Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Iron Crowned posted:

Someone's never had Better Cheddars

This guy gets it.

Edit:
New page content

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 11:12 on Mar 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Non Serviam posted:

How are you phobic of plants? What?
Can you please elaborate on this?

I get really uncomfortable if one touches my skin, like flowers leaves whatever. I wipe my hand on my clothes and stuff like I have to clear the contact off my skin. I'm better about fake ones but I still don't like it.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Opening a banana from the stem end in the lifehack thread?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I get really uncomfortable if one touches my skin, like flowers leaves whatever. I wipe my hand on my clothes and stuff like I have to clear the contact off my skin. I'm better about fake ones but I still don't like it.

Seriouspost: a cognitive behavioral therapist can help you with this.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Zipperelli. posted:

This guy gets it.

Edit:
New page content

This "hack" is one specifically designed to make people do stupid poo poo and make idiots of themselves.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And the egg would still be raw.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Extra soft-boiled at best.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I bet you like your steaks well done, too! :colbert:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

axolotl farmer posted:

Real life hack: know the difference between citric and ascorbic acid, and which one is actually an essential vitamin.

Ain't nobody got time for that. Just eat all the acids. All of them.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Hydrofluoric acid: The BONE-SEEKING Acid! (tm)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

#liebeckhacks

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

captainOrbital posted:

Hydrofluoric acid: The BONE-SEEKING Acid! (tm)

Fluoride makes your teeth stronger so it must make your bones stronger too! Life hack: swim in vats of hydrofluoric acid to get mega strong bones. The HF is a weak acid so it goes through skin painlessly unlike stronger acids like HCl that burn it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mustached Demon posted:

Fluoride makes your teeth stronger so it must make your bones stronger too! Life hack: swim in vats of hydrofluoric acid to get mega strong bones. The HF is a weak acid so it goes through skin painlessly unlike stronger acids like HCl that burn it.

Thanks a lot, I did this and now I'm supervillain Toothface.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Alternative lifehack, grow up to well off parents who grew up poor themselves. That way you can have the message use it or lose it engrained in your head. Like when your mom asked you and your siblings for money because she binge spent all the money again.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Well alright mom, but finish your chores first.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Just a quick tool change and you're all set up for making donuts.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Bah, a real lifehack is using a tissue homogenizer.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Lft51kJdDxc

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

1redflag posted:

I bet you like your steaks well done, too! :colbert:

all steaks will be well done in Trump's america

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Low Desert Punk posted:

all steaks will be well done in Trump's america

We did NOT elect PCOS Bill.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

does this mean you could use a variable-speed dremel as a hand mixer?? asking for a friend

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

The Snoo posted:

does this mean you could use a variable-speed dremel as a hand mixer?? asking for a friend

As long as the chuck will accommodate your mixing tool, yeah you're good. Some people use power drills for mixing difficult recipes. Cheaper than a stand mixer, much stronger than a typical hand mixer.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

pienipple posted:

As long as the chuck will accommodate your mixing tool, yeah you're good. Some people use power drills for mixing difficult recipes. Cheaper than a stand mixer, much stronger than a typical hand mixer.

Drills are different than Dremels, though.

The Dremel’s thing is high speed, low torque.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

it'd probably work well for stuff like eggs or whipped cream, at least. :unsmith:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Snoo posted:

it'd probably work well for stuff like eggs or whipped cream, at least. :unsmith:

The Snoo’s home, seconds later:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I read a cola flavoring syrup recipe which used a drill to mix essential oils and gum arabic.
that seemed to me like the only good place to do that.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Platystemon posted:

Drills are different than Dremels, though.

The Dremel’s thing is high speed, low torque.

Yeah a dremel would work for soft stuff but would probably choke on whipping marshmallow.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tea #hacked!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Lifehacks are bad. Otherwise they'd just be "That thing we all do."

THAT SEEMS SAFE.

What is this lifehacking?!

Or just, you know, turn the tape on itself a little bit.

Why do you own pool noodles and why are you destroying them for your boots?

Seriously. I have to explain the many reasons why this is a bad idea? :psyduck:

Self-own, Lifehack.

Now clean your kid's skidmark off your laundry basket instead of actually being there with your child to help with their toys.

In case you don't have scissors, a knife, or teeth.

quote:

Bad idea, said Robert N. Renkes, executive vice president and general counsel for the Petroleum Equipment Institute, a trade association for people involved in handling petroleum.

The danger of the gas cap fix, Renkes said, comes from the risk of a fuel spillover. The hold-open clips snap shut once the tank is full. But a jammed gas cap stays in place, even if the tank is full — and though the nozzle should automatically turn off the flow of gas anyway once the tank is full, it’s possible that the fuel sensor may fail. If the gas cap keeps holding open the trigger, the gas will keep pumping, possibly until it spills over onto the side of the car and pools on the ground

"Lifehack has no meaning. Here's proof."

Zesty has a new favorite as of 06:27 on Mar 10, 2017

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Greeeeat, here we go with the whole "my gas station has the little metal piece in the handle" "It's illegal where I'm at" "Some do some don't here" derail. Last time it was 3 pages. Can we beat it?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zipperelli. posted:

Greeeeat, here we go with the whole "my gas station has the little metal piece in the handle" "It's illegal where I'm at" "Some do some don't here" derail. Last time it was 3 pages. Can we beat it?

You forgot “but there’s a little metal piece in that handle!”

It has the pawl but not the rack.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Platystemon posted:

You forgot “but there’s a little metal piece in that handle!”

It has the pawl but not the rack.

Lookit you with your ten dollar words. You too fancy now to say falooter and dingle?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

I live in Massachusetts, where the clips were only made legal a few years ago. It's a pleasant surprise to see one on a handle because a lot of places still don't have them.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Why do you own pool noodles and why are you destroying them for your boots?

you can buy a pool noodle for a dollar at Dollar Tree, they're not loving high-priced esoteric articles that must be quested for and then protected for their inherent worth

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
where we have separate hot and cold water taps so infected miasma from boiled decaying rat in the inexpertly sealed heater vats in the attics (why the gently caress don't you seal them you gotta be leaking megajoules through there, straight out the roof for no goddamn reason) of some idiots eg half the loving country don't surge back into the communal freshwater system if there's a pressure drop, so now we have an icewater tap and a lava tap, and if you want "clement" you will have to fill the sink or try to painfully splash one onto the other screaming wildly.

Back up we're in hack country.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Karate Bastard posted:

where we have separate hot and cold water taps so infected miasma from boiled decaying rat in the inexpertly sealed heater vats in the attics (why the gently caress don't you seal them you gotta be leaking megajoules through there, straight out the roof for no goddamn reason) of some idiots eg half the loving country don't surge back into the communal freshwater system if there's a pressure drop, so now we have an icewater tap and a lava tap, and if you want "clement" you will have to fill the sink or try to painfully splash one onto the other screaming wildly.

Back up we're in hack country.

Just buy a goddamn mixer tap?

Pretty much everywhere in the world that has hot and cold running water has them in different pipes. They get combined into one stream at the tap.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Zipperelli. posted:

Someone pumps my gas for me and I never have to leave the car. life HACKED

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Jabor posted:

Pretty much everywhere in the world that has hot and cold running water has them in different pipes. They get combined into one stream at the tap.

If your hot water is contaminated, then you wouldn't want it passing through the same faucet as the cold water you use for drinking. Otherwise your glass of cold water may be contaminated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Jabor posted:

not if you're keeping your water in an attic tank, you don't. for just the reason KB lists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfHgUu_8KgA