Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Philip Rivers posted:

I was counting Fortify Res from Azura which gives *blade spells +4 attack.

Oh word. I still think if you're running Azura you should stick with Julia. If you're not buffing Nino to her full potential you'll probably miss some OHKOs.

Lucina/Azura/Julia/Takumi is a really solid team with good coverage; you'll be able to handle most teams except maybe multiple takumis. If you're trying for a high ranking you'll probably need characters with higher stat totals though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Philip Rivers posted:

How well do Nino and Azura work together compared to Nino and Olivia? Will I miss that +4 attack in terms of important ORKOs?

Nino works better with Olivia since that +4 attack is actually +8 damage, and +res isn't important for Nino since she's a OHKO type of pro. That being said, if you can get a +atk from somewhere else, this is irrelevant since Azura is better than Olivia otherwise. Sharena has +def AND +atk which lets Nino snipe nerds that hit back like Hector or Takumi a bit better. Personally, I find that bringing Matthew has upped my Nino game-- he gives +spd, and can inflict -4Def/Res on dudes he hits (+7 poison damage) which lets Nino finish off particularly tough dudes a bit better than normal.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

fairlight posted:

Oh word. I still think if you're running Azura you should stick with Julia. If you're not buffing Nino to her full potential you'll probably miss some OHKOs.

Lucina/Azura/Julia/Takumi is a really solid team with good coverage; you'll be able to handle most teams except maybe multiple takumis. If you're trying for a high ranking you'll probably need characters with higher stat totals though

I'm gonna test out Lyn/Azura for the sweet Galeforce procs but that's probably the most balanced team I can field, yeah. Do mages have a stat penalty the same as bows and daggers?

Also, unique weapons almost definitely just means Prf weapons, which right now would be: Falchion, Naga, Tyrfing, Mystletainn, Cymbeline, Binding Blade, Durandal, Sol Katti, Armads, Sieglinde and Siegmund, Raijinto, Fujin Yumi, Byrnhilder, and Yato (probably Dark Breath/+ too). Oh, and the ones Shareena/Alphonse/Anna get. Am I missing any?

jokes posted:

Nino works better with Olivia since that +4 attack is actually +8 damage, and +res isn't important for Nino since she's a OHKO type of pro. That being said, if you can get a +atk from somewhere else, this is irrelevant since Azura is better than Olivia otherwise. Sharena has +def AND +atk which lets Nino snipe nerds that hit back like Hector or Takumi a bit better. Personally, I find that bringing Matthew has upped my Nino game-- he gives +spd, and can inflict -4Def/Res on dudes he hits (+7 poison damage) which lets Nino finish off particularly tough dudes a bit better than normal.

I can always just run Lucina too which I probably will anyway in any serious teams I'm fielding. I think neutral HP/Def Nino can tank a shot from +Atk Takumi though? So Def buffs aren't so important in that matchup.

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 8, 2017

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Actually yeah, Lyn is probably better than Lucina because you have Julia to kill dragons, but check if Julia can OHKO young Tiki. Galeforce is sick if you can get it to proc but it's so slow to build.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

What's the effective against bonus in this game, anyway? I wanna say Julia doesn't one shot Young Tiki but I'm not sure.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Weapon Triangle is 20% while Effective Against is 50%

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Then +Atk Julia can one shot -HP/Res Young Tiki but not in any other case sans buffs. I'm a dummy and forgot to check my Julia's IVs so I'll get back to you on that one.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

That's why God invented crystals? I took a 3* F Robin to lvl 20 4* through shard things. I felt.. gipped. Partly because of that cost, and partly because F robin is terrible.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

In case you missed it, they added extra orb payouts of 15 and 20 for 8b/10b total votes. Lucina already has almost 4b on her own so they might up that target another time, but looks like everyone is gonna get a free 5 pull either way! :toot:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Rascyc posted:

You should still get the top 10k rank if you aim for 470'ish.

Yeah it's broken and dumb. We are just minnows trying to survive in a whale's game.

Pretty much. I'm not thinking they're exactly wringing their hands over game balance in a pay-to-win phone game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
With a score of 3.759 billion for Lucina and 1.402 billion for Sharena we are already above the 5 billion mark.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Sophia and Julia looks way too similar

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Philip Rivers posted:

Then +Atk Julia can one shot -HP/Res Young Tiki but not in any other case sans buffs. I'm a dummy and forgot to check my Julia's IVs so I'll get back to you on that one.

Tiki is pretty common so it's good to have a plan. Azura can probably counter her, either with sapphire lance or by giving Julia another attack.

I wish my Lucina wasn't -spd +res. At least defiant speed mitigates that a bit.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

With a score of 3.759 billion for Lucina and 1.402 billion for Sharena we are already above the 5 billion mark.

2.35 billion total votes in the Leo vs Ephraim bracket. So we're certainly at 8 billion overall. Probably already have the 10 honestly.

Philip Rivers posted:

Julia has like 35 res, so it's not like she can't take a hit from Tiki if she needs to.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Philip Rivers posted:

I don't think this is actually the case. +atk julia has 52 atk, -hp or res tiki has 67 hp+res. Triangle disadvantage brings julia down to 52*0.8=41.6, truncated to 41, then effectiveness brings it to 41*1.5=61.5 damage, truncated to 61. Tiki survives with single digit hp.

This matches my personal experience with +atk Julia, where she does a lot of damage but misses the OHKO.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Roger Explosion posted:

This is the most insufferable game mode. That's 10 games in a row with unwinable teams. This is more frustrating than fun and not really worth the feathers.

Roger Explosion posted:

Oh boy, I love versing 6 arena teams in a row with some combination of 40+10 Julias/Lucinas/Hectors and Azuras. These game is being a right loving oval office of late by consistently putting me in unwinable situations.

consider the following two scenarios:
a) the matchmaking algorithms in this game have gone haywire in the past few days in such a way that you and you alone are being given matches that are mathematically unwinnable
b) you're on tilt

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
After getting stomped by him so many times, I really want a Ryoma.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Nuebot posted:

After getting stomped by him so many times, I really want a Ryoma.

Ryoma's really one of those heroes that is more effective on defense than on offense. He's got high damage and speed but his unique selling point is that he has distant counter from his weapon, which means that some teams just straight up can't really handle him.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I have a pickle. I only need one Olivia, but I have three presently.

One is +HP/-Atk. One is +Def or +Res I forget which, but is definitely also -Atk. The third is +Atk/-Res, but is 3* to the other two's 4*.

I'm not sure what to do, since the second Olivia is also level 35-ish.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Clarste posted:

I don't think it would kill her viability. If you're even thinking about promoting her, you must have some sort of buff synergy in place, right? So she's getting like +8 Atk at least, and the differences become less meaningful. On the other hand, having +Spd and being able to double people you couldn't double before is amazing. For example, with +Spd and a Spd buff, Nino can ORKO Lucina, which is pretty cool.

That said, I have +Atk Nino and am kind of wishing she were +Spd instead, so maybe I'm not looking at this clearly.

I have Eirika, the combo of her and Tharja has been doing a lot of work for me even with the latter at 4* so I might just go all-in on the buff team. It would be better if I had Azura, but I could theoretically use my next set of feathers on Sharena a third buff and more weapon triangle coverage and stick with Lucina until then. Unless I were to pull another buffing unit in the meantime, of course.

I also just pulled Oboro, who looks to maybe be a viable piece in a buff team thanks to Rally Defense? Not quite as useful as Fortify since she can't take her own turn, but I'll have to experiment with it some.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Christ trying to run a perfect Arena with F-Robin is like loving pulling teeth. She can't kill anything because her attack and speed are such garbage.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I guess they didn't anticipate everyone blowing their entire flag supply in the first two days,

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't think this is actually the case. +atk julia has 52 atk, -hp or res tiki has 67 hp+res. Triangle disadvantage brings julia down to 52*0.8=41.6, truncated to 41, then effectiveness brings it to 41*1.5=61.5 damage, truncated to 61. Tiki survives with single digit hp.

This matches my personal experience with +atk Julia, where she does a lot of damage but misses the OHKO.

I assumed the formula was additive the way gem weapons work, am I mistaken?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

sassassin posted:

I guess they didn't anticipate everyone blowing their entire flag supply in the first two days,

Hey, at least this means that for people like me who didn't use all of them (I still have 500) it will be all the easier to get good personal rank in the next rounds!

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Stephen9001 posted:

Hey, at least this means that for people like me who didn't use all of them (I still have 500) it will be all the easier to get good personal rank in the next rounds!

I'm saving mine for the finals.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

I assumed the formula was additive the way gem weapons work, am I mistaken?

It's multiplicative. It doesn't matter because none of the manaketes can actually deal much damage to Julia through her 37 defensive resistance.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

akulanization posted:

It's multiplicative. It doesn't matter because none of the manaketes can actually deal much damage to Julia through her 37 defensive resistance.

Young Tiki 2 shots Julia but doesn't have Ranged Counter so it's not a huge deal unless you're positioning is bad.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Unlike everything else, weapon disadvantages are ceilinged, not floored :eng101:

This is probably because all multiplications get truncated, but disadvantages are calculated as
code:
ATK - ATK*0.2
instead of
code:
ATK*0.8
In any event, YTiki still survives.

hit button fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 9, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

akulanization posted:

Ryoma's really one of those heroes that is more effective on defense than on offense. He's got high damage and speed but his unique selling point is that he has distant counter from his weapon, which means that some teams just straight up can't really handle him.
Yeah but he's still really good on offense. Mine usually kills two-three on his own. It's really just a matter of who attacks who first and how much red hate is fielded. Typically it's a bait and slay whoever he baited. Then his defiance activates and he can usually kill a mirror matchup at this point or finish off something strong depending on how his HP ended on the bait. Can eat all greens ofc.

A problem I always forget about though is Tharja. You don't really want to try baiting a Tharja with Ryoma since he won't double her on the counter attack and it just sets up some bad stuff. If more speedy red mages get added to the game then he's gonna have a problem.

But yeah all my teams revolve around my Ryoma. He was my reroll 5* and he's been worth it.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 9, 2017

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Ryoma falls into all the issues that other swordlords have, namely that a good lance user can disintergrate him cause his defense is paper, but distant counter is still really good to have against mages I suppose.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

akulanization posted:

2.35 billion total votes in the Leo vs Ephraim bracket. So we're certainly at 8 billion overall. Probably already have the 10 honestly.

Eirika vs. Elise is currently at 1.47 billion to 549 million, so that's another 2 billion there.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Ryoma is a big buff lobsterman. Lucina, Lyn, and Ryoma are all xtreemely strong and good. Marth is also fantastic but in a different way.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Christ trying to run a perfect Arena with F-Robin is like loving pulling teeth. She can't kill anything because her attack and speed are such garbage.

Yeah, I tried her in the tower and she's so bad. Like, male Robin, he's got pretty meh stats, but he's got a niche. What he hunts, he kills, and he's got a nice handful of regular targets.

She targets... blue mounted mages. And I've seen her doing 0 damage to ones around her level, so she's not even good at the one thing she's supposed to be good at. Shameful.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Oh don't get me wrong, sword lords are pretty good units, and Lucina is a powerful waifu, it's just that I run an Abel with lucina and he eats those guys for breakfast.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

AweStriker posted:

I have a pickle. I only need one Olivia, but I have three presently.

One is +HP/-Atk. One is +Def or +Res I forget which, but is definitely also -Atk. The third is +Atk/-Res, but is 3* to the other two's 4*.

I'm not sure what to do, since the second Olivia is also level 35-ish.

Definitely use a 4-star one, that's +7 overall stats and 2k more feathers saved to your next 5-star. If you merge the other one, it's also 2k saved towards a potential 5-star Olivia. -Atk isn't that bad for Olivia, she's not really used as an attacker. -Spd is much worse. You should already have another red attacker, especially since the current princess banner gives you ~9% of getting 5-star if you pick only reds and use the optimal pulling method. I'd use the +HP one, or just settle for the higher-level 4* if you can't be assed to re-level her.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

are there multiple tiers for the voting battle quests? i can't reliably clear 8th stratum yet (lol) so i hope im not missing out

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It's level agnostic and how you spend your flags is how you are ranked. Go nuts.

Oh I misread your question, nevermind.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
There's only one tier as far as I know.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

GLAAD trash bags posted:

Oh don't get me wrong, sword lords are pretty good units, and Lucina is a powerful waifu, it's just that I run an Abel with lucina and he eats those guys for breakfast.

Oh yeah, Abel's existence is farting on sword lords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Clarste posted:

Is anyone here on Team Chrom and able to report on exactly how that match-up is going?

Chrom is currently winning 1.2B to 300M.