Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Anidav posted:

This loving tower on water. 3 electric wizrobes and FIVE LIZARDS ALL WITH ELECTRIC SPEARS. Even if you take armour off link can't loving attack in water and going back to land de-aggros them. What the gently caress??????????

Getting Devalis gift makes every tower climb a joke. Although I did that tower without it. Use a bow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Trying to do the deer hunting minigame for money. I thought the Sheikah clothes made you super stealthy? The deer still immediately run away from me and I can't sneak up on them at all. Do I need to rely on my bow still, or what?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Anidav posted:

This loving tower on water. 3 electric wizrobes and FIVE LIZARDS ALL WITH ELECTRIC SPEARS. Even if you take armour off link can't loving attack in water and going back to land de-aggros them. What the gently caress??????????

Bow attacks?

Also, in various areas im finding little rafts with sails on them. Is there a way to control or use them?

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

The solution is always more bombs.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
Where the hell can I find more giant boomerangs? I've only seen the one so far and it was so stylish!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Pollyanna posted:

Trying to do the deer hunting minigame for money. I thought the Sheikah clothes made you super stealthy? The deer still immediately run away from me and I can't sneak up on them at all. Do I need to rely on my bow still, or what?

Shock and awe them, with bombs.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Anidav posted:

Look around. Its perfectly doable. Hell, I did that as part of my "get all towers" first quest, before I even got any heart pieces. Its hard, but its not impossible by any means. You have a ton of tools at your disposal; use them.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Does armor break in this game? And but is there any key tool that doesn't break in this game, other than weapons

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Willo567 posted:

Does armor break in this game? And but is there any key tool that doesn't break in this game, other than weapons

Armor does not break. Yes, the one you're thinking of, it doesn't break, but does need a cooldown period from time to time.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Willo567 posted:

Armor does not break. As far as I know, every weapon except one can break, but some can be remade if they break.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Im sure the tower is doable but it's probably the hardest one ive run into thus far.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

BigRed0427 posted:

Bow attacks?

Also, in various areas im finding little rafts with sails on them. Is there a way to control or use them?

Korok Leafs let you pilot the boats with the gusts they produce.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
That tower was loving hard. I ran out of arrows so just got to the base and just kept brute forcing climbing it until I got to the top. Went through tons of food and fell to the base dozens of times because one electric shock makes you immediately let go. But I didn't die!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Upgrade your stamina a bit start climbing, and jump whenever a spark or other electric attack comes near. Rest on the platforms but rest quickly then get climbing again.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Just haul rear end and don't stop climbing until you reach the first rest stop. The lizalfos won't follow you but the wizzrobes will. They're fairly slow though.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Also you have a rune that specifically deals with water that will give you enough of a vertical head start to get to the first platform before taking a hit.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah it isn't, but you still hear pretty often little piano ditties while you're riding around the fields. Then you go into a town and hear its theme, then you get into a fight, then there's a blood moon, then you do a quest, then you approach the stables, then you find a shrine, then you hear the guy playing on his accordion...

There's seriously a TON of great music in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrvZrBCR6-A

There has been at least one time I used that guy's accordion tune to figure out that there's a stable nearby and then used it to navigate there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rirse posted:

So where is the Thunder Helmet? I went to the map marker at Yiga Clan Hideout, but the only thing in the altar is a bow.

Pull out the magnesis rune and have a look around that room. It's a bastard thing they should've done better.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Macintosh HD posted:

There has been at least one time I used that guy's accordion tune to figure out that there's a stable nearby and then used it to navigate there.

There's no greater feeling in this game than being in some lonely landscape at night, heading for god knows where, then hearing the faint sounds of the stable theme in the distance and drawing nearer to the warmth and light and people to talk to and Beedle's goofy drat face. And also knowing there'll be a shrine right nearby so you can lock in a warp point and make your trek worth it.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pull out the magnesis rune and have a look around that room. It's a bastard thing they should've done better.

They are probably talking about the first room.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's done perfectly because around the room there's buried chests you need magnesis to pull out and that's when you notice that a wall is highlighted by the magnet effect and son of a bitch don't you feel clever
Are people ever going back to other open world games after this? How? I was considering getting HZD but what's the point, it probably isn't as good as botw in any aspect except for the novelty of 4k graphics I guess

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Macintosh HD posted:

M_Gargantua doesn't get out of bed for anything less than a 9.8.

I haven't read the professional reviews, just mostly what friends say and skimming the thread. As I've gotten older I've realized that the people I know have similar taste in video games.

And I have no other reason to buy a switch, so why buy one

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Chachi posted:

Where the hell can I find more giant boomerangs? I've only seen the one so far and it was so stylish!

I just found one in Hyrule Field, southeast of the castle, on top of a tall pillar that's next to a shorter pillar. There's a lady sitting by a campfire nearby.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Calaveron posted:

Are people ever going back to other open world games after this? How? I was considering getting HZD but what's the point, it probably isn't as good as botw in any aspect except for the novelty of 4k graphics I guess

Yeah I know, like I'm still really excited for Mass Effect Andromeda but half their marketing is around "look at these huge worlds! You can drive the Nomad around and there's so much to do there" and I'm just like :rolleyes: sure guys, sure

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Are people ever going back to the real world after this? How? I was considering going outside but what's the point, it probably isn't as good as botw in any aspect except for the novelty of realistic graphics I guess

:yeah:

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

Calaveron posted:

HZD looks drat pretty and has a different kind of combat that looks fun in a different way. Feels nothing like this though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

Yeah I know, like I'm still really excited for Mass Effect Andromeda but half their marketing is around "look at these huge worlds! You can drive the Nomad around and there's so much to do there" and I'm just like :rolleyes: sure guys, sure

Chuck! Chuck, it's Marvin. Your cousin, Marvin Bioware. You know that new open world you're looking for? Well, listen to this!
[holds phone up to a Nintendo Switch]

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I guess blood moons just aren't going to happen any more

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Yeah, gently caress that room, I wound up traveling to it three different times, thinking I broke a trigger by not walking up the long path normally. Even finding The boss chamber by accident.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Hopefully just as a lot of games influenced this Zelda, this Zelda will influence a lot of games and crappy overworld games will die out.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Just finished all 120 shrines! :toot:

Some of these are absolutely dickish

Besides the several hidden behind multiple sidequests, or the ones hidden behind completing other shrines on the other side of the world, there's literally one you have to light a brazier in Hyrule castle that is completely out of the way and not even hinted at :psyduck:

Finally off to beat Ganon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Oh, that room. Fire, and lots of it. Show the Yiga clan what you think of their fancy sacred banners.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
For those camping for the bloodmoon. I finally got one to pop after killing a few things (like the golem at Great Plateu) and then use a fireplace set to noon and waited from there and got it instantly. Using the fireplace to wait till night I think will never get you one. Might have just gotten lucky though!

Zeratanis fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 9, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zeratanis posted:

For those camping for the bloodmoon. I finally got one to pop after killing a few things (like the golem at Great Plateu) and then use a fireplace set to noon and waited from there and got it instantly. Waiting till night I think will never get you one. Might have just gotten lucky though!

I got it by waiting to night 23 times so it can pop that way. :shrug:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
How does one avoid lightning? It one-shots me every time.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

During a thunderstorm? Take off whatever metal weapon you have equipped. Inventory UI will place lightning marks on all affected gear.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

GobiasIndustries posted:

Lightning likes metal

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

Take off metallic shields, swords and bows.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

GobiasIndustries posted:

Don't equip metal things in a lightning storm.

Also on that note, don't equip wooden things in a Volcano (learned that the hard way)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

Unequip any metal weapons, shields and bows. They'll be sparking if you look at them in the switching screen.

Armor doesn't matter.