Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
But, guys, it was a very special episode of Arrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Phylodox posted:

But, guys, it was a very special episode of Arrow!
well yeah

every other episode is good

this one is special by deviating from that and being poo poo

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Arrow's taken the "bland villain with no clear goal" issue from Flash, and Flash is stuck on "the good guys are spinning their wheels because they don't know what to do", but the individual episodes have been mostly fine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Fine"

:tif:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tiggum posted:

Arrow's taken the "bland villain with no clear goal" issue from Flash, and Flash is stuck on "the good guys are spinning their wheels because they don't know what to do", but the individual episodes have been mostly fine.

How many episodes has Flash had about saving Iris from Savitar? Like the last 8? And that's all, there's almost no other plot. At least Arrow has a main plot each episode and the Prometheus/Vigilante stuff is secondary to it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do you think Savitar would be happy if they gave him Felicity instead of Iris?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ollie should introduce the Green Arrow's non-cop-killing-but-otherwise-similar friend the Blue Arrow.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Just have Speedy do it. I liked her better than Ollie most of the time anyway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Roy's going to end up being Vigilante right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

So Roy's going to end up being Vigilante right?

With that comment that he's going to run into next season, it does seem likely they're either hoping to make him someone that maybe they can't get back just yet, or making him someone significant so they don't want to "waste" that reveal in the middle of another storyline.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
They're going to stretch out the Vigilante storyline until David Mazouz grows up enough to fit the costume.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Phylodox posted:

They're going to stretch out the Vigilante storyline until David Mazouz grows up enough to fit the costume.

I would approve of this.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's gonna be Dick or Jason. Time to add bat family members into the show!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

twistedmentat posted:

It's gonna be Dick or Jason. Time to add bat family members into the show!

Dick once used the "foul, scorched taste" of Oliver Queen's chili to defeat an alternate reality, godlike Batman.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

kill his wife, Ollie

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think he'll kill her himself.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!
I'll go confront him in public and get him to reveal himself, but I won't bring a recording device so there won't be any evidence, ta-daa!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Chase does make for a delightful psycho

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

RKO outta nowhere

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kilson posted:

I'll go confront him in public and get him to reveal himself, but I won't bring a recording device so there won't be any evidence, ta-daa!

I mean, he was planning to kill him here, not expose him.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

They'll have to bring Nyssa back to kill her sister.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I did like Anatoly making GBS threads on Oliver's superhero stylings.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I mean I know Barry is busy with a speedster god but maybe give him a call and have him search the city or something?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This seems like a situation you'd like to have a team of time traveling friends.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
That fight scene between Adrian and Ollie was legitimately one of the best fight scenes in the past three seasons. Finally someone realized that fighting in an open warehouse or on a rooftop or on a parking lot is not interesting to watch. Give me two really angry people lunging at each other and breaking shelves and punching each other through walls. It was like 30 seconds long and it was the best we've gotten in a long time.

The actor who plays Chase is pulling off a serious Flash Season 2 Zoom vibe. Once that actor was finally able to let loose cause it was known that he was the villain he became so much better. This actor is still really good when he was just Chase, but now that he's allowed to chew the scenery as the villain, he is chewing the hell out of the scenery and I love it.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Sir Potato posted:

That fight scene between Adrian and Ollie was legitimately one of the best fight scenes in the past three seasons. Finally someone realized that fighting in an open warehouse or on a rooftop or on a parking lot is not interesting to watch. Give me two really angry people lunging at each other and breaking shelves and punching each other through walls. It was like 30 seconds long and it was the best we've gotten in a long time.

The actor who plays Chase is pulling off a serious Flash Season 2 Zoom vibe. Once that actor was finally able to let loose cause it was known that he was the villain he became so much better. This actor is still really good when he was just Chase, but now that he's allowed to chew the scenery as the villain, he is chewing the hell out of the scenery and I love it.

Also, they have done a decent job of pointing out that hand to hand, Ollie is good but not untouchable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chase continuing to do his day job with everything in the open is great.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Do audio recorders not exist in this city?

I mean, there was enough under the breath posturing in this episode to put chase away forever. Batman Returns his rear end.

The whole "don't arrest me if you want to see Oliver again" should have been bluff called. They know they'll get a lead on Oliver and they need to remove Chase from the board to regain any control over the situation.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

I mean, he was planning to kill him here, not expose him.

Except he said right after that he wasn't going to kill him.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Sir Potato posted:

I just love the fact that the only other role I know him as is Billy from the EMT based comedy Sirens. He was my favorite character in that show because he was so dumb but kind. This is a 180 degree flip from that character.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Chase continuing to do his day job with everything in the open is great.

Yes, him wanting Rene to still turn in his reports was great.

Man, I loved this episode. This season continues to fire on all cylinders.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kilson posted:

Except he said right after that he wasn't going to kill him.

Wait, you mean Chase?

He doesn't seem to be planning on exposing Ollie either.

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

No, Oliver. He shot an arrow at Chase's car, then they started talking and he said he wasn't going to kill Chase. Right? Did I miss something there? It's very possible I wasn't paying super close attention.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oliver wants to kill him. He couldn't at first because he had Susan.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I hope that since Adrian Chase isn't his real name that Vigilante is actually the real Adrian Chase. But Vigilante is totally Bratva Captain number 3 on Ollie's team in the flashbacks.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I hope that since Adrian Chase isn't his real name that Vigilante is actually the real Adrian Chase. But Vigilante is totally Bratva Captain number 3 on Ollie's team in the flashbacks.

That would be an amazing clusterfuck. I like it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Vigilante is Earth Three Laurel :v:

Also I'm beginning to think I don't care much for this Talia O'Ghoul fellow!!

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

X-O posted:

Yes, him wanting Rene to still turn in his reports was great.
It would have been so easy to just have him taunting them, but having him actually just carry on doing his job because he knows they can't do anything was fantastic.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
In all this excitement with Prometheus turning out to be Chase, allying with Talia, and Vigilante being an unknown, I wonder if I've missed something; where on earth has Evelyn gone off to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was expecting it to be her who shot that arrow and not Talia. I definitely was wondering where she ran off to.

But for now I'll assume Prometheus is keeping her in reserve for some reason and she'll pop up towards the season finale to pull Rene and Curtis away from the main fight and maybe lead to Ragman's return. Just a side drama with the recruits.

• Locked thread