Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
A major newspaper here in Italy has started to do that dumb "you can only read ten articles per month for free, click here and pay us money if you want more" on its website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Mikl posted:

A major newspaper here in Italy has started to do that dumb "you can only read ten articles per month for free, click here and pay us money if you want more" on its website.

They probably track it by cookies, if so deleting cookies and reloading the page when you hit the paywall should reset everything. Should.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Helith posted:

They probably track it by cookies, if so deleting cookies and reloading the page when you hit the paywall should reset everything. Should.

Also there's a weird glitch with some news websites where if you Google the article name and click the link from Google it just works regardless of how many you've read. Or at least there was, I haven't tried it too recently.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Doesn't incognito mode disable cookies? Haven't tried it, but seems worth a shot.

Usually if a website has a limited number of articles I just find it somewhere else, very few news sites really have unique things to report anymore.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Dr Christmas posted:

High winds in my area knocked out the power this afternoon. It went from a brownout at 2 or 3 to blackout between 5 and 6. Still no power.

Seeing streets so close by that aren't affected makes me feel like I'm being mocked.

It's noon and the power is still out, and DTE energy's hotline is still playing yesterday's message, saying that we're currently experiencing high winds until 8 PM tonight (last night) and estimates will be unavailable until later tomorrow (today) morning.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Another trick for a lot of websites that have paywalls; if it's just an element that covers the screen and blocks your view (and doesn't actually force you off the page), a lot of the time you can set up custom adblock scripts and just remove the element that's blocking your view. Just right-click on it and attempt to block it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

yeah right click->block element is a pretty awesome feature and I use it all the time

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I sliced the tip of my right middle finger cooking, now browsing the internet is kind of annoying

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I was having a bad day and an internet stranger noticed and talked to me.
Mostly I just needed to vent and I really appreciated them reaching out.

But then it made me realize how few friends I have left now that everyone is off living their lives.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
The people who moved in above me who randomly hammer drill for only a second at random hours (including middle of the night) for the past 6 months or so? Well on Sunday they were using some floor buffer or chainsaw that woke me the gently caress up at 9am (Sunday-sleep in late). And Sunday is the Quiet Day (can't do any construction), and they get paperwork that says this. Well and they obviously ignore the Quiet Hours/days, and they still just bzzzzzt for 1 second randomly at random hours. 4:23 AM? BZZZZT! 8:23 PM? BZZZZT! (can't do construction past 5 pm).

Here's the good part.

I went to dinner tonight and ate some oysters, and they did not sit well with me. So I was vomiting in my bathroom. THEY BANGED ON THE FLOOR. And not a 'eh maybe something fell' type of banging, this was intentional. It was 5-6 bangs, in the bathroom above me. They were timed so there is no way it's something that fell, and also due to the architecure of the building, they were absolutely intentional. HOW DARE SOMEONE VOMIT WHILE I THINK ITS TOTALLY COOL TO DRILL AT 3 IN THE MORNING

I never submitted a complaint regarding the drilling because I am really not that type of person to submit complaints, but this is like... wtf. I tried to hit my toilet brush onto the ceiling in between vomits, but of course that's super quiet compared to whatever they were smashing their floor with.

e: THEY JUST STARTED HAMMERING (nail and hammer, not the drill. yet.). IT IS 10PM

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 05:23 on Mar 10, 2017

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I once lived in an apartment where the guys above us had a halfpipe in their living room and would skateboard all the time.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Leavemywife posted:

I once lived in an apartment where the guys above us had a halfpipe in their living room and would skateboard all the time.

I dunno, being angry at someone being sick is pretty bad and imo not worthy of banging on the floor.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Thin Privilege posted:

I dunno, being angry at someone being sick is pretty bad and imo not worthy of banging on the floor.

Oh, definitely not. Your post just reminded me of that. In hindsight, I have no idea why I actually posted about it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Vomit through their mail slot.

Or be mature and knock on their door, and tell them to quit doing whatever it is their doing. Then start filing complaints/filling their keyhole with superglue if they keep doing it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If they're gonna pitch a fit about the vomiting I'd start with the keyhole glue first.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Thin Privilege posted:

The people who moved in above me who randomly hammer drill for only a second at random hours (including middle of the night) for the past 6 months or so? Well on Sunday they were using some floor buffer or chainsaw that woke me the gently caress up at 9am (Sunday-sleep in late). And Sunday is the Quiet Day (can't do any construction), and they get paperwork that says this. Well and they obviously ignore the Quiet Hours/days, and they still just bzzzzzt for 1 second randomly at random hours. 4:23 AM? BZZZZT! 8:23 PM? BZZZZT! (can't do construction past 5 pm).

Here's the good part.

I went to dinner tonight and ate some oysters, and they did not sit well with me. So I was vomiting in my bathroom. THEY BANGED ON THE FLOOR. And not a 'eh maybe something fell' type of banging, this was intentional. It was 5-6 bangs, in the bathroom above me. They were timed so there is no way it's something that fell, and also due to the architecure of the building, they were absolutely intentional. HOW DARE SOMEONE VOMIT WHILE I THINK ITS TOTALLY COOL TO DRILL AT 3 IN THE MORNING

I never submitted a complaint regarding the drilling because I am really not that type of person to submit complaints, but this is like... wtf. I tried to hit my toilet brush onto the ceiling in between vomits, but of course that's super quiet compared to whatever they were smashing their floor with.

e: THEY JUST STARTED HAMMERING (nail and hammer, not the drill. yet.). IT IS 10PM

:( :( :(

also I found a big, dead, soggy spider in the kale we bought. gross

Gitro
May 29, 2013
My fridge preserved these bananas far too well and I still can't make a delicious desert with them.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I have been sick for two weeks. My major symptoms are gone, but I've had a range of headache from small to migraine for the past five days. What the hell. I feel like I'm hungover constantly.

And I bought the latest Kindle Fire HD 8 since my first-generation one finally twitched frequently enough to be annoying. But the new one has so many strange features! Recommendations and notifications you can't turn off. No indicator light to say if it's charging or full battery when plugged in. Lots of stupid apps I can't delete. UGH.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Who knew this would be the future we live in; one where we need to jailbreak our books.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'd pre-ordered a comic book (print edition of a webcomic) months back, and I've been waiting for shipment since.

Of loving course, I get the e-mail notification that it's been shipped right as I arrive abroad for a two-week business trip, so there'll be no one home to get the package from DHL. Meaning I will at the very least have to go pick it up myself when I go back, or possibly that it'll get sent back.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
My phone case is in tatters and I don't really want to replace it, but it's weird as hell using it without one.

I should've done more uni work today but I've been feeling kind of tired so I just listened to a lecture and stared at a group thing for a bit.

For some reason I decided to just leave my chef's knife blade up while scrubbing my chopping board so of course I rammed my idiot finger into it. Now I have a cut at the tip of my ring finer and it stings and made doing the dishes a pain.

Gitro has a new favorite as of 11:20 on Mar 14, 2017

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Thin Privilege posted:

I got a job! And it isn't retail! :woop:

But it's only two days a week :negative:

So I'll have to find a second job :negative: :negative:

Also the art exhibition I was in never paid me what they were supposed to pay me.

I got a second non-retail job! :woop:

I also found out that the art exhibition is going to pay me next month!

I have no idea why things are going well, just watch, something bad will happen soon :ohdear:

gonna x post this cause this is a complainy thread.

complaint: I am going through my eight, yes EIGHT hard drives, most of which I bought when I was drinking and just dumped files into them so it's a complete and utter mess, and there are so many duplicates. It is exhausting and horrible and time-consuming. I'm currently only doing this for a separate project, so I'm only looking for certain things. I will later be working on my art portfolio so I'll have to go through these again, and another problem with that is that I don't even remember what type of works I've made in the past so I will have to look at every single file. Even now I've found amazing projects and I'm like, "wow I made that?"

Gitro
May 29, 2013
All I really want to do is work, play games and sleep and I can't do any of those things right now.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My box of live animals was not delivered today because the chucklefuck who sent it didn't put the complete address label on the box; he was missing a line from it. The Paypal info even says the address is not confirmed, and I gave him my number in case there were any issues, but he didn't contact me. So now the box is being sent back, the fish inside are all dead, and I am arguing with the sender because he insists he only sent to the address I provided (ignoring the emails and other notes about the full address).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't decide to rent a house in a quiet neighborhood or a slick apartment with a good amount of amenities.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 04:03 on Mar 17, 2017

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I ordered the second smallest uniform shirt possible and it's still way too big, it's hot, the pants are comfy but slightly too long and it's absolutely not pants weather and the left ear of my headphones doesn't work unless I hold the chord in a very specific way. I haven't had time to do laundry since the uniform arrived so it has a plasticy-new sort of smell and I hate it. I'm feeling super self conscious.

This is rear end.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
One of my New Year's resolutions this year was to finish a new book every month (have a bunch then got a bunch more for free after a friend moved overseas) and I'm behind schedule on my book for this month and really want to just sit on my rear end and post/play video games but I gotta read instead :negative:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

C-Euro posted:

One of my New Year's resolutions this year was to finish a new book every month (have a bunch then got a bunch more for free after a friend moved overseas) and I'm behind schedule on my book for this month and really want to just sit on my rear end and post/play video games but I gotta read instead :negative:

The solution is, read easier books. You could slam through an Animorphs novel in a night

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cowslips Warren posted:

My box of live animals was not delivered today because the chucklefuck who sent it didn't put the complete address label on the box; he was missing a line from it. The Paypal info even says the address is not confirmed, and I gave him my number in case there were any issues, but he didn't contact me. So now the box is being sent back, the fish inside are all dead, and I am arguing with the sender because he insists he only sent to the address I provided (ignoring the emails and other notes about the full address).

Nobody wants to send to anything but exactly what PayPal says because they lose all buyer protections if they do.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Guy Goodbody posted:

The solution is, read easier books. You could slam through an Animorphs novel in a night

I did Slaughterhouse Five last month which is super short so I didn't feel like doing an easy read this month. I have a Grisham book right now which moves at a decent clip, it just hasn't hooked me lately.

My stretch goal for this resolution is to get far enough ahead of schedule that I can take down my friend's copy of Infinite Jest at the end of the year :shepface:

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

C-Euro posted:

I did Slaughterhouse Five last month which is super short so I didn't feel like doing an easy read this month. I have a Grisham book right now which moves at a decent clip, it just hasn't hooked me lately.

My stretch goal for this resolution is to get far enough ahead of schedule that I can take down my friend's copy of Infinite Jest at the end of the year :shepface:

Yeah good luck with that.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
The past couple of weeks people in my group have brought in really nice snacks and I've eaten far too much during the tutorial. Gonna wind up filling out this shirt if they keep it up.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Nobody wants to send to anything but exactly what PayPal says because they lose all buyer protections if they do.

Jackass still could have contacted be BEFORE shipping live animals in 93* weather when I specifically told him it was going to my work, and amazingly enough the business name is missing from the label.

FWP: Animal rescue I work with just got, after months of begging and social media work, got a sedan donated to them. Within a loving day the director was back to blasting and begging for help for a SUV or a full van because while the sedan is nice, it's not big enough. Bitch, this is the second car the rescue has been given in a year! The first was "too expensive to repair" and don't lie, this new one is just for your personal use! Stop begging for poo poo while the new donation paperwork is still wet!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm going to a 12 hour endurance thing tonight but it's going to be cold so I don't want to do it.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
My sleep schedule is all out of whack because I'm sick. I'm constantly exhausted, but I can't stay asleep too long because breathing is hard. :saddowns: My nose and sinuses are stuffed up, but blowing my nose does nothing and taking medicine isn't helping. Sometimes my sinuses feel simultaneously dried out and full of wet rags. It's terrible. I'm also getting dehydrated despite having a ton of water and juice and tea, so I keep drinking more liquids which means waking up having to pee..

And now there's construction going on down the hall. :sigh:

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I bought a shawarma for lunch, but the second I unwrapped it, the pita disintegrated and the contents spilled everywhere. Now I have to eat the pile of mush with a fork.

Also, I went to the mall on my lunch break to try to find a shirt/some swag for St. Patrick's Day since we are going out tonignt, and there was literally none to be found!

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
My tits hurt

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Gloryhold It! posted:

My tits hurt

Get a better fitting bra.

My FWP is that training is boring, and after it's done I still have an entire hour of work left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Thin Privilege posted:

Here's the good part.

You need to confront them and find out what they're actually doing so this thread can have closure.

Gloryhold It! posted:

My tits hurt
Congrats, you're pregnant.