Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

cis autodrag posted:

i have a phone interview with a different division in apple coming up. this one's for a senior position so i am hecka nervous. most of the requirements i either had or could easily learn though.

are you gonna be the new ceo

are they finally ousting tim yesssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i can be your jonny ive hit me up on linkedin

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

poty posted:

i can be your jonny ive hit me up on linkedin

i don't have a linkedin because of stalkers lol

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i'll be craig if he doesn't stick around

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

had an in-person today, the people and company seem nice but the office is in an exurban hellscape of strip malls and chain restaurants that's about an hour away on bart. they say I'd only need to be on site 2 days a week but I'm not sure if they really meant it

have a second round interview with a consulting company tomorrow, in case I've decided I want to hate myself

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

they say I'd only need to be on site 2 days a week but I'm not sure if they really meant it

get it in writing as part of the offer.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
apparently it's hiring season, another offer for Boston albeit slightly less but for a more interesting topic. opinions on New England vs west coast California? i would kind of like to have seasons again

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

PierreTheMime posted:

apparently it's hiring season, another offer for Boston albeit slightly less but for a more interesting topic. opinions on New England vs west coast California? i would kind of like to have seasons again

I live in New England and have for my entire adult life so it's 100% the best

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

PierreTheMime posted:

california has a season now

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

JawnV6 posted:

california has a season now

grrm would call them seasons I guess

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

PierreTheMime posted:

new england is better than california

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
california labor law is p sw8 tho

state-funded maternity leave and nuking (unpaid) non-competes owns bones

also guaranteed OT (unless you're a specific flavor of computer toucher)

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

PierreTheMime posted:

as someone who was recently in your situation and chose Boston, I'm now disabused of the notion that I missed seasons. or at the least I no longer miss them.

don't know if I'd say it's better or worse than California. being able to walk outside whenever you wanted to was nice though. grass greener, etc.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

california labor law is p sw8 tho

state-funded maternity leave and nuking (unpaid) non-competes owns bones

also guaranteed OT (unless you're a specific flavor of computer toucher)

also this. MA labor laws are garbage coming from CA.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ma labor laws are slowly catching up like prospective employers cant ask you what you're getting paid now and stuff

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

hobbesmaster posted:

grrm would call them seasons I guess

way back in the early 2000's there was a rainy month we called "winter," seems like that one's back?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Bloody posted:

new england is better than california

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cali weather would be sweet. being cold bites

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

echinopsis posted:

cali weather would be sweet. being cold bites

you can always put more clothes on

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

hobbesmaster posted:

don't you try and control me

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

hobbesmaster posted:

yoga pants tho

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yoga pants tho

they don't go away completely in our winters IDK why they'd go away when it dips below 65 or whatever people think is cold there

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I was unexpectedly pulled into a quasi-interview today by my director regarding our teams lead position. that was cool, even though it caught me way off guard. this would be the first time in my career where I got a promotion and non-trivial raise without having to ask or change jobs. *knock wood*

also, if anyone wants to work in Utah county, Utah (lol), text me

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yoga pants tho

are for when it gets above freezing

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

I lived in Boston for 7 years prior to moving to the bay area, and have now lived in the bay area for 7 years as well

Between the two I strongly prefer bay area but you could do worse

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
fyi, yoga pants are actually significantly warmer than jeans in the winter. women's denim is super thing compared to men's stuff but most yoga pants (lulu aside) are decently thick. it's all anyone wears in the winter around here. if u gents arent ashamed of ur junk u should try them on because they are comfortable as gently caress too.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

hobbesmaster posted:

are for when it gets above freezing

here in The Land of Eternal Yoga Pants water stays liquid outside year-round

it's p :coal:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im not ashamed of my junk but people look at you weird and what if they wanted to have sex before but now they are put off? i dont want to be the kind of person who is picky enough to sleep with people who only like me because of my personality

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

echinopsis posted:

im not ashamed of my junk but people look at you weird and what if they wanted to have sex before but now they are put off? i dont want to be the kind of person who is picky enough to sleep with people who only like me because of my personality

so is it like tumorous or weird shaped or what, dont leave me hanging bro

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
boston, ma is the worst place in the entire world

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

raminasi posted:

boston, ma is the worst place in the entire world

great accent though.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cis autodrag posted:

so is it like tumorous or weird shaped or what, dont leave me hanging bro

very much a grower not a shower

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

echinopsis posted:

this dichotomy is why it's best to put your cockring size on your resume under "other skills"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lolll

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

cis autodrag posted:

fyi, yoga pants are actually significantly warmer than jeans in the winter. women's denim is super thing compared to men's stuff but most yoga pants (lulu aside) are decently thick. it's all anyone wears in the winter around here. if u gents arent ashamed of ur junk u should try them on because they are comfortable as gently caress too.

if you wear them underneath jeans you basically reinvent long underwear, also

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

echinopsis posted:

weve all been there bruv

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

carry on then posted:

if you wear them underneath jeans you basically reinvent long underwear, also

and lol if you dont

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this is why I dont want to work somewhere cold

"heh cold weather is so cool because you have to wear big fat undies"

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
ugh. just had a phone interview with a shared code website. the interviewer asked me a simple coding question that I knew the answer to immediately. then every time I typed something he interrupted me and asked me questions, trying to lead me to the answer that I already knew and was going to solve if he just stopped wasting my time. 10 minutes later, I've answered his leading questions a dozen times correctly in different ways, but I literally have three lines of code written because he didn't let me get anywhere. so loving annoyed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

good news: this local company with an office 10 minutes from my house wants to fill 12 positions of all experience levels with C# people and Angular people to build a new ecommerce platform and they pay $60k which is good for this area

bad news: it's a weight loss MLM operation

I'm morally conflicted here

• Locked thread