Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

In Big Sky action, #6 seed Montana State headed to triple OT against #11 seed Southern Utah in the last game of the night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Hopefully that's enough to kill off Syracuse for this year.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
All right, time for everyone, even you Cocks fans, to get behind Clemson.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
LMAO Grayson Allen is such a punk-rear end

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/TheWilderThings/status/839575100802404352

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

LMAO Grayson Allen is such a punk-rear end

I really wish some coach would have the balls to put in their walk-in player as a goon to just straight up punch Allen in the face.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao it looks like Air Force is up 23-0 on Wyoming. 12 minutes left in the 1st half.

Wow.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I hope every Mountain West game is this hopeless.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

FartingBedpost posted:

It's even funnier because I think Air Force is the worse of the two teams.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

pubic works project posted:

It's even funnier because I think Air Force is the worse of the two teams.

They really are. Wyoming has been much better than AF all year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The Mountain West is trash this year

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Benne posted:

The Mountain West is trash this year

Don't I know it. :(

I remember when 4 Mountain West schools would lose in the first round. Now we're down to 1.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Wake-VT is pretty wild and wide open in the early going. Should be a fun one.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

And in more "Good god the Mountain West is an embarrassing cesspool what happened" news: UNLV leads San Diego St 17-10 with 6:40 left in the first in the 6-11 seed game.

No lead is safe with how bad UNLV is, but SDSU might be the worst shooting team I've seen in awhile.

Edit: Holy poo poo 24-10 UNLV. SDSU really can't score. They can't even hit open baskets.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 9, 2017

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Penn State / Nebraska game is proof positive of why the waiting #5 seed MSU has a much worse situation than #6 Northwestern waiting for the OSU/Rutgers winner.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Does MSU have a problem with teams that can't score or something?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

FartingBedpost posted:

33-12 UNLV over SDSU

Edit: 32-14 halftime, guess that 3 was actually a long 2.

FartingBedpost fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Mar 9, 2017

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Bird in a Blender posted:

nah, just neither OSU nor Rutgers are at all interested in playing basketball anymore this season

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Lol that buzzer beater by Wake.

Most casual-rear end 70-foot heave you'll ever see.

https://twitter.com/SBNationGIF/status/839642313299275776

elentar fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 9, 2017

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Holy poo poo that's fantastic

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
GREG MCCLINTON OWNS

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Goddammit

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
How are we even in this game lol

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Bird in a Blender posted:

MSU is not good this year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

rutgers is a tough out lately, like they have one scorer and a bunch of dudes who just beat the poo poo out of everyone on the boards and I don't want a part of them tomorrow.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Regnevelc posted:

MSU is not good this year.

Yeah I was gonna say, we have a problem with teams of all shapes and sizes.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Wake really wearing down in this second half, VT relentless in taking advantage.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

just turned on a BTT game and heard "neither of these teams have scored in three minutes"

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

rutgers is a tough out lately, like they have one scorer and a bunch of dudes who just beat the poo poo out of everyone on the boards and I don't want a part of them tomorrow.

They played northwestern close but they're still pretty dang bad. They had a decent number of blowout losses later in the year, including getting absolutely carpet bombed by Iowa without Jok. OSU is really bad

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 9, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
How did you blow this, UNLV

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
It is insanity that some fans want Thad Matta fired, the announcers say as Ohio State loses to Rutgers.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

They played northwestern close but they're still pretty dang bad. They had a decent number of blowout losses later in the year, including getting absolute carpet bombed by Iowa without Jok. OSU is really bad

i mean, the whole big ten is terrible, i just mean that the way rutgers plays is no fun to watch, they just knock everyone around and have a gigantic, sweaty guy who looks like he should be playing in a single-strap unitard

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Bucknell's going to win the Patriot, they are exactly the sort of mid-major you don't want in the first round: well-balanced, with 3 players any of whom could get hot and carry the team.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really despise my school's fanbase.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I really despise my school's fanbase.

Wait do they want to fire Manning or something? Just send him down I-40 to Raleigh. Hell, we'll send a car.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/drewchallett/status/839665959149318144

Rest of you chumps should be ashamed of yourselves.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

MourningView posted:

They played northwestern close but they're still pretty dang bad. They had a decent number of blowout losses later in the year, including getting absolute carpet bombed by Iowa without Jok. OSU is really bad

And a lot of close games too, if they could hit any foul shots they'd have 7-8 conference wins.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i mean, the whole big ten is terrible, i just mean that the way rutgers plays is no fun to watch, they just knock everyone around and have a gigantic, sweaty guy who looks like he should be playing in a single-strap unitard

This is bullshit because conference power comes from the mean team, not looking at the top teams. (This is why Big Ten football sucks.) The Big Ten is not worse than last year, mainly because Rutgers is way, way better (and don't forget teams like NW, Minn, and Mich improving) even if a lot of last year's good teams fell off.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm like 75% sure we get off that list tomorrow

haven't played rutgers in football yet, but i'm not worried since Northwestern is clearly a Football School

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/drewchallett/status/839665959149318144

Rest of you chumps should be ashamed of yourselves.

The worst MSU football and basketball teams in 20 years are still infinitely better than Rutgers

• Locked thread