the way she talks about things is a part of what makes the comic work.

Though it's the 'too cool for school' duckface as she answer the phone that sells that particular gag.

EvilJay
Jul 25, 2005

Kwyndig posted:

We already have Claremont. Don't push it...

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

CzarChasm posted:

This may be cheating since it's webcomics, but I laughed. From the Fanrt thread:

-... -.-- .--. .-. --- .... .. .- ...

(this is very Spy Vs. Spy,)

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Phy posted:

Brandgoon all going "Jesus!" like he's Hank Azaria and Al Pacino just brought up GREAT rear end

I know these are words in the English language...

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Gaz-L posted:

Though it's the 'too cool for school' duckface as she answer the phone that sells that particular gag.

Imagining a Russian accent is also raising it a couple notches in my estimation.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Everything's better when you add a Russian accent.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

haitfais posted:

Everything's better when you add the accent Americans imagine Russians having.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

You mean all Russians don't talk like Colossus?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Moose and Squirrel.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Choco1980 posted:

I know these are words in the English language...

It's from Heat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9hFRw5jeRQ

Apparently Pacino had read the line normally during several takes and then on the one they used for the movie he does it like that, and Azaria's reaction was genuine fear and confusion and not acting.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

John Dyne posted:

It's from Heat.

Apparently Pacino had read the line normally during several takes and then on the one they used for the movie he does it like that, and Azaria's reaction was genuine fear and confusion and not acting.

That clip omits the "Jesus!", though. You can see it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7m_QaXkryY

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

John Dyne posted:

It's from Heat.

Pacino also played the character as a cocaine addict and they shot a bunch of scenes of him doing drugs, but Mann ended up leaving them all on the floor because the film was too long. It explains why the guy is so loving manic.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Relatively serious Squirrel Girl this month (#18), but I loved these background gags.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Beer Itself would have been so much better than what we got.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I could really go for a Beer Itself with my Maximum Carnitas

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Relatively serious Squirrel Girl this month (#18), but I loved these background gags.

I like that it's Hulking whispering into Wiccan's ear.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

An event that features Earth's Mightiest Drinkers as the main heroes would be a pretty good intersection of various teams. You've got an X-Man (Wolverine), a Fantastic Four member (Thing), an Asgardian (do I have to say?), an Olympian (ditto), and... anyone else? Any beer aficionados from the Inhumans, or cosmic crowd, or magic clique? Any women characters who appreciate kicking back with a cold one? Captain Marvel maybe, or She-Hulk?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I feel like you could fabricate an Immortal Weapon who pulls the Drunken Master shtick without much trouble.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Steve can hold his liquor. Maybe not Thor level but he can definitely keep up with Wolverine.

Also this guy, he's Inhuman I think.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's about time Volstagg made a main team.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I have little doubt that Fat Cobra enjoys a nice brew.

And Scarlet Witch has been hanging out in the magic bar in Dr. Strange lately.

EDIT: Horse guy's an alien, not an Inhuman.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Endless Mike posted:

EDIT: Horse guy's an alien, not an Inhuman.

I think he's one of the Universal Inhumans. He can be two things!

Old Man Logan is having a hard time finding help with his latest scheme (#19).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You guys are reminding me of that alcoholic dwarf from Fraction's Iron Man run. :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I think he's one of the Universal Inhumans. He can be two things!

Old Man Logan is having a hard time finding help with his latest scheme (#19).

This can't be real. No way Beast passes up an opportunity to gently caress things up even more.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Hm, I think Pete's head has been punched in a little too much over the years.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lurdiak posted:

You guys are reminding me of that alcoholic dwarf from Fraction's Iron Man run. :(

Aw, hell. That was a real bummer. :(

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Lurdiak posted:

I'd totally forgotten about that. I seem to recall it was a pretty good issue though. I thought the Fraction run handled the alcoholism issue pretty well.

Also I would read about an annual booze-off between Wolverine, Thor, Thing, and Hercules, except I'm pretty sure Herc is sober now, and Wolverine and Thor are different people who seem less inclined to drink to excess even though they totally could, so the whole issue is Thing getting progressively more sloshed and disorderly.

e: gently caress, forgot this was Funny Panels and I'm at work. Someone hit me with Jetpack Sabretooth or something. Or last night I read the latest Dr Strange, Thor makes a good crack about brain surgery and hitting people with a hammer, anyone got that?

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Mar 8, 2017

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Cosmic Level Alcohol from Asgard/Olympus/etc. is probably the only way Wolverine can get well and truly drunk anyhow.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I always wanted to see a limited series or small event based around the participants in Ben Grimm's semi-regular poker game.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

From today's issue of Nova.
I will always love Sam's little imagination panels.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wanderer posted:

I always wanted to see a limited series or small event based around the participants in Ben Grimm's semi-regular poker game.

These aren't big events but apparently the games have been interrupted:

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/floatingshpg.htm

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Alacron posted:

Cosmic Level Alcohol from Asgard/Olympus/etc. is probably the only way Wolverine can get well and truly drunk anyhow.

Thor Annual 2015

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

joehonkie posted:

Thor Annual 2015

According to Norse mythology, Thor (a) could not tell the difference between beer and ocean water, and (b) could still drink enough ocean water to change sea levels noticeably.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lobok posted:

Hm, I think Pete's head has been punched in a little too much over the years.

Are we sure this isn't Newspaper Peter Parker?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Someone needs to talk to Mephisto about his drinking problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I kinda want a Galactus tumbler now