Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (January 8, 1930)

Peanuts (March 11, 1970)

Funky Cancerwife

There is no way that Darin hasn't heard this story at least ten times a year since he found out.

The (Goddamn) Crankshaft Workout

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (September 25, 1930)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So Funky Winkerbean and Crankshaft deal with absurd, surrealistic situations like that old bat's lovely cooking being so awful it literally breaks the law of physics and stuff like that.
But then the grim specter of death rears its head and everybody gets awful debilitating diseases or gets all obsessed over a dead spouse to an inappropriate degree.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Tracksuit

Moon Jae-in, the current frontrunner in the upcoming South Korean Presidential Election, has given indications that he would want to lower the mandatory military service period from two years to one. I don't recall if he said anything about this when he ran for President five years ago but if he did I can't imagine how he could have lost.

Mother From Another Country

The first panel is an untranslatable reference to how Gi-tong's name, as I have previously mentioned, sounds like toilet seat. Actually at the time I thought it just meant "toilet", thinking that 통 would refer to the inside of the bowl, not the rim.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Oh. My. Gawd.

Sally Forth

You have to reframe it for yourself. Don't say you're afraid or nervous about the big performance. Say, "I'm excited about this opportunity. You're still acknowledging the butterflies in your stomach, but giving your mind a way to interpret them as positive. I've done it before big-deal events. It really helps.

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

You can say the same thing about this strip's writing.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Savidudeosoo posted:

I can, when are you leaving?

I'm leaving Saturday evening so I'll be able to post my comics that day, but won't be back home until late Friday night.

Baldo

Wizard of Id

Big Nate

Wallace The Brave

I know what you're thinking, and so does Will Henry:
https://twitter.com/MrWillHenry/status/839501923749249025

Curtis

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh hey I forgot to post yesterday's comics! And it wasn't because I was playing Breath of the Wild, nope.

So here's yesterday's comics. Today's comics will be posted tomorrow morning, and tomorrow's comics will be posted in the afternoon. Then I won't be posting them over the weekend because I'll be on vacation all weekend.

Thank you for listening to Evil Mastermind's Comics Posting Schedule. And now, on with our show.

The Classic Dinette Set can't trust anyone in this town.

Working Daze is a losing battle.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is guest written by Bud Grace.

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man

Vargo posted:

I'm leaving Saturday evening so I'll be able to post my comics that day, but won't be back home until late Friday night.

I have your back, dude, don't worry.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tiffany is the hero we deserve.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I watched the Everett True movie. It was p. good imo

Everett True gets a job in the moving picture industry.

As part of his job he has to kiss another woman and some busybody reports it to his wife.

His wife gets mad and chases him through the movie studio. This chase scene is the climax of the movie (and yes, Everett True DOES whack someone in the head as he runs through the studio)

Then at the end his wife is ok with his movie career when he gets his pay check

god drat that's a lot of money in tyool 1916

I think the end of the movie sets up well for a sequel. Who owns the Everett True IP in the current year?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I watched the Everett True movie. It was p. good imo
[spoilers]
:wtf:?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

For comparison, 1916 is also the year Charlie Chaplin became the highest paid actor by signing a contract for $675,000 a year. He made eight films that year, averaging it out to just over $84,000 a film.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

So, to recap: Luann was jealous of Tiffany talking about how many times she's been there (because she's roadside, man!), Luann calls up a guy she has shown literally active disinterest in to spite her, guy comes over, Luann still doesn't like him, but is then jealous of the fact that Tiffany scored a date with him and seemed to genuinely hit it off with the guy. And Luann is supposed to be sympathetic in this scenario. :psyduck:

Mark Trail Bear Bear Bear Bear

Pearls Before Swine Plethora Plethora Plethora Bear

The Phantom Oh Thank God

Pooch Café Goddammit Robot Robot Robot

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I'd love it if the old horror comic artist could only teach Sara what he knows.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Is this by the Rip Haywire guy?

Nenonen posted:

I did some genelogic research (it's effortless with digitized archives these days!), and it turns out that Condo's closest living relative is one G. Gilchrist from Nashville. Maybe we should contact him so the comic could be resurrected?

Now instead of beating up assholes, he shares the Good News of Jesus with them!

Esplanade fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Mar 9, 2017

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I think the end of the movie sets up well for a sequel. Who owns the Everett True IP in the current year?

I did some genelogic research (it's effortless with digitized archives these days!), and it turns out that Condo's closest living relative is one G. Gilchrist from Nashville. Maybe we should contact him so the comic could be resurrected?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Today's Dogg

Dustin

Mandrake

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is guest written by Bud Grace.

I loved this.

Arlo and Janis

Arlo and Janis Classic (Jan. 12, 1995)

Garfield Classic (Jan. 12, 1985)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Nice edit

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Esplanade posted:

Is this by the Rip Haywire guy?

Yeah, Thompson apparently decided to start another strip. (The style he's using here reminds me a bit of Johnny Hart, only with actual details and stuff.)

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Pickles

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set doesn't like to share.

Working Daze does a loving "NOT" joke in TYOOL 2017.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix laughs at pain.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I wouldn't have expected Dustin to be the comic that would one day advocate for taking in the aspects of Bob Marley's work beyond "smoke weed" but sure, I approve. Whatever gets Ed up against the wall.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's the joke in Working Daze? Ugh.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Manuel Calavera posted:

That's the joke in Working Daze? Ugh.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Flash Gordon

1999 Spider-Man

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Slammy posted:

Archie (November, 1955, click for big)

Archie bringing a coat made of human flesh would probably fit right into a storyline in the new CW series.

Slammy posted:

Wee Pals (April, 1971, click for big)

That would actually be a pretty healthy meal, wouldn't it?

Slammy posted:

Richard's Poor Almanac (click for big)

I loved this one, especially that last panel.

I even liked that Rarebit and Andy Capp. Come to think of it, I liked a most of these! A particularly good bunch of comics today, Slammy! Thanks as always for posting these!

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

They are Native Americans, so of course they use drums to communicate and dance around the fire before any meeting.

Apartment 3-G

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Allegedly, so is Luann.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 9, 2017

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Cosmi-rod? Is that what they're calling it now? :awesome:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Johnny Walker posted:

Archie bringing a coat made of human flesh would probably fit right into a storyline in the new CW series.

My wife and I really like the new Riverdale show. We started watching it for nostalgia but did not have high hopes. It went off the rails, what-the-gently caress crazy almost immediately and it is awesome. Homeless Jughead whose dad is a gang member, Moose trying to hook up with token gay kid Kevin, Hermione Lodge and Archie's (both still married) dad maybe having a fling because Mr Lodge is in jail for white collar crime and Fred and Mary are separated, Archie sleeping with a MILF teacher who stole someone else's identity because of an abusive ex-husband, Betty's sister pregnant with Jason Blossom's child (who was murdered before the first episode, Jason, not the baby) but also stuck in a Christian mental hospital (except she just escaped by jumping out of a window), every adult on the show being a horrible, horrible person. It's beautiful and amazing. Also, Archie is struggling to choose between his love of music and his love of football (because he is buff as gently caress now).
We look forward to it almost as much as Supergirl every week.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Manuel Calavera posted:

These are still good edits.

Tina's Groove

I love how this thread has taught us, when in doubt about the punchline, it's always

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Finnish is a real language and definitely not an elaborate joke

-Where are you going?
-I'll make a quick visit to the store

or

-Where are you going?
-To the kippah owner's store

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set just wanted the attention.

Working Daze sits in the corner and thinks about what it's done.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix goes retro.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Working Daze is a shadow that casts itself.

quote:

Luann

omg i hate you so much you dumb comic strip character

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jerry Van Amerongen has been on a roll with the dog comics lately. Ballard Street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Esplanade posted:

I'd love it if the old horror comic artist could only teach Sara what he knows.

Fun story: When EC started doing these Bradbury adaptations, they decided to skip the hassle of securing the rights and paying Bradbury for the use of his stories. So when he found out about it, Bradbury sent them a letter saying he hadn't received his check yet but he was sure it was in the mail. They got the hint.

• Locked thread