Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thompson doesn't really have the warrior look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But goddamn, it really does look like Betty Ross went goth. I suppose that's why Cate never has her hair long and dark.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

It's cool that the Red Ranger got another gig.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They look like Spaceknights, actually.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Heh, I wonder if they'll use the Liv Tyler thing in the movie and the Hulk goes "Bet-ty?" before Hela just throws him across a continent or something.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Been seeing some speculation that the big tentacle monster in Guardians 2 is a Many-Angled One. I guess if Marvel wants to keep escalating after Infinity War, Shuma-Gorath is a fine choice of next mega-villain.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Short hair Thor disturbs me. A lot.

McCloud posted:

Also technically your spoiler describes Nolans Batman as well.

Yeah, almost. Kinda funny that they are quite similar in a reductive way since I super like Lego Batman and really do not like Rises. Nolan's is different because Batman finds peace by just not being Batman. And passing it on to the kid he met that week. And he's also named Robin :argh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo, Goth Blanchette is loving awesome.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
I wonder if there is a subplot involving the fact that Loki now has a full-blown mullet that has been slowly growing over the last two movies.

The duality of Shaved-Thor and Mul-Loki. Yin and Yang. Brother and Blood.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I want to see her trippy helmet goddamnit. There's such a distinct lack of trippy helmets in those pics.

That one red armor guy knows where it's at.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I think he looks like a slightly eccentric college professor who just recently got really into Sid Vicious.

ftfy

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BrianWilly posted:

I want to see her trippy helmet goddamnit. There's such a distinct lack of trippy helmets in those pics.

That one red armor guy knows where it's at.

I feel like it will be like when Loki wears his, when he wants to be impressive, it appears. Hela's will probably work the same way.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

I wonder if there is a subplot involving the fact that Loki now has a full-blown mullet that has been slowly growing over the last two movies.

I do not understand people who see long hair that's been combed back and immediately think mullet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

haitfais posted:

I do not understand people who see long hair that's been combed back and immediately think mullet.

It's the post Death of Superman effect.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Just got back form Logan. That was one depressing movie.

The funniest thing happened in the previews though, when one of the dudes in front of me took out his phone, and logged into Netflix.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

'You think you've got problems? I have a MULLET, Thor!'

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Loki has long hair combed back, not a mullet.
This is a mullet:

The definition of a mullet is short on top and front, long in the back.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!

Roth posted:

The funniest thing happened in the previews though, when one of the dudes in front of me took out his phone, and logged into Netflix.

There's nothing funny about someone asking you to kick them in the back of the head

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

achillesforever6 posted:

Panicing Marvel Studios Exec: Boss the Iron Fist reviews are out, everyone hates it!!!

Wait, what? Why?

It looked like it was gonna be closer to Daredevil than the other two shows. What's so bad about it? :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The fight scenes suck, Finn Jones sucks, the story sucks, the dialogue sucks, and it didn't make any effort to avoid any racial issues and just went full steam ahead with the stereotyping.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In most Logan reviews I read, people note the villains are perfunctory (before saying it doesn't matter because they aren't the point) but I thought Boyd Holbrook did OK. Especially compared to his barely-there role in Narcos.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Jamesman posted:

Wait, what? Why?

It looked like it was gonna be closer to Daredevil than the other two shows. What's so bad about it? :(
According to reviews of the first six episodes, everything.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Deadpool and Cable will be the "main characters" in the X-Force movie.

Also, in Deadpool 2.

http://screenrant.com/x-force-movie-deadpool-cable/

Electromax
May 6, 2007

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Deadpool and Cable will be the "main characters" in the X-Force movie.

Also, in Deadpool 2.

http://screenrant.com/x-force-movie-deadpool-cable/

:hellyeah: Bring on the elderly Jesus figure with a big gun.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

The fight scenes suck, Finn Jones sucks, the story sucks, the dialogue sucks, and it didn't make any effort to avoid any racial issues and just went full steam ahead with the stereotyping.

The only positive thing I've heard is Coleen Wing isn't bad, but yea, it sounds like they took the worst aspects of early season Arrow and built the show around it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I have heard they don't have a very good villain, which is a problem. Even when the other Netflix shows have had ropey bits, they've been held up by good villains. Daredevil had Vincent D'Onofrio, Jessica Jones had David Tennant and Luke Cage had Mahershala Ali (who I liked much better than the final boss). I'm not even sure who's playing the villain in Iron Fist off the top of my head. :shrug:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Considering they got the writer of the last few season of Dexter to showrun Iron fist, I am not at all surprised that the show is god awful.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm not even sure who's playing the villain in Iron Fist off the top of my head. :shrug:

Madam Gao and David Wenham I think.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Iron Fist being godawful is pretty hilarious not in the least because now they're going to have to pretend like anyone gives a poo poo about him for The Defenders.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They've already finished filming Defenders so that could get interesting

Daredevil Season 2 also gave us the best Punisher. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do when he gets his own show.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I don't think that will be a problem. No one cared that Hulk had a crappy and a meh movie before the first Avengers film.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

Luke Cage had Mahershala Ali (who I liked much better than the final boss). :shrug:
I lost my desire to finish up the back end of Luke Cage once I learned about the Big Bad switchup. So, so dumb.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Who is this?

*nervously tugs collar*

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

site posted:

Who is this?

*nervously tugs collar*

Tessa Thompson (from Westworld) as Valkyrie.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Pretty sure that's a dude that queued for the wrong Crucible

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/839947701487796224

Zazie Beetz has been cast as Domino. She's Donald Glover's baby momma in Atlanta.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's a great name.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well I'll be damned.

https://twitter.com/_moegonzales3_/status/839874304183435265

https://twitter.com/mang0ld/status/839883693392977920

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

RevKrule posted:

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/839947701487796224

Zazie Beetz has been cast as Domino. She's Donald Glover's baby momma in Atlanta.

Ooh I like her, I wonder if they'll paint her white though.

• Locked thread