Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Escobarbarian posted:

How the hell do you get to the To Quobro Shrine, around the Hedra North Summit? Can't find the entrance ANYWHERE.

Its under the mountain, the entrance is to the south. Its kinda tricky to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Bruceski posted:

As far as "best dungeons to do first", in addition to being rather easy the Zora and Rito ones give you some amazing boosts to exploration.

Yes do Rito early it makes exploring so much easier.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

One tip about getting into the Zora Dungeon. Shatter works on ice blocks being thrown at you. For Hylia's sake do not waste your arrows or bows.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ok yeah I know tiny Gerudo lady we were supposed to meet up at the observatory but I just gotta finish catching these lizards for new armor
Ok yes yes I understand the physical manifestation of sandstorms and thunder could rampage across your vastly populated town but hear me out, I found where my old sword was and I just needed to beat 12 more shrines to get it
Fine fine I'll go meet you up, hey look at that fort surrounded by flying robots holy crap I gotta get on top of that!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
This game drastically overestimates your ability to catch critterrs

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Despera posted:

Equip the Shiekah suit and suddenly you're swimming in em.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Despera posted:

Stealth suit and/or food

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

Its under the mountain, the entrance is to the south. Its kinda tricky to find.

Thankfully someone put a vid on YouTube about 12 hours ago (spelling it wrong so I found it by searching for Hebra shrines instead). MAN that one's a son of a bitch. But hell yeah got me another leviathan pic too.

In fact here's the link because people are gonna friggin need it https://youtu.be/zoDv42oQw6I

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm mad I gave a Zora child 5 hot foot frogs for a measly 50 rupees return when the frogs are used to upgrade the climbing set :mad:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Calaveron posted:

I'm mad I gave a Zora child 5 hot foot frogs for a measly 50 rupees return when the frogs are used to upgrade the climbing set :mad:

I got frogs coming out of my pockets, they are not rare.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I always wear the soldier armor and I have not caught an insect or frog in one thousand years

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Your Computer posted:

I feel like they should tweak some of the chests in the game. I found one in a little cave by a river, guarded by 2 moblins that had 300 rupees, but I also just completed a Major Test of Strength and got... a Knight's Halberd :geno: 13 attack.

It also feels kinda bad to climb a mountain and massacre your way through a huge encampment and your reward is...... 5 arrows.

tbf the real prize at the Major Test is the spirit orb and the weapons from the guardian :v:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Internet Kraken posted:

Horses would be more useful if you didn't have to fetch them from a stable anytime they go more than 50 feet from you. That way I could cross a mountain range on foot and then whistle my horse and keep riding. I know the game says they're not magic but come on.

Yeah agreed. Like, its "realistic" but it doesn't really add anything at all to the game, and makes horses nearly worthless. Give them infinite range on whistle and they'd be way way better, agreed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah agreed. Like, its "realistic" but it doesn't really add anything at all to the game, and makes horses nearly worthless. Give them infinite range on whistle and they'd be way way better, agreed.

Yeah, the whistle range is pointless because half the time you'll climb a mountain or cliff face and then it's much more interesting to just keep on going. Next thing you know you're on the other side of a hill with your horse out of range so you just walk the rest of the way.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
This reminds me of that stable near Gerudo that is like 20 feet from a little step that prevents you from bringing horses to Gerudo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i died on Eventide trying to trying to bomb the stone cover off the last hole I needed and killed myself and the game doesn't save on Eventide

so i dont think i'll play this game anymore

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Is it confirmed what makes resources respawn? I don't think it's a blood moon. Also it seems like different resources respawn at different increments. For example, there are a bunch of rhino beetles in the trees right when you make it out of the shrine you start in. I have been going back there hoping to find more and they have yet to respawn. EIther I haven't used the elixir they were used in so they won't respawn or those particular bugs won't ever respawn.

Also, you scare a bug or critter away, will they respawn if I come back? Hadn't had a chance to test this, and at this point I'm just trying to find places I can find particular ingredients easily.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Macintosh HD posted:

This reminds me of that stable near Gerudo that is like 20 feet from a little step that prevents you from bringing horses to Gerudo.

Yeah that was pretty funny / dumb. Like wtf? I guess so you can ride your horse out of Gerudo back, but like, you can teleport too so who cares?

I don't mind it *so* much because you're supposed to use sand seals in the desert, and sand seal surfing is actually pretty cool. But yeah, that was silly.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Is it confirmed what makes resources respawn? I don't think it's a blood moon. Also it seems like different resources respawn at different increments. For example, there are a bunch of rhino beetles in the trees right when you make it out of the shrine you start in. I have been going back there hoping to find more and they have yet to respawn. EIther I haven't used the elixir they were used in so they won't respawn or those particular bugs won't ever respawn.

Also, you scare a bug or critter away, will they respawn if I come back? Hadn't had a chance to test this, and at this point I'm just trying to find places I can find particular ingredients easily.

Yeah, I've noticed some things respawn before a blood moon on their own, and faeries do not respawn on blood moon. So some things have their own internal cycle or something.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
After far too many reloads, I finally got the Short Shorts of the Hero from the 8bit Link amiibo.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Moltrey posted:

i died on Eventide trying to trying to bomb the stone cover off the last hole I needed and killed myself and the game doesn't save on Eventide

Use stasis on those stones, not bombs.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Moltrey posted:

How about just don't go back to Eventide if you don't like Eventide????

Really don't understand how some goons will go out of their way to do optional poo poo they hate. If you don't like it; don't do it. :o

This game has more than enough poo poo you're okay with skipping some of it. Find a shrine you hate? gently caress it! There's 150 and you really don't need them all. Same with side-poo poo like Eventide.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
It's me, I skip the great fairy upgrade cutscenes, the inventory upgrade cutscenes, and the shrine opening and completing cutscenes. But I never, ever, skip cooking.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Started playing Hyrule Warriors after finishing Breath, it reminds me of how important music was in Zelda and how the weird lack of it in Breath is puzzling, I mean there are a few good points but it's silent like most of the time.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

It's me, I skip the great fairy upgrade cutscenes, the inventory upgrade cutscenes, and the shrine opening and completing cutscenes. But I never, ever, skip cooking.

Sometimes I make dubious food on purpose.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think there's a limit on how many fairies you can carry. I've noticed when I'm carrying 5 there aren't any by the fountain.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

socialsecurity posted:

Started playing Hyrule Warriors after finishing Breath, it reminds me of how important music was in Zelda and how the weird lack of it in Breath is puzzling, I mean there are a few good points but it's silent like most of the time.

Does the "normal" Zelda theme play at all? I haven't heard it yet and can't imagine where it might be hiding.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
After hearing everything about it I'm vearing more into just watching a Lets Play.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So where's the place you get your clothing dyed?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
They dye shop is in Hateno village, look for the house with big vials on top

also really can't think of what watching full gameplay of this game would get you outside of seeing the story? So much of my time is just doing my own dumb bullshit that I have to imagine would be agonizing for someone else to actually watch

Zore posted:

Use stasis on those stones, not bombs.
Oh duh, thank you!

Zaphod42 posted:

How about just don't go back to Eventide if you don't like Eventide????

Really don't understand how some goons will go out of their way to do optional poo poo they hate. If you don't like it; don't do it. :o

This game has more than enough poo poo you're okay with skipping some of it. Find a shrine you hate? gently caress it! There's 150 and you really don't need them all. Same with side-poo poo like Eventide.
Nah nah, it's not that I hated Eventide, I was just being hyperbolic. it's a great idea, but doing it again without the novely and having to kill that Hinox again when I was literally seconds away from completing it is just ppbbbbbbbht

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Moltrey posted:

Oh duh, thank you!

Nah nah, it's not that I hated Eventide, I was just being hyperbolic. it's a great idea, but doing it again without the novely and having to kill that Hinox again when I was literally seconds away from completing it is just ppbbbbbbbht

You also don't have to kill the Hinox. Glide down onto it while its sleeping, grab the orb and just run up the hill. It won't catch you.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

After hearing everything about it I'm vearing more into just watching a Lets Play.

Too many 9s not enough 10s

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

socialsecurity posted:

What?

Did we play the same game?

Breath has an absolutely amazing soundtrack, chock-full of references to motifs from past Zelda games. The hell?

Lots I would complain about, but considering I have stopped and said "wow this song is so cool" like 8 times now, I have no clue what you're saying here.

I get goosebumps when I hear the blood moon song start playing. Every town has not just one, but TWO of its own themes. Did you mute your TV?

Ometeotl posted:

So where's the place you get your clothing dyed?

Hatano. South East.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 9, 2017

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So where is the Thunder Helmet? I went to the map marker at Yiga Clan Hideout, but the only thing in the altar is a bow.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Rirse posted:

So where is the Thunder Helmet? I went to the map marker at Yiga Clan Hideout, but the only thing in the altar is a bow.

You have to go through the whole Yiga Clan and fight the boss at the end. You either haven't found the actual hideout or you didn't finish it.

Map markers don't always give away everything. This is a game about adventure.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Despera posted:

Too many 9s not enough 10s

M_Gargantua doesn't get out of bed for anything less than a 9.8.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Zore posted:

You also don't have to kill the Hinox. Glide down onto it while its sleeping, grab the orb and just run up the hill. It won't catch you.
Oh okay! I knew there was some way to take the stuff off their necklaces without fighting them, but no idea how. I figured that just by shooting them in the eye, you could snag it when they bent over, but that didn't work the times I tried it for a shrine quest that kinda has the same goal.

The Hinox wasn't even that bad, when I realized I could bop him in the head with Magnesis-ing those metal crates. Like don't even drop it on the guy, just rub it on top of his head

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Zaphod42 posted:

What?

Did we play the same game?

Breath has an absolutely amazing soundtrack, chock-full of references to motifs from past Zelda games. The hell?

Lots I would complain about, but considering I have stopped and said "wow this song is so cool" like 8 times now, I have no clue what you're saying here.

Hatano. South East.

I think its because when just traveling across the wilds, music just isn't needed. All you need to set the tone for that moment is the wind blowing the grass and your feet crunching the dirt under you.

It's odd by my favroite moments have been just walking.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

I think its because when just traveling across the wilds, music just isn't needed. All you need to set the tone for that moment is the wind blowing the grass and your feet crunching the dirt under you.

It's odd by my favroite moments have been just walking.

Yeah it isn't, but you still hear pretty often little piano ditties while you're riding around the fields. Then you go into a town and hear its theme, then you get into a fight, then there's a blood moon, then you do a quest, then you approach the stables, then you find a shrine, then you hear the guy playing on his accordion...

There's seriously a TON of great music in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrvZrBCR6-A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

This loving tower on water. 3 electric wizrobes and FIVE LIZARDS ALL WITH ELECTRIC SPEARS. Even if you take armour off link can't loving attack in water and going back to land de-aggros them. What the gently caress??????????