Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I've finished the first 3 torments, haven't taken a stab at the II yet but I do have Maria's BSB so that should help. I do enjoy the challenge of them but at the same time they feel like such a slog that I don't even want to bother with the 250s. Retooling my team for 200s only to get through trash and realize my setup wasn't going to work for the actual boss and the last like 10 minutes was for nothing starts to get old after a while.

And on the survey results, I have 3/5 of the OSBs (Terra, Tidus, Squall), 2/5 on BSB (Agrias and Yshtola), and all 5 of the SSBs (I had almost every useful thing on the ssb selection list so I wasn't worried much about it).

I mean I'm glad I get a stab at getting OK BSB but the rest is kind of disappointing but expected I guess.

Combo fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I guess I can't complain too much about the survey results. I was still pretty brand new when the survey went around and I probably contributed to it by going "uhhhh, I like Cloud? And I'm playing FFIV right now and it'd be cool to get something for Cecil".

Sorry :smith:

So if its 4 OSB/ 4 BSB/ 3 SSB, that means:

1. Cloud OSB
2. Terra OSB
3. Lightning OSB
4. Squall OSB
5. Onion BSB
6. Y'shtola BSB
7. Cecil-P BSB
8. Aerith BSB
9. Celes SSB
10. Ramza SSB
11. Onion SSB

right?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Can someone please post the results?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

MikeSevigny posted:

How does Cecil's burst keep showing up on these? You'd think you'd see it more often in multiplayer or on roaming warriors if it were that popular. I was really hoping it'd fall off on the global poll and maybe we'd get another healing BSB (I could really use one). Mostly though, I'm salty that Gilgamesh only placed 14th in the character poll. What are these casuals thinking.

Could have been worse - we could have gotten Balthier's or something.

I actually don't own anything in the selection other than Cloud's OSB, so unless I get a dupe of that or OK's sword I'll probably be pleasantly surprised.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Elephant Ambush posted:

http://2ndanniv.finalfantasyrecordkeeper.com/

careful if you're not actually opening this on a phone the volume is way loud

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Elephant Ambush posted:

http://2ndanniv.finalfantasyrecordkeeper.com/research/attack/

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Oh HORSEshit Paladin Cecil came in third. No loving way.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Oh HORSEshit Paladin Cecil came in third. No loving way.

Someone somewhere thinks its still a good item apparently. A lot of someones.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

For comparison convenience.

Also, it wasn't on our poll, but Japan got a villain as playable poll for their 2nd anniversary poll.

1st - Cloud of Darkness (FFIII)
2nd - Omega (FFV)
3rd - Rubicante (FFIV)
4th - Ultros (FFVI)
5th - Emperor (FFII)
6th - Ultemicia (FFVIII)
7th - Ultima Weapon (FFVI)
8th - Fuujin & Raijin (FFVIII)
9th - Genesis (FFVII:CC)
10th - Caius Ballad (FFXIII-2)

With Rubicante, that's 2/5 of the list in the game!

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
I assume any items we don't get on our Ultros Select banner will just replace items on the anniversary banners, so it'll all even out in the end, more or less. Most of us are just going to get dupe Platinum Swords anyway.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well, I'll be happy if I can get ahold of Cloud or Squall's OSB. And I'd be happy to have any of the BSBs including Cecil's.

Currently at 50 mythril again, trying to resist the urge to do something stupid like pulling on the Tifa banner (since I'd be happy to get anything else for her, or Vincent, or Rufus' gun), or the XIII banners (Physical Lightning Imperil would go well with Raijin or Kain, and obviously Raines glove is good). I should have plenty of time to get what I need to cover the lucky draws, +free Ultros draw, and probably a draw on the Tyro/Sephiroth banner or Agrias banner during the anniversary.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Neither JP or GLB had any XIV characters place so they're both bunk

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

Aurora posted:

Neither JP or GLB had any XIV characters place so they're both bunk

I fully agree. I don't see Godbert Mandervil or Y'shtola on that list. Or Cid Garlond.

I'm probably going to pull on this banner like mad, anyway.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The Cecil thing is weird, just because you'd think someone like Beatrix with a similar BSB would be ranked similarly, but nope. I mean I like IV as much as anybody, but I rarely ever see people say it's one of their favorites, so I can't figure out why Cecil in particular seems so popular.

Also surprised that Sephiroth was only #5, and Kefka was all the way down at #24. Squall at #2 was a surprise too. I thought most people hated him.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I did it. I voted for Paladin Force.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

onion knight SSB though is very :psyduck:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Servaetes posted:

onion knight SSB though is very :psyduck:

To be fair it just missed the cutoff in Japan too. The main differences between Japan and Global is primarily that Bartz is more popular there than here (Bartz was #4 on the popularity poll in JP vs #22 here, ouch).

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Cecil's BSB used to be top tier for when BSBs were new-ish and something that could spam holy damage like him was very desirable. I imagine it winning still had momentum from back when it was highly desired.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

People voted for their waifus it's not that complicated

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Because it's fun, Japan's latest FFRK report's out.

The Final Fantasy Legends 2 collaboration (read: Dimensions 2) is a collection event with a free pull.
The characters are
Morrow
Spellblade 4, Combat 4, Support 5, Celerity 5
(diveable to Spellblade 5)
Dagger, Sword, Axe, Spear, Bow
Shield, Hat, Helm, Light Armor, Bracer

Aemo
Black Magic 4, White Magic 5, Summoning 5, Bard 4
(diveable to Bard 5)
Dagger, Rod, Staff, Bow, Instrument
Hat, Light Armor, Robe, Bracer

Wrieg
Combat 4, Dragoon 5, Knight 4
(diveable to Knight 5)
Dagger, Sword, Axe, Spear
Shield, Hat, Helm, Light Armor, Heavy Armor, Bracer

Rubicante event has Edge's USB, Cecil's BSB2, Cid's BSB, and Rubicante's BSB which is

quote:

Rubicante's True Red Cape [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 6 AOE Fire/NE magic attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> Magic Blink 1 to user, activates Flame Cloak Mode; ?% to counter PHY with AOE Fire/NE magic attacks during Flame Cloak Mode; 4 single-target Fire/NE magic attacks, deactivates Flame Cloak Mode
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/NE magic attacks; + 1 additional hit under Flame Cloak Mode

First full FFXV event adds Iris and Gladiolus.

Another non-collab FFXI event, this time adding Aphmau (a court puppetmaster from the Treasures of Aht Uhrgan expansion) and Zeid (dark knight from the original storyline).

A V event feature a dress record for Faris.

Also the Bard Motes Torment for IV, and

quote:

Abyss Challengers Campaign
- Starts from 14th March
- Daily log-in bonus consisting of 10 gifts like Mythril, MC3 Lode, etc
- Balance Change to 6* Dervish, 6* Ultima, 6* Neo Bahamut, 6* Omega Drive
Interesting, I wonder what kind of changes they plan for those?

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

U-DO Burger posted:

People voted for their waifus it's not that complicated

Tifa > Aerith in the character results, the way it should be.

Actually where is that link to the anniversary mythril calculator? I may say gently caress it and pull on the Tifa banner.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Err, also coming in the Rubicante event: 5* PHYSICAL NINJA ABILITIES.

5* Ninja, Water Reflection: Single-target Water physical attack, Physical Blink 1 to user, up to 2 stacks

5* Ninja, Torrent Seal: 2~4 single-target Water physical attacks, number of hits is dependent on amount of Physical Blinks

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Hogama posted:

Another non-collab FFXI event, this time adding Aphmau (a court puppetmaster from the Treasures of Aht Uhrgan expansion) and Zeid (dark knight from the original storyline).

YESSSSS

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Hogama posted:

gently caress me I never expected them to add mah girl Aphmau but here we are :shittydog: But she'll probably end up with the rather unimpressive monk skillset.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like the voting results for Abilities got changed, and now the 5* abilities are 1. Bahamut (hooray) and 2. Full Break.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Dang, was kinda hoping Rubicante would get a Runic SB so I can stop chasing it on VI banners. I already have enough VI synergy dammit :argh: I guess it's still an interesting mechanic. Not sure how useful it'll be without a draw fire command built into it, though.

Also Faris' dress record is just another reminded that somehow Cloud still does not have a record for the Wall Market dress.

Curious about the 6* changes. I can't really see them making Omega Drive *more* powerful, though I'd certainly take it. Guessing Neo-Bahamut gets a buff for sure, since Valigarmanda is strictly better, isn't it? Can't imagine what they could possibly do with Ultima to make it competitive with Meltdown.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Forget Faris in a dress, where the hell is the Dancer Bartz dress record? :colbert:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Dang, was kinda hoping Rubicante would get a Runic SB so I can stop chasing it on VI banners. I already have enough VI synergy dammit :argh: I guess it's still an interesting mechanic. Not sure how useful it'll be without a draw fire command built into it, though.
You could try chasing it on FF5 banners instead. :v: Exdeath's Grand Cross acts as a variant on the ability (as, like Indomitable Blade, it taunts both BLK and WHT) but apparently won't be showing back up on banners for a while.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Also Faris' dress record is just another reminded that somehow Cloud still does not have a record for the Wall Market dress.

Curious about the 6* changes. I can't really see them making Omega Drive *more* powerful, though I'd certainly take it. Guessing Neo-Bahamut gets a buff for sure, since Valigarmanda is strictly better, isn't it? Can't imagine what they could possibly do with Ultima to make it competitive with Meltdown.

Neo Bahamut is slightly stronger, but given Valigarmanda's ability to hit three common weaknesses weaknesses and be boosted, it's just weaker in practice.

Best thing I could think to do with Ultima is to just give it a potency boost - something like 900x2 would put it on par with old Neo Bahamut (which should be getting a buff, so that's fine). Even going to 750x2 would put it on par with 5* Bahamut.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Grozz Nuy posted:

Forget Faris in a dress, where the hell is the Dancer Bartz dress record? :colbert:

Dancer Butz is the dream, but I would also accept Blue Mage or Berzerker or Spellblade. FFV is jam packed with costumes to use and the only good one they've had so far is Krile's sheep costume.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Can't imagine what they could possibly do with Ultima to make it competitive with Meltdown.

3 hits. As is, Ultima's held back mostly by its non-elemental nature and being two hit (to Meltdown's three), not by its potency - it means with stacking faiths you'll never be able to catch up. Even being lower overall potency and non-elemental, it would be a good crowd-clearing option if it can hit the same 29997 that Meltdown can with enough buffs. Certainly makes it a lot more interesting for Torment dungeons.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

3 hits. As is, Ultima's held back mostly by its non-elemental nature and being two hit (to Meltdown's three), not by its potency - it means with stacking faiths you'll never be able to catch up. Even being lower overall potency and non-elemental, it would be a good crowd-clearing option if it can hit the same 29997 that Meltdown can with enough buffs. Certainly makes it a lot more interesting for Torment dungeons.

That makes sense, and it would be pretty drat nice if you could hone it once and just blitz through all the Torment trash, but man, black crystals are so scarce that it feels like once you've crafted Meltdown you're pretty much in it for the long haul.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I missed mastery on the torment because I forgot to use biora blade on the lightning giant :cripes:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

victrix posted:

I missed mastery on the torment because I forgot to use biora blade on the lightning giant :cripes:

makes you appreciate those phoned-in triple "just hit it with full break, gosh" boss conditions

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Man those sb survey results are kinda eh. I like that OK's non-bsb was put on, except it's the subpar physical one. I have it myself, and it's actually not bad, but the mage one is way better. Still it's physical synergy for ffiii. I currently have 2 physical swords and 2 magic swords for that realm, so I run desch and OK as mages. Still, at level 99 OK is strong enough to simply leave him in the front row and still do decent damage with desch's ssb sword.

But lightning's osb? That one is pure garbage tier if I recall correctly. I'd rather have another shot at vaan's osb just so I can double combine his daggers. That fucker is sitting maxed out at 186 attack, which single handidly makes monks viable in every realm for me.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I don't have poo poo for Lightning(or any physical XIII weapons at all aside from the new years gun!) so I'll take the OSB easy. I also have Kaiser Shield to boost damage.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Well if anything it's also an osb sword, which means fully augmented it'll be really drat nice in any realm.

Except there are multiple other better osb swords on the banner. Doesn't matter though, my free pull will get me a dupe OK ssb sword.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Onion Slice is basically an OSB without the title and I will not hear otherwise :colbert:

I have a 99 OK fully moted and since the soft cap raise Onion Slice is a chainsaw from Hell. I totally understand why it's up there.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Onion Slice is basically an OSB without the title and I will not hear otherwise :colbert:

I have a 99 OK fully moted and since the soft cap raise Onion Slice is a chainsaw from Hell. I totally understand why it's up there.

How much damage per hit are you getting? I've never had more than 2kish. I've also not fully moted my OK though, since I'm missing the BSB and resources are limited.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

How much damage per hit are you getting? I've never had more than 2kish. I've also not fully moted my OK though, since I'm missing the BSB and resources are limited.

Obviously it depends on the boss but I went from doing around 1300 per hit before the soft cap raise to around 3500 per hit after. More the second time around after the armor break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

iamsosmrt posted:

It's a 9.2 multiplier if you have enough speed for the 11th hit. That is worse than even Lightning's OSB. If you don't need the -DEF/RES that stacks with -DEF, -RES, and -FULL it is going to be terrible. If you aren't using someone who already applies -DEF/RES it isn't bad.

edit: Lack of element means it'll never be comparable to a decent OSB if you are only looking for damage. Unless you are somehow damage capped, at which point it does more damage than an OSB.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 9, 2017

• Locked thread