Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Does access to the PvP arena carry over on NG cycles, or do I have to open it each time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Use the Dragonslayer Armour bonfire and run to the elevator from there.

Thanks, I forgot about that one since I went and did DLC stuff for a while.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

Finally platted! Had to farm grass and proofs which was hell, but Ng+ and ++ victory laps for rings were kind of fun due to slumbering dragoncrest and hidden body being basically god mode. I kept getting invaded and doing the whole level without waking up any monsters while the invader didn't know what the hell was happening until I activated the boss.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Never mind. A random got me.

HaB fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Mar 8, 2017

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I've been using a pike in one hand and an axe in the other since I never use either. Pikes are actually pretty neat. I hardly use spears because I feel like it's full length is never used. They end up feeling much shorter than they look. Pikes actually reach out and touch things from a safe distance. Also the Lothric Long Lance or w/e looks super dope and gives some poise (actually useful now I hear). I haven't come across the dreaded parry spammer in pvp so far but I've fared pretty well the the lance and a brigand axe in my other hand for most comers. The pike's running and backstep attacks are good for catching people.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
Chameleon is my new favorite way to deal with invaders. Pretty amazing how long they will run around looking for you.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

hanales posted:

Yeah when I went +2 on the irthyll straight sword it slowed way down. Stay at +1/+3 weapons and that 30-32 sweet spot for fastest pulls.

SL 45 / +4 is a pretty interesting range because you can invade Crucifixtion Wood all the way on up to Anor Londo/Irithyll Dungeon.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Weeping Wound posted:

SL 45 / +4 is a pretty interesting range because you can invade Crucifixtion Wood all the way on up to Anor Londo/Irithyll Dungeon.

Oh totally. I'm just talking about for farron watchers covenant.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

HaB posted:

Chameleon is my new favorite way to deal with invaders. Pretty amazing how long they will run around looking for you.

i'm a complete loving idiot so i'll run around the whole drat 18 times never finding you until you get bored and hit the boss. this has happened to me at least ten times

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I have never, ever fooled an invader with a white branch.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
I've only found a few areas where the lighting is right. The best luck I've had was hanging out with groups of other crosses in the crucifixion woods.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

New Concept Hole posted:

They'll let you make a thread about any depraved act these days.

Gives me conniptions.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Inspector_666 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ecS0yKnNLA

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

hampig posted:

I've only found a few areas where the lighting is right. The best luck I've had was hanging out with groups of other crosses in the crucifixion woods.

That's a good spot. Some people do eventually get bored and start smashing all the crosses, but it's rare.

I did one last night just below the 2nd bonfire in High Wall. It should have been really obvious but he never caught it. Dude in full Spiked Armor with a Black Knight Halberd. Chameleon turned me into one of those kneeling, hooded lady statues holding a lit candle, and the place I did it was on that little platform right before you get to the Pus of Man on the roof. There are no statues there at all, so I figured he would catch me, but nope. I was just reading things on my phone while I sat there, figuring that if he was smart enough to spot me, he could have the kill. He ran around for a good 5-6 minutes trying to find me. I was waving at the TV as he ran by each time.

I moved inside and turned into a barrel, but that seemed even more obvious since it was a dark room, and you could still see the ember particle effects coming from me, but he ran past 2 more times before he crystaled out.

I'm sure he wondered wtf was happening because I hadn't really killed anything, favoring Hidden Body/Slumbering DC ring to get around.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

This is great

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Inspector_666 posted:

That's the problem. Most invaders are very experienced and chances are whatever area they invade you in, they know the layout like the back of their hand because they've spent hours invading people in it.

They will find even the slightest thing off.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
^^^it depends. I invade a lot and yeah, you're probably not going to get away with chameleoning around Aldrich's playground, but some areas are just super cluttered or big enough (Cathedral, Dungeon) that a host who's deliberately trying to hide from you can keep you guessing quite a while. Obscuring Ring helps a lot, it's extremely frustrating to try and chase down someone wearing it.

Looks like Famitsu will have a feature on Ringed City tomorrow

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201703/07128457.html

skasion fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Mar 8, 2017

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

hampig posted:

Someone very nearly got me with this - I just barely caught sight of them near the ladder down to Farron Keep - had I not heard the disguise sound and assumed they couldn't have gotten far, I would have never guessed they were disguised as a cross just outside of the bonfire room.

Another time I invaded a host and phantom in Farron Keep and saw their health bars briefly upon zone in, but then proceeded to run around for like 20 minutes without finding them. I still cannot fathom where they were hiding or what they might have disguised as.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Someone very nearly got me with this - I just barely caught sight of them near the ladder down to Farron Keep - had I not heard the disguise sound and assumed they couldn't have gotten far, I would have never guessed they were disguised as a cross just outside of the bonfire room.

Another time I invaded a host and phantom in Farron Keep and saw their health bars briefly upon zone in, but then proceeded to run around for like 20 minutes without finding them. I still cannot fathom where they were hiding or what they might have disguised as.

Man I just don't have the patience for that. If I don't locate a target within like 3 minutes I usually crystal out.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Captioned HD images from Famitsu are here

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

Oxyclean posted:

My guess would be obscuring ring and actually staying away from you instead of just being parked in one spot.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

hampig posted:

My guess would be obscuring ring and actually staying away from you instead of just being parked in one spot.

But if I'm wearing the obscuring ring also how does he stay away?

:iiam:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

skasion posted:

Captioned HD images from Famitsu are here

I want both of those fire swords so badly. I love swords that are also on fire.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Holy poo poo those Ringed City screenshots look great.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah the variety looks great. a nice change from... snow levels

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I can't wait for the patch notes :getin:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
A few days ago I got invaded by two people in bell tower luna. Used a silver talisman, which turned me into a bunch of barrels, hid right next to the hole at the bottom of the stairs. they both left eventually

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just defeated champion gundyr for the first time on my weak bad unoptimized pyro using a raw axe and i feel like a god of loving war

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Tollymain posted:

just defeated champion gundyr for the first time on my weak bad unoptimized pyro using a raw axe and i feel like a god of loving war

:black101:

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

spit on my clit posted:

A few days ago I got invaded by two people in bell tower luna. Used a silver talisman, which turned me into a bunch of barrels, hid right next to the hole at the bottom of the stairs. they both left eventually

I trolled Bellbros by using chameleon to turn into a sconce and hang out just past the entrance, behind the door. People would open the door and step out for a looksee just to get force blasted into the air.

Trespassers I'd turn into barrels and hang out next to the other explosive barrels. If I had a fellow bro I'd wait for the fight to come near before exploding onto the scene.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

I don't understand how this even happens with the belfry being such a small area that an entire covenant is dedicated to invading you into, but I have multiple chameleon victories there

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Don't unplug your headset while standing on a cliff.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Im not really sure what the point of hiding is. My favorite past time in belfry was going in compleatly min maxed and murdering the invaders on my own. In 3 i use the blue cop covenant and turn on the dried finger while i play so i can bully the invaders

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's something you can do if you don't like pvp, and it's also really hilarious when people run by you for some reason. I get a rush from somebody running by me when I'm a box. Being a box feels amazing in general. It's the only way I can experience prophunt, the best mod, since I stopped playing TF2.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

One of the Namco-Bandai reps is hell of responsive on Reddit and threw up a ton of HD images from that Ringed City deal from Famitsu http://imgur.com/a/A6diD

and translations to boot! :q:

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Weeping Wound posted:

One of the Namco-Bandai reps is hell of responsive on Reddit and threw up a ton of HD images from that Ringed City deal from Famitsu http://imgur.com/a/A6diD

and translations to boot! :q:

Bout halfway up this same page, duder.

So I have started a "pure" Pyro build. Pure in the sense that I will be solving my problems with FIRE. Took the Fire Gem as a starting gift, and am currently running around with a Fire Hand Axe, Pyro Flame in left hand. gently caress a shield - because FIRE.

Need suggestions on an alternative for the few Fire Resistant enemies in the game, Since those are the problems which can't be readily solved with FIRE. I am using base stats for Str/Dex and would prefer to stay there if possible, but I don't mind spending a point or two here and there for something really good.

Was thinking of a Nailbat maybe? for Bleed? Carthus Rouge and Nailbat? I already have a nailbat, too!

Also: FIRE. FIRE FIRE FIRE.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Enjoy doing the old demon king pure Pyro

Imagine my face when I beat him on my twentieth try (more??!) and discovered he was an optional boss
:smithicide:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

^^^You can either leave him until after you get Black Fireball or else try Boulder Heave spam. Pretty risky since you have to be right in his grill to hit with it, but it's solid physical damage.

HaB posted:

Bout halfway up this same page, duder.

So I have started a "pure" Pyro build. Pure in the sense that I will be solving my problems with FIRE. Took the Fire Gem as a starting gift, and am currently running around with a Fire Hand Axe, Pyro Flame in left hand. gently caress a shield - because FIRE.

Need suggestions on an alternative for the few Fire Resistant enemies in the game, Since those are the problems which can't be readily solved with FIRE. I am using base stats for Str/Dex and would prefer to stay there if possible, but I don't mind spending a point or two here and there for something really good.

Was thinking of a Nailbat maybe? for Bleed? Carthus Rouge and Nailbat? I already have a nailbat, too!

Also: FIRE. FIRE FIRE FIRE.

Rush down to Irithyll Dungeon and grab Black Fireball. That's basically the only reason for it to exist since it's outclassed for damage by GCFO/CBV, both of which you can get earlier. However both those spells are great, so it's still quite strong. One of the really nice things about pyromancy is that you're not waiting almost the whole game to get your top tier spells, by the time you get to Irithyll you have everything you need to beat the game and what you get after that is support spells, off-type damage, and Rapport.

Bleed weapons are never a bad idea though.

skasion fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Mar 9, 2017

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

skasion posted:

^^^You can either leave him until after you get Black Fireball or else try Boulder Heave spam. Pretty risky since you have to be right in his grill to hit with it, but it's solid physical damage.

Rush down to Irithyll Dungeon and grab Black Fireball. That's basically the only reason for it to exist since it's outclassed for damage by GCFO/CBV, both of which you can get earlier. However both those spells are great, so it's still quite strong. One of the really nice things about pyromancy is that you're not waiting almost the whole game to get your top tier spells, by the time you get to Irithyll you have everything you need to beat the game and what you get after that is support spells, off-type damage, and Rapport.

Bleed weapons are never a bad idea though.

So is the damage type for all the Black pyros Dark? If so....maybe I can stay relatively "pure" then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

HaB posted:

So is the damage type for all the Black pyros Dark? If so....maybe I can stay relatively "pure" then.

Yep. Only real issue is that you need to rescue the witch from Irythyll dungeon before you have access to it as a pyro.