Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Suqit posted:

Did I miss something?

Just cheating Barcelona lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol not just him either, half the team is just standing around being spectators

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
II don't understand this criticism about "they scored 6 goals but didn't play a great game"

Well excuse me but I've been following this team and watching almost every game for the last two decades, and like any other team there's day like this (well, not like this, closer thing would be Depor vs Milan or Utd vs Bayern) that everything clicks together for the team to make history, and a lot of other games where you put 11 Angels in the field, they dance with the ball giving us one hell of a performance and end up losing 0-1 and out of the competition

What most people fail to see is that this club has reinvented itself in the last decade, we were the ones that always cracked under pressure, the bottlers that lost to Benfica with 3 posts, the same team that missed 4 penalties in another final in the 80's or that saw a lot of leagues go to Madrid after failing to close them. 20 years ago if you made a poll asking what club would be the first to come back from a 4-0 in the first leg Real, Bayern, Milan, Juve or United would be the main options, just a couple of people would be dumb enough to say Barcelona. We were that team that a lot of times played like the angels and lost anyway, while Madrid could win any game with their 9 scoring with the butt and for a Culé like me this is not just a magical night for all the obviuous reasons, this is also our vindication to say "No sir, comebacks are not just a Real Madrid thing anymore, we're not only equal to those guys when our players have to put their guts to create a miracle, we're now even better!"

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Brony Car posted:

II don't understand this criticism about "they scored 6 goals but didn't play a great game"

Well excuse me but I've been following this team and watching almost every game for the last two decades, and like any other team there's day like this (well, not like this, closer thing would be Depor vs Milan or Utd vs Bayern) that everything clicks together for the team to make history, and a lot of other games where you put 11 Angels in the field, they dance with the ball giving us one hell of a performance and end up losing 0-1 and out of the competition

What most people fail to see is that this club has reinvented itself in the last decade, we were the ones that always cracked under pressure, the bottlers that lost to Benfica with 3 posts, the same team that missed 4 penalties in another final in the 80's or that saw a lot of leagues go to Madrid after failing to close them. 20 years ago if you made a poll asking what club would be the first to come back from a 4-0 in the first leg Real, Bayern, Milan, Juve or United would be the main options, just a couple of people would be dumb enough to say Barcelona. We were that team that a lot of times played like the angels and lost anyway, while Madrid could win any game with their 9 scoring with the butt and for a Culé like me this is not just a magical night for all the obviuous reasons, this is also our vindication to say "No sir, comebacks are not just a Real Madrid thing anymore, we're not only equal to those guys when our players have to put their guts to create a miracle, we're now even better!"

Source your quotes

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Suarez put his gut on the floor.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Suarez put his gut on the floor.

no that was mascherano in the world cup

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Decided not to bother putting this on because they were down 4 loving nil in the first leg fucks sake

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the own goal should have counted for 2 it was such clown car defending.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

"What a disgraceful team!" is a statement that applies to both teams on that farce of a match.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Kick Barca out of football.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm still lmaoing

e:

"Look at Barca today. Two fluky goals, at great times. Cavani hits the post, misses another sitter, as does Di Maria. Small margins (LUCK) means the winner writes the history. If Arsenal had Barcelona's luck, rather than PSG's, the story and attitude would be so different.

Again.

WE PLAYED LIKE MEN. WE RATTLED BAYERN. No excuses just that I am proud of how we tried to play."

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 9, 2017

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
at 60 minutes I thought "imagine being Luis Enrique and thinking 'what this game needs is Sergio Roberto' " and then he goes and scores the winner lmao

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Hey guys, did I miss anything good today?

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

shirts and skins posted:

Hey guys, did I miss anything good today?

Just another round of match fixing, nothing special.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

PSG's backup keeper's name is Areola lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

PSG's backup keeper's name is Areola lol

Their starting keeper is a tit too.

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
PSG is a loving joke.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Dunban posted:

I stopped watching in the 85th minute when it was 3-1, gently caress me

Lol :same:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Dunban posted:

I stopped watching in the 85th minute when it was 3-1, gently caress me

same lol

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Looking at that second penalty, defender isnt looking at the ball. throws his arm across Suarez throat...thats going to get given every time

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://twitter.com/MichaelNoone44/status/839611831069065216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Also lmao, between the 85th minute to full time PSG managed to play a total of four passes, three of which were made at kick-off after conceding.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Can’t tell if Arsenal or PSG were more embarrassing

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Can’t tell if Arsenal or PSG were more embarrassing

Arsenal were more embarrassing as they were never in the tie at all. PSG just fell asleep for 7 minutes at the end of a game they had won

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Isn’t it better to have never had it than to have it and lose it

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Isn’t it better to have never had it than to have it and lose it

Ask the fans?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

CyberPingu posted:

Arsenal were more embarrassing as they were never in the tie at all. PSG just fell asleep for 7 minutes at the end of a game they had won

You will find that PSG have slept from minute 1 to 95 in the second leg.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Amusingly, it was somewhat of a role reversal. PSG produced an Arsenal-esque bottle job in the 2nd leg, meanwhile Arsenal were simply brutally outclassed in both legs, like your typical French side or Douglas Bader.

PSG tossing that big a lead when all they had to do was effectively park a bus is definitely the worst of the two results. Arsenal's is just funny.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

(in very small voice) forza il coefficient

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Time to hang them by the neck.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
And to think people claim that soccer will never be widely accepted in the States

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Troy Queef posted:

(in very small voice) forza il coefficient

Does it even matter anymore now that the 4 top leagues all get 4 spots?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

General Probe posted:

Does it even matter anymore now that the 4 top leagues all get 4 spots?

Depends, are any of them likely to slip to 5th before the heat death of the universe?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Leicester look so much better since ranieri has been gone

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Woodenlung posted:

Time to hang them by the neck.

Wtf is this

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I don't get the white flags either.

It's so awesome that Monchi realized how good N'Zonzi actually is.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Leicester certainly looks capable of getting at least the one goal they need

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Cool and good

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Leicester certainly looks capable of getting at least the one goal they need