Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Kalli posted:

My immediate thought was they were just getting rid of anything Rex Ryan hosed on.

But they extended Tyrod...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Intruder posted:

Removing names from lockers and replacing them with numbers, no names on jerseys either, also no decal on helmet until you EARN it

We're gonna need a montage

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Joey Freshwater posted:

Meanwhile the MLB has no loving clue how to market it's players so generational talent like Mike Trout and Bryce Harper aren't household names. I have zero interest in NBA and never watch but I know who all the stars are.

MLB is weird in that locally it is super popular but nobody gives a poo poo about any other team. It's how they can get huge local cable deals that end up still being profitable.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

You're right.

McDermott seems like a difficult coach to be excited about having.

Let me tell you about

*checks Chargers wikipedia*

Anthony Lynn

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
York and Snyder in a piss baby race to the bottom

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/08/bad-blood-may-keep-washington-from-dealing-with-49ers/

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Jusyczyk got far more touches than your average FB but he was only really successful when uncovered out of the backfield. If you line him up like a TE and expect him to beat anyone in coverage you're going to be tremendously disappointed.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Atlanta's SB collapse has been surpassed.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

a neat cape posted:

Let me tell you about

Anthony Lynn

This is the first time since I've started posting in TFF that I haven't bothered remembering all the new coaches. :effort:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

Let me tell you about

Anthony Lynn

lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
lol wow

quote:

In a wide-ranging column detailing the Redskins' impending split with GM Scot McCloughan, the Washington Post explains the separation was caused by arguments over control and whether to sign Kirk Cousins long term, and the Redskins' lack of support for McCloughan.

We would recommend reading the piece below if you're any kind of an NFL fan. McCloughan felt disrespected the Redskins did not defend him when Chris Cooley spread a rumor McCloughan had relapsed into alcoholism. McCloughan also told people in 2016 he would have signed Cousins long term "if he had full control," which "angered" president Bruce Allen. McCloughan and the coaching staff clashed over McCloughan's preference of more-talented Rashad Ross over coaches-pet Ryan Grant. The Post reports McCloughan never stopped drinking, but "peers all agreed they didn't believe McCloughan's drinking ever hindered his job." Per the Post, the Redskins and McCloughan are now "working toward a buyout." Allen and coach Jay Gruden have won the power struggle.

this is pro read as gently caress

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.44411fcf5bdc

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Yeah I just came here to post that. Hilariously nuts.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

it's amazing that the alcoholic fired from two previous jobs for drinking who doesn't quit drinking comes across as the intelligent hard-working guy there

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
lol loving christ how much must it suck to have your team beat be covered by the WaPo

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

evilweasel posted:

it's amazing that the alcoholic fired from two previous jobs for drinking who doesn't quit drinking comes across as the intelligent hard-working guy there

I would love to have him back in Seattle. The dude knows his poo poo.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

lol loving christ how much must it suck to have your team beat be covered by the WaPo

this article is also fantastic but you have to read it on their website for it to really work: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.d0fdec079589

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

evilweasel posted:

this article is also fantastic but you have to read it on their website for it to really work: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.d0fdec079589

"Hey Scott, you can drink while you scout as long as you pour a little into the blood rituals we got going. You know, just trying to make this 4 TE set work."

-Bill Belichick

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

quote:

Allen also disapproved of McCloughan’s hands-on approach with players. At one point late in the year, a frustrated defensive back left practice with the session in progress and retreated to the locker room. McCloughan went to retrieve him, telling the player to come to his office so they could talk. Allen, according to two people, later reprimanded McCloughan, cursing at him and telling him never to go in the locker room again.

Ay caramba!

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Congratulations on going 4-12 in the 2017 season Washington

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I for one am shocked that the Washington Football Organization has such a toxic front office. :geno:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

if thats 2016 i guarantee thats norman

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

gently caress this stupid, bullshit, clownshoes organization. Bruce Allen is a worthless asshat who's better known for managing pants and picnics than running a football organization and he's done absolutely nothing of value for this team. He's the reason we got hit with a bullshit $36M salary cap hit, he's second only to Dan in enabling backstabbing politics, his cronyism is the reason we hired Joe Barry over Wade loving Philips, his most impactful statement is "Winning Off The Field," and now he's running off the only decent football mind in the building. gently caress Bruce Allen. gently caress Dan Snyder. gently caress the Redskins.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 9, 2017

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress this stupid, bullshit, clownshoes organization. Bruce Allen is a worthless asshat who's better known for managing pants and picnics than running a football organization and he's done absolutely nothing of value for this team. He's the reason we got hit with a bullshit $36M salary cap hit, he's second only to Dan in enabling backstabbing politics, his cronyism is the reason we hired Joe Barry over Wade loving Philips, his most impactful statement is "Winning Off The Field," and now he's running off the only decent football mind in the building. gently caress Bruce Allen. gently caress Dan Snyder. gently caress the Redskins.

It's nice watching a FO meltdown that isn't the Browns.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

quote:

When they do part with McCloughan, the Redskins are barred from hiring any currently employed NFL general manager because of the league’s tampering rules. That would leave them with limited short-term options. Among them: coaxing back A.J. Smith

Isn't he loving godawful? Good luck to them with that.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress Bruce Allen. gently caress Dan Snyder. gently caress the Redskins.

This loving forever.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I loving hate this team.

We were just starting to turn the corner.

gently caress!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I mostly agree but Allen isn't the reason for the cap penalty

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

pyromance posted:

Isn't he loving godawful? Good luck to them with that.

He's a good talent evaluator as long as his gambles on injury-prone players in college work out.

When it doesn't, well, you get all of the Chargers' drafts from 2007 to 2011. So, uh, sorry in advance if that happens.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Give me $43 million Chicago. I can probably be as productive as Mikr Glennon boys

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Dan Snyder hires shitheads to be in charge, more at 11.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Oh god, Mia and Miko? Please no.

https://twitter.com/miakhalifa/status/839851441334419457

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

et tu mia

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Blitz7x posted:

et tu mia

75% of Raiders fans are only in it for the cosplay.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Aw yeah.

https://twitter.com/gmfb/status/839845646899249153

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Blitz7x posted:

et tu mia

That's great and all but why should I care about Wiz Khalfia's sister?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I'm tired of this team and its incompetent ownership, I'm going to support the team owned by the Glazers instead

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

waah posted:

That's great and all but why should I care about Wiz Khalfia's sister?

Use your head.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TBeats posted:

Use your head.
No, the other one.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

TBeats posted:

Use your head.

Isnt that her job?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lol

https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/552900497762705409

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003