Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Buying knockoffs is not illegal, though. They aren't even taken off Ebay, there's dudes with tens of thousands of feedback solely from selling knockoffs.

Other threads discuss KO's too. The Lego thread regularly discusses Lepin sets which are literally Lego sets with the lego name on the studs filed off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

wait for a reissue or non-OS KO of MP-10. MPP is just Too Big and you'll be frustrated by the scale compared to Takara releases, especially the upcoming Masterpiece Megatron.

Don't listen to this man MPP10 is the perfect standalone showpiece Optimus and anyone who remotely has a passing interest in a nice Optimus Prime should buy one.

Yeah his scale isn't right if you really give a poo poo about scale but if you give a poo poo about scale why are you buying into a toy line where there's a walkman that's bigger than a police car?

Full disclosure: I'm picking up a regular MP10 to display with my masterpiece guys because MPP10 is so loving baller he needs a shelf to himself.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I don't give a poo poo about altmode scale but when characters are interacting I want them to have a scale conducive to drama. If Optimus is significantly taller than Megatron, the whole exercise falls apart forever.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Captain Invictus posted:

The Lego thread regularly discusses Lepin sets which are literally Lego sets with the lego name on the studs filed off.

That seems like more trouble than it would be worth. Maybe if you used child labor.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MPP10 isn't too big, everything else is too small.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

History Comes Inside! posted:

ooooh

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

History Comes Inside! posted:

You might be on to something here.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Not a bad looking Jazz, either, except for the loving SEAM DOWN THE BUMPER wtf

e: seams down the shoulders and all the way down both legs too but somehow I can accept those, whereas I twitch at the bumper

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Bad enough that I can't fit Bumblebee in the back of Ironhide but if the jet mode can't fit Wheeljack in like so then it's not big enough, maaaaaan.

No compromise, even in the face of ginormous customs charges.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The eventual MP Astrotrain better be able to fit MP Devastator and all the decepticons inside.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Blackheart posted:

The eventual MP Astrotrain better be able to fit MP Devastator and all the decepticons inside.

OKO game escalates until we're all living in a 1:1 scale Takasa Tony brand Fort Max in some sort of terrible sitcom premise come to life.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Blaargh posted:

OKO game escalates until we're all living in a 1:1 scale Takasa Tony brand Fort Max in some sort of terrible sitcom premise come to life.

I call an apartment in the Shin Gun District

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
That's cool, I call dibs on the green chest window building. You are all welcome to visit, of course.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So since he's been showing up in stores here I got a Triggerhappy, and man I'm glad I did so since all the praise was 100% deserved. It's just one of these figures that does everything right. Overall I think Titan Return has been a pretty strong toyline with no real stinkers but Triggerhappy rises above the rest. The only other one that I'd say does this is Chromedome, and mean in the "does everything right" part: good transformation, flawless robot and vehicle. But Chromedome's always been kinda plain design wise, while Triggerhappy has the plus of looking friggin' awesome in both modes.

I think I said this before but a figure like this kinda justifies the whole line gimmick for me because having a little pilot for your starfighter makes it so much better and fun, it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining without the headmaster.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

DoctorWhat posted:

I don't give a poo poo about altmode scale but when characters are interacting I want them to have a scale conducive to drama. If Optimus is significantly taller than Megatron, the whole exercise falls apart forever.

Agreed for the most part, although Megatron being bigger than Optimus isn't much of a problem in comparison

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Blackheart posted:

So since he's been showing up in stores here I got a Triggerhappy, and man I'm glad I did so since all the praise was 100% deserved. It's just one of these figures that does everything right. Overall I think Titan Return has been a pretty strong toyline with no real stinkers but Triggerhappy rises above the rest. The only other one that I'd say does this is Chromedome, and mean in the "does everything right" part: good transformation, flawless robot and vehicle. But Chromedome's always been kinda plain design wise, while Triggerhappy has the plus of looking friggin' awesome in both modes.

I think I said this before but a figure like this kinda justifies the whole line gimmick for me because having a little pilot for your starfighter makes it so much better and fun, it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining without the headmaster.

I have yet to find Triggerhappy in stores! I really don't want to pay 28 bucks on Amazon for him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

I have yet to find Triggerhappy in stores! I really don't want to pay 28 bucks on Amazon for him.

Same. The prices have been dropping slowly so if they hit $20 on Amazon I'll pull the trigger as I have like $150 in Amazon certs right now.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

Agreed for the most part, although Megatron being bigger than Optimus isn't much of a problem in comparison

I totally agree. Bad guys can be fuckhuge, if they want!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just bought KO MP Ratchet for $33 shipped.

SUCK MY BALLS TAKARA.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

SUCK MY BALLS TAKARA.

This is v. rude

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I finally found TM Legends Wave of Gnaw at a Wal Mart today. Like 4 bees, 2 Gnaws, 2 Kickbacks. Grabbed a Gnaw and Kickback. Almost bought both Gnaws but that's not cool, not yet. Ought to let others have a chance. Also drove by HASBRO HQ AKA THE HOLY LAND when leaving Temple Games today where my Eldar Kill Team loving demolished some pre heresy Thousand Sons Marines. Oddly enough the Target on the same road as Hasbro had no real TF presence like most Targets.

I almost stopped at that Walmart again since the 40k book I ordered was late and thus I had a few bucks. But I don't want to keep others from Sharkticon goodness. Sharkticons are the right of all sentient dorks!

I'm being lazy about turning my PC on so the TITAN MASTER PARTY WAGON photos will probably be next week. It is magical though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

what's rude is my balls not being sucked

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

what's rude is my balls not being sucked

I do not believe that's in DTs job description.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

I do not believe that's in DTs job description.

He works for Hasbro and has nothing to do with the MP design and production. If we're lucky they dangle scraps at us and charge twice what they run in Japan.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

He works for Hasbro and has nothing to do with the MP design and production. If we're lucky they dangle scraps at us and charge twice what they run in Japan.

Ok

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

I've been trying to make my way through Season one of Transformers Prime. I never watched it before and now, the deeper into the season I'm getting, the more it feels like I'm walking through a swamp while wearing a heavy leather coat.

Every time I see Miko on the screen I start foaming at the mouth in an incoherent rage. This isn't an irrational response is it?

Does this show get better at any point? Should I just go back to watching Transformers Animated? Because I'd like that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

SUCK MY BALLS TAKARA.

Liiiiiiiiink it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I want it

https://mobile.twitter.com/emersontung/status/839345875440791553

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Heckie Holmes posted:

I've been trying to make my way through Season one of Transformers Prime. I never watched it before and now, the deeper into the season I'm getting, the more it feels like I'm walking through a swamp while wearing a heavy leather coat.

Every time I see Miko on the screen I start foaming at the mouth in an incoherent rage. This isn't an irrational response is it?

Does this show get better at any point? Should I just go back to watching Transformers Animated? Because I'd like that.

yeah sounds like you share the opinions of most of the thread, who never warmed up to the series and liked animated better, so do that.

I personally thought it was better than animated, but I was on board from early on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Invictus posted:

Liiiiiiiiink it

PMed you BRO

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ROTF Ransack was supposed to be one of these.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Heckie Holmes posted:

if you hate miko anywhere near that much you gotta look deep inside yourself and deal with some poo poo, tbh.

That being said, TFP is only any good once Beast Hunters starts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
TFP has the best Decepticon cast pretty much ever. Knockout is the BEST.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Heckie Holmes posted:

It gets a lot better in Season 2 overall, but I definitely agree that Animated is overall the better show(and probably the most consistent Transformers series in a positive quality way)

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

if you hate miko anywhere near that much you gotta look deep inside yourself and deal with some poo poo, tbh.

That being said, TFP is only any good once Beast Hunters starts.

B-but every time Prime and them have something important to do, she sneaks in. I'm certain she'd follow them on into the vacuum of space in the middle of a battle and wonder why everyone is telling her to take cover. I don't remember Spike and Sparkplug being this bothersome. Then again, I remember them being almost invited by Prime to join them in the vacuum of space, so maybe it has to do with manners.

Dear god I'm becoming an old man, aren't I? Am I gonna hafta tell people to get off my lawn?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Miko is the best non-Decepticon part of TFP

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

I can't believe that. I won't believe that...

Nothing can beat Special Agent Fowler.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

BZZZZZT

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

DoctorWhat posted:

She is a kid. Most of us as kids-teens would do pretty much the same goddamned stupid poo poo she did if transforming robot people from Space came to our planet to fight a secret war. poo poo most of us would probably do it NOW.

And Prime has the best Starscream I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Also for me the best part of Prime is lucking into a free Voyager Starscream due to the FoC Grimlock my parents got me in yankland having a wonky battery cover, bringing that to the anime con I was running games at the next weekend as a favour to a friend, realising the day before that Steve Blum was attending and doing a signing, and then, at the end of a ridiculous chain of waffle and ballsing out con staff telling me the queue was closed, getting the box signed before we nerded about G1 voice acting for so long that they kicked him out of his own signing room.

Good times.

Steve Blum, cool as gently caress robodude.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

yeah sounds like you share the opinions of most of the thread, who never warmed up to the series and liked animated better, so do that.

I personally thought it was better than animated, but I was on board from early on.
On the other hand I hated Miko at the start, but she does sort of figure poo poo out and realise that she's a squishy human around giant murderbots eventually.