Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bored_of_the_Rings

For me, the book is freaking hysterical, and it's so densely packed with jokes and references that I've read it a dozen times and still keep finding jokes I've missed. Not to :files: but it's easy to find online, and/or reasonably common/cheap in used book stores.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Pants Donkey posted:

Honestly the crosswalk figure is just a silhouette of a person. It's tricky line to walk, and gently caress Leak of course, but by making specifically female figures you imply that a very neutral human shape is actually male when it should just be a nondescript person.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/17/article-1266693-092C12B8000005DC-780_233x349.jpg
Very neutral.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkHwUMKYJ3I

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

?

Anyway, cartoon.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I can't get the video to embed. :(

Donald Trump's Lying Circus

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Starshark posted:

I still haven't seen this yet but my friends who teach film studies/popular culture at Universities all said Trump's interpretation is completely brilliant and has put them out of a job.

Wow, you know CineD posters in real life? :v:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Rubbish. Learn to speak Russian and read the Zvir'marillion instead.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

If them exempting themselves means it's rubbish, why do people have a problem with the ACA? It was so good that they specifically removed themselves from the federal employee plan so they could use it!

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

AGC.

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Yes, if rich people personally benefit from a bill it is surely a sign it is good for poor people.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I wonder if Israel will get these kind of hosed politics in a couple hundred years.
Israel has to count Palestinians as people first

This assumes that there will still be Palestinians there in a few centuries.

Or an Israel.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Keiya posted:

If them exempting themselves means it's rubbish, why do people have a problem with the ACA? It was so good that they specifically removed themselves from the federal employee plan so they could use it!

They want to believe congress exempted themselves from the ACA so thats what must have happened, reality be damned.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Because you've drawn them as literal cutboard cutouts, Stallie. "Perspective? What's that?"

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

:ironicat:

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

"If you agree with a lot of people, you aren't thinking" - A man who stuffs his comics full of monologues instead of thinking up a way to get his point across visually and regurgitates the same poo poo that every other conservative cartoonist on the less controversial end of the spectrum is spewing out.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That's what Aussie crossing lights look like?

Well, never mind then.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I wonder if :tinsley: even realizes that kind of criticism goes both ways. Like, I'm considerably to the left of my colleagues despite working in academia, but I somehow doubt he'd approve. And of course that's before you get into the fact that all of his points are lazy conservative talking point du jour (du two weeks ago?) dittoing.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Pants Donkey posted:

That's what Aussie crossing lights look like?

Well, never mind then.
What do they look like wherever you are?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Monkey Fracas posted:

Donald Trump loves Citizen Kane; he identifies with the shitbag titular character and is too dumb to grasp the major theme of the movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrBuWXVEaiU
No loving way has Trump ever watched that whole movie.

If anything it reminds me of an interview of a Norwegian right-wing politician I read recently. When asked what his favourite book was he obviously answered Atlas Shrugged. He then went on to talk about how awesome Ayn Rand was. He kept refering to her as a man because he obviously had never read the drat book or knew that the author was a woman.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

this would be right at home in the pages of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Lodin posted:

If anything it reminds me of an interview of a Norwegian right-wing politician I read recently. When asked what his favourite book was he obviously answered Atlas Shrugged. He then went on to talk about how awesome Ayn Rand was. He kept refering to her as a man because he obviously had never read the drat book or knew that the author was a woman.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

mandatory lesbian posted:

this would be right at home in the pages of Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark
I could see 'The Terrifying Turtle' rested between some of the chapters.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Lodin posted:

No loving way has Trump ever watched that whole movie.

I have an aunt who watches nothing but FOX news and she claimed Atlas Shrugged was her favorite book. Didn't know a thing about it. I asked her to name one character from the book and she couldn't, couldn't tell me anything about the plot at all. I'd bet money that what happened was O'Reily or Hannity or some FOX talking head she takes as gospel was talking the book up and she decided right then and there it was her favorite without ever reading one sentence. Probably for the best considering how awful it is though.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Not sure which is more embarrassing: saying it's your favorite book when you haven't read it, or reading the whole thing and still saying it's your favorite book.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Axetrain posted:

I have an aunt who watches nothing but FOX news and she claimed Atlas Shrugged was her favorite book. Didn't know a thing about it. I asked her to name one character from the book and she couldn't, couldn't tell me anything about the plot at all. I'd bet money that what happened was O'Reily or Hannity or some FOX talking head she takes as gospel was talking the book up and she decided right then and there it was her favorite without ever reading one sentence. Probably for the best considering how awful it is though.

Get her the movie.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Hello editorial page.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

Get her the movie.

Just dump the Galt speech on her facebook page.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Lodin posted:

Do you have a link to this?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

The Statue of Liberty briefly lost power on Tuesday night, and some folks connected it to yesterday's Day Without a Woman protests.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Hello editorial page.

The cartoon in question:

♥ HATE : )

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRURBgQArpI/

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Angepain posted:

The cartoon in question:

I guess they missed the "NO NIGROES" on Sam's right hand there.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Angepain posted:

The cartoon in question:

This image inspired me to draw the USA flag in hexadecimal.

code:
00F FFF 00F FFF 00F FFF 00F F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00
FFF 00F FFF 00F FFF 00F FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF
F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00 F00
FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF FFF 
The problem seems to be republicans and democrats live in different realities. Since we can't agree whats going on, we can't even dream to solve the problems that exist. First you have to agree with somebody that a problem exist to start talking about fixing it.

Part of the problem is people with a lot of money use that money to influence the opinion of republican people. They have radicalized america. Radicalized has in the current USA president can't call a white suprematist terrorism attack a bad thing because that will annoy the white supremacist that voted him into power.

This is the reality some democrat person see, but is kind of.. invisible? a alternative reality for somebody republican. The idea that somehow Trump is tryiing to avoid saying that the white suprematist attacks where a bad thing is a insult and don't represent reality. They get honestly offended.

When the Emperor is not only naked, but covered in disgusting stuff. The boy calling Emperor naked is disgusting.

Tei fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Mar 9, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I'm doing a thing - anyone got some of Henry Payne's more "iconic" cartoons saved somewhere? And/or his old, more competent, 90's cartoons?

Also, a site that saves his cartoons in color that's easily browsed? His own site does show a bunch of cartoons at once, but all in B&W. Besides that... maybe I'm completely computer illiterate, but: each month has a little number next to it, which I took to mean the number of cartoons in that particular month. But I'm not actually seeing that many cartoons in each month, even when hitting the "More" button (which, in a stunning feat of web-design, changes places with the "Return" button on the next page - brilliant)

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 9, 2017

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tyblazitar posted:

Do you have a link to this?
Sorry, but no. It was print only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Lodin posted: