Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
By the looks of it we are going to hit about 10b votes by the time the first round is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I think they have vastly underestimated the popularity of waifu-wars.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
got 1500 feathers, bitches.

now to never use it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Now I have enough feathers to promote someone to 5 stars. Any advice on who it should be?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I'm reminded how just two days ago some goons doubted me when I said Chrom was going to run over Alphonse like a train.

Not exactly those words but close enough.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I had hope for my boy Alfonse :(

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Now I have enough feathers to promote someone to 5 stars. Any advice on who it should be?

Your best units are Abel and Effie, they may not add the most to your team though since both Nowi and Catria are good blues. If you want a red then your options are CorrinM, who has a high stat total, or Eliwood/Roy who are both pretty specialized antigreen units. Roy's a bit more durable and Eliwood hits a bit harder. If you want a green then Anna is better than what your box is showing in that picture, but you already have Hector.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Check you unit's stats before any 5* promotion, but just based on character alone:
- Effie. She's a powerhouse and negates the speed skill entirely. The best stats are -sp/+res or -spd/+atk, otherwise promote...
- Abel. Destroyer of SORD LORD worlds. If he's +atk or + spd, all the better.
- Robin. Only if Takumi is giving you grief.
- Anna. If you have a couple more thousand feathers to spare and you want a more mobile axe user, her 5* version is well worth the investment. Even moreso if you can put Fury and Ardent Sacrifice on her come skill inheritance.

Don't promote any of those red units. Wait until you pull something better.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Honestly, with that lineup I would probably just save my feathers. You already have good units in every role and none of your 4* units really stand out as something you really need.

I guess upgrading Effie would get you higher arena scores because of her high stats.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Effie or Robin, probably neither unless you want to chase arena scores. If you do then Effie. Robin is only if you are impatient and are having traffic jam problems and need range damage to help a bit.

Honestly though just sit and wait.

Idk why anyone would ever promote Abel outside of fandom. Sharena is a better overall blue upgrade.

How's that Lilina treating you?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Again, if you plan to pull in the future, there's also an Effie banner coming soon, so only promote Effie if you aren't planning on using more orbs on that banner.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I was leaning towards Effie, but if the 5 *'s I do have are good enough already maybe I should hold out. On the other hand, is there any 4* that I could get that I don't have that I would want to upgrade?

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

I was leaning towards Effie, but if the 5 *'s I do have are good enough already maybe I should hold out. On the other hand, is there any 4* that I could get that I don't have that I would want to upgrade?

Not really, I think the best sword you could pull at 4* is Marth, and there are basically no greens or blues that you'd actually want that are going to come out of the gacha at less than 5*.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

akulanization posted:

Not really, I think the best sword you could pull at 4* is Marth, and there are basically no greens or blues that you'd actually want that are going to come out of the gacha at less than 5*.

The build-around characters like Tharja/Nino can come at lower ranks.

We also don't know what the skill inheriting will be like so it's a good idea to save feathers until that has been released.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Just faced a 4 dragon team in the arena. Weird. Makes me wish i Had lucina instead of Seliph though, would've been a bit easier, though Klein means im on the track for an easy 3k for the max feathers.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Wait, Eirika comes in a 4* version?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Wait, Eirika comes in a 4* version?

They added a 4* version of her when the sibling bond ended.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Today I learnt Galeforce doesn't need a kill to proc, because why would it it has an attack countdown. My streak :negative:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

i will probably regret this

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ostentatious posted:

:prepop:

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Ostentatious posted:

Well, at least she's not going to be doubled anytime soon.

Rascyc posted:

Effie or Robin, probably neither unless you want to chase arena scores. If you do then Effie. Robin is only if you are impatient and are having traffic jam problems and need range damage to Idk why anyone would ever promote Abel outside of fandom. Sharena is a better overall blue upgrade.
Able has a brave lance+sword breaker. This means that if he initiates on a sword dude (which is much easier thanks to having a horse) he will hit them 4 times. No sword person can survive this. In my experience (with a 5* mind you) most seem to have trouble with withstanding 2 hits.

Shareena may have overall more utility, but for the express purpose of killing sword people Able is better.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stephen9001 posted:

Able has a brave lance+sword breaker. This means that if he initiates on a sword dude (which is much easier thanks to having a horse) he will hit them 4 times. No sword person can survive this. In my experience (with a 5* mind you) most seem to have trouble with withstanding 2 hits.

Shareena may have overall more utility, but for the express purpose of killing sword people Able is better.

You really don't need that much sword-killing power though. Sharena will kill the sword users just fine while also providing more utility.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
So I got a DEf+/Res- Chrom, Spd+/Def- Lilina, and a Spd+/Res- Shanna. Any of them are good?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

How does instakilling Hector feel?

Andrast posted:

You really don't need that much sword-killing power though. Sharena will kill the sword users just fine while also providing more utility.

Brave and Cav also means he's amazing at killing Archers and Mages(of all colors, though much better against Blue and Red but the only green mage ive seen is Nino who dies to a stiff breeze)
It also means he can easily take out Red dragons, and helps a lot with blue dragons and Effie.
Personally I think being able to kill any one of half the characters in the game without taking any damage in return is more utility than minor stat buffs.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

What in the gently caress

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Spellman posted:

What in the gently caress

I was wondering why I wasn't getting any 5*s. It's because you loving took them all!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Nasgate posted:

How does instakilling Hector feel?

Brave and Cav also means he's amazing at killing Archers and Mages(of all colors, though much better against Blue and Red but the only green mage ive seen is Nino who dies to a stiff breeze)
It also means he can easily take out Red dragons, and helps a lot with blue dragons and Effie.
Personally I think being able to kill any one of half the characters in the game without taking any damage in return is more utility than minor stat buffs.

Even a +ATK Abel can't oneshot a (neutral) Takumi, who is the only relevant archer.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Andrast posted:

Even a +ATK Abel can't oneshot a (neutral) Takumi, who is the only relevant archer.

Yeah, but that's easy to work around and also lets you ignore his vengeance ability.

Minus1Minus1
Apr 26, 2004

Azula always lies
I'd been having fun grinding Gwendolyn and her Team of Stupid Idiots (3x Draug) in preparation for that lunatic armor quest, but I just couldn't bear the thought of having to over-level them to handle the blue knight. Tried a Hail Mary pull on green and got Sheena. Thanks, RNG.

Despite how long it's taking to get them set, it is pretty fun to watch four of these guys trundling about the map.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Minus1Minus1 posted:

I'd been having fun grinding Gwendolyn and her Team of Stupid Idiots (3x Draug) in preparation for that lunatic armor quest, but I just couldn't bear the thought of having to over-level them to handle the blue knight. Tried a Hail Mary pull on green and got Sheena. Thanks, RNG.

Despite how long it's taking to get them set, it is pretty fun to watch four of these guys trundling about the map.

As someone who has zero Armors I am mad at this post.
Though in retrospect I have a zillion cavalry and at least two of the flying units with Flyer specific buffs.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Which one is the good Tiki? I just got Naga's Voice :shrug:. Then I rolled Ephraim off the wrong banner :argh: How is he for a speardude? My only other good spear units are Peri and Able.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Nuebot posted:

Which one is the good Tiki? I just got Naga's Voice :shrug:. Then I rolled Ephraim off the wrong banner :argh: How is he for a speardude? My only other good spear units are Peri and Able.

Naga's Voice is the worse one

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

cheetah7071 posted:

Naga's Voice is the worse one

Bummer. Looking at my list of dudes I realize Roy is still my best red unit and inexplicably I have like twice as many blue and green units as I do reds. I think the game is loving with me. At least I have Nino. I should 5* her eventually.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Abel is one of the best spear users fortunately! He's real strong and a good friend of mine too.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Minus1Minus1 posted:

I did it with three level 1s and Hector; used a Light's Blessing so they'd all be alive at the end.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Okay so I've hoarded all the possible Gauntlet Flags from the missions, is there some skill to maximizing their use? Or do I just fart them out in succession and then split hairs with the remaining half-hourly flag?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Roger Explosion posted:

Okay so I've hoarded all the possible Gauntlet Flags from the missions, is there some skill to maximizing their use? Or do I just fart them out in succession and then split hairs with the remaining half-hourly flag?

Using them with the right character gives 11k per 100 instead of 10K.

I'm blowing all mine on this second round tie, as hopefully most people wasted theirs on the first round, and the final will have everyone mashed up together, so it's the best chance of a good ranking and my boy Ephraim needs help.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I've just been blowing them whenever but I'm also on team Lucina so it doesn't actually matter.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
「Coming Soon」3/9 11:00PM (PST) A new Grand Hero Battle is coming. Who is this woman filled with beauty and brutality...? #FEHeroes

@FEHeroes_News You will have a chance to get her as a 4★ Character. #FEHeroes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

「Coming Soon」3/9 11:00PM (PST) A new Grand Hero Battle is coming. Who is this woman filled with beauty and brutality...? #FEHeroes

@FEHeroes_News You will have a chance to get her as a 4★ Character. #FEHeroes

Thank loving god.

I'm tired of using these 3* Narcians and Robins to get a non-poo poo arena score.