Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Rhyno posted:

Yeah the physical suit looks so much better but is a bit clunky.

Savitar is Eddie.
The design in general is pretty clunky, but it feels more menacing than the transformers cgi poo poo they did before.

Also yeah all bets on Eddie as well, the person they're dealing with clearly loving knows everyone and has a connection to them. Either it's gonna be Eddie or Future Barry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Preview spoilers: Eddie and Ronnie are coming back next episode, when Barry journeys into the Speed Force to rescue Wally, so Eddie is at least around to make a play for it if they go that route.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The final answer to the Flash v Supergirl race: push one of Barry's family off a tall building. Supergirl will get there just in time, Flash will get there just too late.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sir Potato posted:

Man, Barry's a diiiiiiick.

He had the smuggest loving look on his face when Wally called him out on his hypocrisy too.

Barry's such a dick.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Mooseontheloose posted:

Btw, they have done a much better job of having Savitar being a bad guy than Zoom last season. Like, being a Meta-Tempter is a cool concept.

Zoom was pretty cool until we found out who he was

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

nooneofconsequence posted:

Savitar is 10 steps ahead of Barry
Prometheus is 10 steps ahead of Arrow

why are the heroes so far behind!

Because the villains are both Jigsaw.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
I'm not sold on Wally being Savitar. Savitar says "I am the future Flash" like three times this episode. He also says that he and flash are destined to be enemies because only one of them can live.

Savitar is future Barry and the show is finally acknowledging what we have known all along, Barry is the true villain. He is probably Barry from some timeline where Iris gets killed and he turns evil and is working to ensure that happens again.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
No he was saying "I am the future, Flash." Commas matter people! :colbert:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

lotus circle posted:

We don't know that, yet.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Commas do matter, but that sentence certainly didn't have one. It was a lot closer to IamthefutureFlash. Which is a pretty clear sign that he's Barry, along with his in-depth knowledge of everyone's past and present. Other parts of the episode imply that he's Wally, but Wally wouldn't know people's past drama, just their present.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I wanna know how the Savatar Acolytes knew Flash was engaged.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Tree Dude posted:

I wanna know how the Savatar Acolytes knew Flash was engaged.

Savitar is a real gossip at work.

Savitar being Future Barry would be interesting, but it seems kinda early in a show's run to be doing that. That seems like the kind of thing you'd want to save till the final season or something, I mean how do you top that?

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

The Lord Bude posted:

Savitar is a real gossip at work.

Savitar being Future Barry would be interesting, but it seems kinda early in a show's run to be doing that. That seems like the kind of thing you'd want to save till the final season or something, I mean how do you top that?

Spoilers for next season. The big bad will be a guy who runs even faster

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

The Lord Bude posted:

I mean how do you top that?

Spinning really fast until you become a psychic super criminal?

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

THF13 posted:

Spoilers for next season. The big bad will be a guy who runs even faster

Faster than Barry Allen, Fastest Man Alive? Who is routinely outpaced or One-uped by every other person with speed, and some without speed.

The only person who hasn't been explicitly faster or better in some way, single-handedly defends their entire city/earth without several additional metas and a team of dedicated scientists.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Because the villains are both Jigsaw.

Only Savitar is Jigsaw. Prometheus is Worf.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I look forward to next season when Barry has to fight a RAZR keyboard.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

Aquasnake posted:

Faster than Barry Allen, Fastest Man Alive? Who is routinely outpaced or One-uped by every other person with speed, and some without speed.

The only person who hasn't been explicitly faster or better in some way, single-handedly defends their entire city/earth without several additional metas and a team of dedicated scientists.

You're right, Ollie is pretty great.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I can't believe Savitar is Adrian Chase.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Wally stuck in the speed force?

Savitar mentioned being stuck in the speed force.

Future Wally is Savitar. Calling it now

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Probably Dante.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

aBagorn posted:

Wally stuck in the speed force?

Savitar mentioned being stuck in the speed force.

Future Wally is Savitar. Calling it now

People mentioned this pages ago.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Savitar just escaped, Wally is trapped in the speedforce. Musical episode in two weeks, brace for tonal shift impact in 3...2...1...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think Savitar is future Julian. He's a character who is intimately familiar with the group, has reasons to dislike Barry, isn't a member of the main cast so he's disposable and when he was originally cast they said that Julian was an established character.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Savitar literally said he's Barry twice in this episode.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

lotus circle posted:

Who is Number One?
You are, Number Six.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

bbf2 posted:

Only Savitar is Jigsaw. Prometheus is Worf.

oh yeah right, my mistake. still.

also another episode where the biggest villain is group squabbling.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sir Potato posted:

From the last time we saw Savitar it seemed like he extraordinarily outclassed Barry in terms of speed and now Barry's able to throw haymakers without Savitar seeing that coming?
Well, he's in the real world now. Maybe he was only that fast because he was in the speed force?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Savitar is definitely the Barry Allen

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Look knowing our luck it's probably gonna be Jay again.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

They should have a season where Flash fights Ultraman since he loves going to earth ___. ultra man is superman so he'll be as close to as fast as flash but also be able to do other poo poo, and would make a much more compelling villain than blasting through all the speedsters they can get right away, at least in my most very humble opinion.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Barry's message from the Dominators event is what has sealed my opinion of Savitar being Barry.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

There's so many fuckin speedsters, you're not the fastest and you're not special Barry. For the love of god let him fight a different kind of meta next season, I'm sure Barry is dumb enough to get beat by a regular child so it doesn't matter.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
I'm still really enjoying this idea that inconsequential changes in the present will cause major events to not happen.

Like if I can make sure that Iris is wearing an engagement ring on the day she's supposed to get murdered, she simply won't get murdered because now the future is different. Dying while wearing the engagement ring can't happen.

I think I would have enjoyed the Savitar breakout more if the trick was that Barry loving with the present was destabilizing and weakening the timeline, allowing Savitar to escape.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This show would be better without Joe West's kids. Biological or adopted

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

This show would be better without Joe West's kids. Biological or adopted

Let's not say things we can't take back now. Iris not taking anyone's bullshit and knocking people the gently caress out is mana from heaven and you know it :colbert:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

Let's not say things we can't take back now. Iris not taking anyone's bullshit and knocking people the gently caress out is mana from heaven and you know it :colbert:

She spends way more time getting lied to than she spends being badass

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The less time Iris is on the show is the less time we get to see her wearing those killer dresses.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Is asking the father for permission to marry still a thing? Made Joe come of a bit creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

Dad, can I marry my adopted sister?

• Locked thread