Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

The death ray is ONLY to be used for peaceful purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Jet Jaguar posted:

I hope my death ray has not been the cause of all this... :ohdear:

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

brocked posted:

Danger! Twist tie!

The film time I saw this one, my ex and I spent about a month going 'Danger! [whatever we happened to see/have at hand at the moment]'. It's worth reviving if only to baffle my colleagues.

Speaking of Rifftrax, Mr Boods was sifting through them last week on Prime while I was reading a book, so it came as a wonderful surprise that Boy in the Plastic Bubble is currently on offer. I actually let out a small shriek of joy when he asked, 'Is this one ok? It's got John Travolta in it!'

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Ms Boods posted:

Speaking of Rifftrax, Mr Boods was sifting through them last week on Prime while I was reading a book, so it came as a wonderful surprise that Boy in the Plastic Bubble is currently on offer. I actually let out a small shriek of joy when he asked, 'Is this one ok? It's got John Travolta in it!'

A couple of years ago, Boy popped up on a movie channel. I've been working on transferring the Rifftrax audio to it since it's crystal clear as opposed to that recorded-on-SLP-mode version we got from Rifftrax. It's tricky since the newer version was broadcast at a slightly different speed than the riffed version.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Mister Kingdom posted:

A couple of years ago, Boy popped up on a movie channel. I've been working on transferring the Rifftrax audio to it since it's crystal clear as opposed to that recorded-on-SLP-mode version we got from Rifftrax. It's tricky since the newer version was broadcast at a slightly different speed than the riffed version.

The crap/dreamy picture quality (made even worse when played over a PAL tv system) added a bit to my nostalgia, as I remember when the film came out (in those heady days of sixth or seventh grade and Teenbeat and that) and a couple of my pals swooning over it.

We had to pause it at the Arby's riff as it caught Mr Boods off guard; sadly he's never seen Welcome Back, Kotter and had no idea that Travolta did anything prior to Pulp Fiction and Grease...(same issue comes up in Village of the Giants -- they all known Ron Howard as Richie Cunningham over here, but trying to explain all the Opie (and Music Man) references...

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Ms Boods posted:

Mr Boods ... had no idea that Travolta did anything prior to Pulp Fiction and Grease

There's like 15 years between those movies.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senior Woodchuck posted:

She MAY have meant Saturday Night Fever and Grease.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Look buddy not everyone owns the Look Who's Talking Critereon Collection, okay?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Crow's "Oh sur - huhhh :confused: " at the confusing narration in "Days of Our Years" is one of those really simple riffs that just catches you off guard and makes you laugh. I love this show.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Senior Woodchuck posted:

He knows Grease from being a pre-teen with a younger sister when it came out. Then he picks up again with Travolta's output with Pulp Fiction. I didn't quiz him further on his ignorance of the rest of Travolta's output in between because it could have led to a dark confession about Moment by Moment. There's some things you don't poke with a stick.

He did appreciate all of the Scientology riffs, however :tinfoil:

[He's not seen Saturday Night Fever -- I did ask about that. But then again, he's just not got the time to scroll up every classic cinema.]

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Jet Jaguar posted:

Meh whatever about the death ray, where can i get some of those cute light switches?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Paging Mr. Fart Bar..Bart Fargo

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I will never not find this funny: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQyALpoEnPU

Especially with this context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M013NSukf1w&t=1580s

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Danger!! Death Ray is a great episode.

My favorite part is when that Abraham Lincoln looking guy jumps out the window. Crow's, "olé!" is just perfect.

Someone made a gif out of that moment that I wish I had saved.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The bots screaming when a part falls off is funny every time.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtsitFbBC00

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I was surprised at how much of season 7 I had seen before but forgotten. I had not seen Laserblast, though, and while the riffing is really good, hoo boy would an extended 2001 homage have been a terrible way to end the show.

e: also holy poo poo at Corbett trying to get the hang of the puppeteering in that first episode!!

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Mar 12, 2017

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Crow had a stroke.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

If I remember right, Bill got the job on a Friday and they started shooting on Monday, so he didn't have a lot of time to practice.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
Am I the only person here who can't stand Alien from LA?

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Teenage Strangler is an odd movie. The kid playing Mikey is bizarre.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yipe Stripes is a catch song though.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

I like the freakshow parts but can't stand Kathy Ireland. Not just her voice but her character too.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's one of my favorites, tbh, if only because of how often the movie itself makes me laugh out loud without any riffing. It's definitely got a stronger beginning than an ending, though. It reminds me of the Super Mario Brothers Movie in a way, where the beginning is so absurd in its weird desire to both forcefully appeal to children and be a serious movie are charmingly at odds, and then it plunges itself into some weird, leather alternate universe and things get more and more awkward until you want it to end.

PrinceRandom posted:

I like the freakshow parts but can't stand Kathy Ireland. Not just her voice but her character too.

I'm sort of the other way around. Kathy Ireland's absurd character is both so ill-conceived and so loving earnest in its portrayal that it just cracks me up. The world-building is just Yet Another Atlantis with aesthetics from Escape 2000.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

PrinceRandom posted:

Crow making lightsaber sounds when Kathy turns on her flashlight always makes me laugh.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

Crow making lightsaber sounds when Kathy turns on her flashlight always makes me laugh.

I thought it was Servo, but I believe you that it's Crow. Either way, that one gets me too.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Bicyclops posted:

I thought it was Servo, but I believe you that it's Crow. Either way, that one gets me too.

Actually, it was her father, but it is Crow because you see his mouth move as he makes the noise.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
That part also kills me. Another scene that gets me is when Gus is fueling up his tipsy kart and a guy rides past, causing Crow to quip "Don't ride the Wild Mouse, it's not saaaaaaaaaaaafe!"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I know he just kind of keeps on doing it, but Mike saying "I'm Australian, you know," over and over again is also pretty good.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I thought Alien from LA was pretty fun. Just watched it for the first time a couple days ago. It's bad, but I would watch it without riffing.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
I think it just loses steam halfway through.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think it just loses steam halfway through.

Yeah, it does. A lot of the vague post-apocalyptic ones with some vaguely defined evil corporation trying to kill the heroes feel like they shrug and give up on their premise like 20 minutes in.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, it does. A lot of the vague post-apocalyptic ones with some vaguely defined evil corporation trying to kill the heroes feel like they shrug and give up on their premise like 20 minutes in.

If this were an entry in the dictionary, Warrior of the Lost World would be the picture next to it. Speaking of which, Tom Servo's full-cast roll call at the end is one of my favorite moments of the show.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's really weird watching Kevin Murphy's voice come out of Mike Nelson, made up to look like the character I associate with Bill Corbett. I'd forgotten that "When I Held Your Brain in My Arms" was lip-synced.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

MST3k Facebook posted:

20 Classic MST3K episodes are coming to Netflix tomorrow! These should tide you over until the new season debuts on the 14th :)

• Catalina Caper
• Eegah!
• Future War
• The Giant Gila Monster
• Hercules Against the Moon Men
• Horrors of Spider Island
• I Accuse My Parents
• Jack Frost
• Laserblast
• "Manos" The Hands of Fate
• Merlin’s Shop of Mystical Wonders
• Pod People
• Puma Man
• Santa Claus Conquers the Martians
• Sidehackers
• Space Mutiny
• Teenagers from Outer Space
• Time Chasers
• Werewolf
• Zombie Nightmare

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I don't think I've seen Hercules against the Moon Men. How have I skipped something with that title?

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
Werewolf is a fun one. I'm in the middle of watching Puma Man too. Am I wrong or is the implication at the beginning that the big buff guy was just randomly throwing people out of windows to their deaths until he finds the Puma Man?

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Coheed and Camembert posted:

Werewolf is a fun one. I'm in the middle of watching Puma Man too. Am I wrong or is the implication at the beginning that the big buff guy was just randomly throwing people out of windows to their deaths until he finds the Puma Man?

That's meant to be a red herring, and it's actually the villain's henchmen that were doing it to everyone else, and the big buff guy only threw out the hero because he KNEW he was the Pumaman.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Vadinjo is kind and strong and would only put the true Thepumaman at risk. :colbert:

Also, are those eps going up on Netflix everywhere s11 is going to be up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Got some time to kill and/or need a "to-watch" checklist of episodes before the new season? You should watch them all :ssh:

Paste Magazine posted:

We hope you're up for reading a 47,000 word ranking of every MST3k episode ever, because that's what this monster is. We've got movie sign!