Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i love my switch and it loves me.

i play zelda on a 110 inch image projected on to wall and i sit 5 meters away from it with joycons on the grip and it looks and feels incredible.

every night of this week i have taken my switch to bed with me, i have laid body down, hands to my sides, each holding a joycon under the blankets. the switch is in tabletop mode on my bedside table, eye level, as i rest my head on my pillow and i play zelda until i drift off to sleep.

the switch is a next gen revolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Vikar Jerome posted:

each holding a joycon under the blankets

Nice fakepost

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a 10 foot HDMI cable on top of all the other accessories because I just had pro controller sync issues too. Nothing else has any trouble maintaining a connection while next to routers etc.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

koolkal posted:

Nice fakepost

i have no joycon desync issues because i do not live in an aquarium.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Vikar Jerome posted:

i love my switch and it loves me.

i play zelda on a 110 inch image projected on to wall and i sit 5 meters away from it with joycons on the grip and it looks and feels incredible.

every night of this week i have taken my switch to bed with me, i have laid body down, hands to my sides, each holding a joycon under the blankets. the switch is in tabletop mode on my bedside table, eye level, as i rest my head on my pillow and i play zelda until i drift off to sleep.

the switch is a next gen revolution.

Are you the guy from Her?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

gonna go grab my switch right now for some epic slow tower climbing

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Looks like I'm gonna have to buy a 10 foot HDMI cable on top of all the other accessories because I just had pro controller sync issues too. Nothing else has any trouble maintaining a connection while next to routers etc.

If mine were acting up at a I'd either bother support for a different pair of cons or solder a wire like that one guy did. I love this thing but the connection issues being off on for some people really needs to be addressed.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

TheScott2K posted:

Are you the guy from Her?

look, the switch just gets me. it understands my needs and i understand switches needs.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Amazon is shipping my switch in time for the day after the weekend hype estimate

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Was hanging out with some non-gamer friends and they've all seen the glitches/defects video so the issues are definitely going viral. Sucks, but the Switch is just too good for Nintendo, so I feel they'll address some of them at least

I mean, I'm optimistic, but mostly cause I like this console so much

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

This dude told me yesterday that the Switch is selling horribly because it straight up doesn't work and I was so flabbergasted that I used the word flabbergasted to describe my feelings.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Working Fine

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

LODGE NORTH posted:

This dude told me yesterday that the Switch is selling horribly because it straight up doesn't work and I was so flabbergasted that I used the word flabbergasted to describe my feelings.

That's crazy man.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LODGE NORTH posted:

And then Flabber the ghast showed up and now we're Beetleborgs. (Beetleborgs!)

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Spellman posted:

Was hanging out with some non-gamer friends and they've all seen the glitches/defects video so the issues are definitely going viral. Sucks, but the Switch is just too good for Nintendo, so I feel they'll address some of them at least

I mean, I'm optimistic, but mostly cause I like this console so much

Viral memes literally ruined the US election, we've passed the point where they need to even resemble the truth. Don't worry about sales, the switch will do just fine. People seriously downplay the mobile / multi-on-the-go aspects, and how much they will sell the system in person.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Drunk Tomato posted:

Viral memes literally ruined the US election, we've passed the point where they need to even resemble the truth. Don't worry about sales, the switch will do just fine. People seriously downplay the mobile / multi-on-the-go aspects, and how much they will sell the system in person.

Sad!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I moved my dock as high as I could reasonably put it without (a) blocking my TV and (b) opening it up to be hosed with by my cat. I don't have any Joy-Con issues now that it isn't beamforming through my thick wooden coffee table and its contents, and hadn't experienced any Pro controller issues beforehand. I hate Bluetooth and I hate wireless poo poo. Wifi is just OK like 15 years after the fact.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Drunk Tomato posted:

Money-having adults are going to be so impressed when they see other adults playing Snibberplips on their plastic phone thing they'll just have to have one.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

Money-having adults are going to be so impressed when they see other adults playing Snibberplips on their plastic phone thing they'll just have to have one.

Snibberplips wow lol

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Switch is my new weight loss plan. This week I've been having a protein shake and playing Switch for 45 minutes instead of going downstairs to the cafeteria, and after work going to the gym and playing Switch on the elliptical for an hour.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any chance the Neo Geo games come out tomorrow in the US? I would got them already from the EU store, but Playasia is still a week delay on getting digital cards.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

parallelodad posted:

The Switch is my new weight loss plan. This week I've been having a protein shake and playing Switch for 45 minutes instead of going downstairs to the cafeteria, and after work going to the gym and playing Switch on the elliptical for an hour.

milkin cow uds on the stairmaster

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

TheScott2K posted:

Excuse me it's called sniphernips

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I finally exited BoTW for the first time today. Not because I wanted to, but because it crashed. Still a million times more bug free than a Bethesda game though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Does Zelda or Snipperclips show off HD rumble at all?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Drunk Tomato posted:

Excuse me it's called sniphernips

Right. Snidderlips.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Still can't find one of these. The Switch being an internet myth continues to be real for me.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Rad Valtar posted:

Still can't find one of these. The Switch being an internet myth continues to be real for me.

Well according to Utnayan, you already have one and you hate it.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Switch owns, I switch way more than I ever thought I would. And it turns out I never am going to play handheld mode for more than 3.5 hours at a time, so I haven't even run a full charge cycle yet

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
No but seriously miiverse

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Please do not disrespect the GOTY.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kashuno posted:

No but seriously miiverse

The only good use of Miiverse was Splatoon

No Miiverse for Splatoon 2 gonna suck, because artwork owned.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I got the last copy of BoTW for Wii U.

Now what.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Vintersorg posted:

Now what.

Take it home, then open the wrapping, then put the disc in your Wii U (if you do not have a Wii U, find one, I will not detail how however), play. Congratulations, you're now playing Breath of the Wild.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Vintersorg posted:

Now what.

Like, on Earth?
Keep it wrapped because it'll probably be worth something in a couple of years

Wendell
May 11, 2003

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Congratulations, you're not playing Breath of the Wild.

Please do not congratulate people for not playing the greatest of games, even in typo form.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Wendell posted:

Please do not congratulate people for not playing the greatest of games, even in typo form.

Whatever are you talking about?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thanks.

I know this isn't the thread for it but so far it's cool:

can Link use branches or does he just climb up and down? This is my first dilemma.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Thanks.

I know this isn't the thread for it but so far it's cool:

can Link use branches or does he just climb up and down? This is my first dilemma.

He can climb on almost any surface, stamina willing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If you can see it, Link can climb it.

See those mountains in the distance? Guess what you'll be doing later~

• Locked thread