Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Artillery conquers, Kurds occupy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

lol The new healthcare plan destroys the enhanced Medicaid starting in 2020, and it's a huge tax cut for rich people, drug manufacturers, and insurers.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Like the only way to stay on enhanced Medicaid after 2020 (if this bill is passed) is to have 100% continuous enrollment which requires your local Dept. of Health and Human Services not to gently caress up and randomly kick you off when you start a new job or it wants additional info from you and gives you 1 week's notice. More than 1/2 of people on Medicaid are kicked off it due to poo poo like this every year and have to reapply.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

A while back I raised the possibility that Breitbart would turn on its former boss. Well:

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/839576007120158720

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/839577255340834817

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/839578848773693440

I don't know if I'm completely right yet, but I'm feeling pretty right.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Sergg posted:

lol The new healthcare plan destroys the enhanced Medicaid starting in 2020, and it's a huge tax cut for rich people, drug manufacturers, and insurers.

And they will pass those savings off to the consumer!! :supaburn:

Trickle.

Down.

Economics.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Babby Stalin hosed up and talked too much. It could lead to a killing of the new immigration executive order.

https://twitter.com/AriMelber/status/839569400864858113

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/ChadSDay/status/839584565572300805

I mean, no duh, but still...

quote:

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, who was fired from the White House last month, has registered as a foreign agent with the Justice Department for work that may have aided the Turkish government in exchange for $530,000.

Flynn's lawyer said in paperwork that he was voluntarily registering for work that "could be construed to have principally benefited the Republic of Turkey."

Flynn's consulting firm, Flynn Intel Group Inc., previously disclosed to Congress its work for a company owned by a Turkish businessman. But it had not filed with the Justice Department, which requires more extensive transparency. The new filings show Flynn's firm was paid $530,000.

Trump fired Flynn last month for misleading key administration officials about his contacts with Russia's ambassador to the U.S.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

A lot of your former supporters are pretty glad they can buy guns these days Barry-o but you keep beating that drum I guess.
He specifically said "mentally unstable" people, which is a legitimate problem. If people can't understand thay caveat than they're too stupid to engage with anyway.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Casimir Radon posted:

He specifically said "mentally unstable" people, which is a legitimate problem. If people can't understand thay caveat than they're too stupid to engage with anyway.

No, they're too mentally unstable to engage with.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Watch Clinton start a loving war.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

:stare: doesn't this just add to the evidence pile?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Wasabi the J posted:

:stare: doesn't this just add to the evidence pile?

He's consulting for Turkey, probably Erodogan wanting to butter up Trump so that we don't woof too much when he turns Turkey into Russia jr.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
My hardcore Republican friends are incredibly pissed off about the new health care act. It's all sound and fury, but I admit I'm enjoying it.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Zeroisanumber posted:

He's consulting for Turkey, probably Erodogan wanting to butter up Trump so that we don't woof too much when he turns Turkey into Russia jr.

I would talk poo poo on Turkey but not as long as we are still friends with wonderful countries like Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Woof Blitzer posted:

I would talk poo poo on Turkey but not as long as we are still friends with wonderful countries like Saudi Arabia and the UAE.

I was sad when that coup got crushed.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

I was sad when that coup got crushed.

:same:

I was hooting and hollering for those tanks

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Yeah that pilot not firing pretty much hosed Turkey

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

So what would be the best response to the Senators letter, "We obtained a warrant to tap phones in trump tower due to an investigation involving [Russia, Hookers, Gangsters, Fraud, what ever] and found lots of incriminating evidence of [x, y, or z]" or "No, there where no taps."

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Nothing matters, drink heavily

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

KildarX posted:

So what would be the best response to the Senators letter, "We obtained a warrant to tap phones in trump tower due to an investigation involving [Russia, Hookers, Gangsters, Fraud, what ever] and found lots of incriminating evidence of [x, y, or z]" or "No, there where no taps."

Honestly, probably the second.

It'd be worse for us in the short term what with the whole "no impeachment" thing but I have to question whether or not exposing and impeaching the President for being a Russian agent wouldn't do more harm to the country in the long run.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Once the political system puts guys like Trump in charge, the country is already hosed. The same power structures that led to Trump have done 0 introspection or reform, and Republicans will seek out the next Trump if/when he falls.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The Iron Rose posted:

It'd be worse for us in the short term what with the whole "no impeachment" thing but I have to question whether or not exposing and impeaching the President for being a Russian agent wouldn't do more harm to the country in the long run.

At which point you have abandoned any pretense at democracy. It's bad enough as it is but if that was allowed to fly

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

The Iron Rose posted:

Metaphorically this is a live virus immunization for American democracy against authoritarianism. Except it turns out authoritarianism, nazis, and Ebola are all loving with our HIV that is the Tea Party.

We either learn from this and get rid of these people or the world continues downa dark path.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You're probably swapping things around there. The Tea Party and tribal politics is the HIV that's weakened poo poo enough for the ebola strain of Trump to take hold.

Ebola is virulent and deadly enough that it can kill faster than it can spread, which is fitting for the administration trying to jam as much bullshit through as fast as possible without any regard to "how".

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Nothing matters, drink heavily

I was six tallboys deep by 2 Pm today

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Reverand maynard posted:

But enough about your sex life.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Reverand maynard posted:

get a job you lazy liberal

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
It's a shame that sitting on your porch getting wasted on malt liquor is so looked down upon by a certain pale race.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Woof Blitzer posted:

It's a shame that sitting on your porch getting wasted on malt liquor is so looked down upon by a certain pale race.

They just do it inside with beer and to protracted sporting events.

NASCAR and baseball take entirely too loving long and I hate that I can't enjoy them anymore.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Reverand maynard posted:

How high's the water, Mama?
Six tallboys and rising

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Reverand maynard posted:

Smuggling gin-Mountain-Dew into my last class because I'm classy like that, and my spring break starts at 6:45pm.

:patriot:

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
Our "drink the booze cause we're going to move cross country" is this weekend

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Woof Blitzer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwCQK7IgcD0

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

The Iron Rose posted:

You know, of all my various subscriptions, foreign policy has been the one I use the most. Foreign Affairs has the edge on substance and analysis, but it just doesn't generate headlines like these:

Trump Hotel in Baku Partnered With ‘Notoriously Corrupt’ Oligarch Family With Ties to Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps

This story is one of those rabbit holes that somewhere around a 1/4 way down you are sitting at a table with a girl in a blue dress and some rear end in a top hat in a dumb hat thinking to yourself "drugs are bad kids, don't do them like me".

Then you keep going.

Somewhere past fully understanding where this hotel was built, which is around 1/3rd in, you start to just stare in awe that they were so blatant about breaking laws.

Fun fact: Bourke of Dooney and Bourke, a fashion accessory company, caught a 1 year prison sentence for doing business with many of the same people and agencies involved. Its all pretty :stare:.

On a side note: Heard some pundit say that the GOP would rather be talking about health care than trying to deal with this wire tapping poo poo.

No, dumbass, they don't want to say one word about that train wreck. The wire tapping stupidity is more than they could ever hope for at the moment.

In non-Trump news:

World's coolest Bond villain now building his test track for Hyperloop.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

This story is one of those rabbit holes that somewhere around a 1/4 way down you are sitting at a table with a girl in a blue dress and some rear end in a top hat in a dumb hat thinking to yourself "drugs are bad kids, don't do them like me".

Then you keep going.

Somewhere past fully understanding where this hotel was built, which is around 1/3rd in, you start to just stare in awe that they were so blatant about breaking laws.

Fun fact: Bourke of Dooney and Bourke, a fashion accessory company, caught a 1 year prison sentence for doing business with many of the same people and agencies involved. Its all pretty :stare:.

On a side note: Heard some pundit say that the GOP would rather be talking about health care than trying to deal with this wire tapping poo poo.

No, dumbass, they don't want to say one word about that train wreck. The wire tapping stupidity is more than they could ever hope for at the moment.

In non-Trump news:

World's coolest Bond villain now building his test track for Hyperloop.

it is going to be like the scene from james bond where he travels through the oil pipeline on the gokart thing?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Reverand maynard posted:

it is going to be like the scene from james bond where he travels through the oil pipeline on the gokart thing?

No. Its more like the vacuum tubes at a bank drive through meets the LHC, with a dash of dark wizardry mixed in.

The neat part about it is Elon Musk used Skunk Works's philosophy of "Assume it works, and just reverse engineer the theory" but instead of a jet, its a mass transit system.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

They want to connect the entire GCC. I give it a year before Houthis truck bomb it.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Artillery conquers, Kurds occupy.

:lol:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Not sure if this was posted, but this happened yesterday

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/839172687691935745

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm not really cool with someone losing any enumerated right on the say-so of a VA doctor or their decision to appoint a fiduciary. The burden of proof should be on the people saying someone is crazy. Personally, I think if someone is determined to be too incompetent to be trusted with guns, they should lose their franchise as well.

• Locked thread