Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Also it is interesting that you bring up "decadent xenophiles" -- I never thought of being a useable combination! I guess a real-life analog to that would be a multicultural slave owning Roman Republic/Empire? It is an interesting thought for a playthrough...

You'll only see Decadent Xenophiles who are also Collectivists in-game for now, though, to avoid players hosing themselves by being unable to enslave someone in their Empire to avoid the Decadent penalty.

Here's where I got all that from: http://www.stellariswiki.com/Diplomacy#Permanent_modifiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Now I want to make a militarist Federation ala Yesterday's Enterprise :v:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Made custom-robo versions of my species. If there's an easy way in Banks to set your robot pop, that would be nice! If not there's ways around it, but it'd be niiice.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

See, now THAT is some good poo poo. Seconding the calls for Paradox to contract some robo-portraits out to you.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 9, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Dog Kisser posted:

Made custom-robo versions of my species. If there's an easy way in Banks to set your robot pop, that would be nice! If not there's ways around it, but it'd be niiice.

Holy gently caress, Paradox needs to hire you out to do a robo pack. Even if it was "just" 10 portraits or so I'd buy that. I mean they did it with that extremely mediocre Skylines modeler.
Or paradox just needs to put the hooks in for robo and cyber portraits per-species or per-species-type or what ever. Or both.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

So do other species always think that collectivists are space dicks (like they do for xenophobes), or is it only races who prefer democracies that have beef with them? I've been making my species have the charismatic trait to smooth out some rough edges, but I was trying to build a race of spiritual/collectivist/pacifists the other night and it felt like it was getting a lot of sass from my neighbors.

Only individualists give a poo poo about you being collectivist, but since collectivist opens up a bunch of policies you will want to set them in such a way so as to look better to your neighbours.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Baronjutter posted:

Holy gently caress, Paradox needs to hire you out to do a robo pack. Even if it was "just" 10 portraits or so I'd buy that. I mean they did it with that extremely mediocre Skylines modeler.
Or paradox just needs to put the hooks in for robo and cyber portraits per-species or per-species-type or what ever. Or both.

I mean, I'll be creating robo-portraits ANYWAY (I say 'creating', but all I'm doing is strategically repositioning cool vanilla assets or stuff I find on google images), so there's no need to hire me, but putting per-species/per-species-type hooks would be ideal.

This is the picture (combined with vanilla assets) I used to make that guy, by the way.

You can see how you can kinda frankenstein the pieces together to make something that looks good enough, eh?

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Dog Kisser posted:

You are incredibly talented! I really hope Wiz and the others see this.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Dog Kisser posted:

That looks great! One question: Is that robot breathing?

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah wow that looks really great, but gotta do away with the breathing animation and maybe make its head jerk around a bit instead.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

They mimic breathing in order to put the fleshlings at ease.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President

Admiral Ray posted:

Negative, he is a meat popsicle.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/RikardAslund/status/839752847549947906

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Admiral Ray posted:

It's part of the cooling system, and

Psycho Landlord posted:

They mimic breathing in order to put the fleshlings at ease.
Two robobirds with one robostone.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Disappointed that drones aren't called 'motiles'. :colbert:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Shhhh, you want to get encased in a dyson sphere!?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Synthbuttrange posted:

Shhhh, you want to get encased in a dyson sphere!?
The inside of a Dyson sphere is good times, it's the outside that's an issue.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Mister Adequate posted:

I hosed up that Xindi probe with the help of my excellent bro Shran, then we made the Federation, then I restarted as the Cardassians because I got annoyed with not actually getting everyone's homeworlds and stuff.

Yeah the Federation mechanic is interesting but the home worlds and border projection are a bit hosed. I get they want the members to have their own fleets, but in reality when you see starlet fighting the borg, it's just Federation ships.

My favourite Federation mechanic isn't the merging, and it isn't even how you can absorb other empires. It's the fact that every so many years you can pick a war in the galaxy and condemn both sides of the conflict, insulting them both but gaining like 200 influence.

So basically you end up just pointlessly annoying people by sending angry worded letters from your moral soapbox for purely internal political reasons.

The perfect UN simulator.

(You can also just condemn one side which delivers and insult to them and bonus opinion to the other side).

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/839799294878171136

e: Empire! Wide! Food!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Admiral Ray posted:

Yyyeah... Using pre-existing models and animations and retexturing them had advantages and disadvantages. It's way, WAY easier than trying to make your own, but it also means you have breathing, blinking robots, haha.

I choose to interpret it as being a cooling system :colbert:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Oh boy, war score adjustment techs :allears:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Finally, death to stone age primitives!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Music player?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Was there ever a post about changes to robots in Banks? I remember reading somewhere that they no longer suffer starvation happiness penalties but was that all?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I wonder if there will be a new hive mind fallen empire.

But then I'd also be interested in seeing militarist, pacifist, authoritarian, and egalitarian FEs. In a way, the xenophile/xenophobe FEs encroach on all those other possibilities just a little. But there are other possible interpretations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I really like the Terraforming Candidate modifier. It's a good compromise and the more modifiers the better in my opinion, they add a lot to the exploration nature of the game.

It'd by cool if there were multiple candidate methods, like a similarly rare or rarer gas giant modifier that lets you 2010 it to thaw a frozen moon.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Music player?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh god this will be the best thing, I have SO MANY music mods

also backport it to their other games plzkthx.

edit: okay then just backport it to CK2 because the "next song" button there is WHOLLY INSUFFICIENT.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Mar 9, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

HoI at least definitely has a music player now (unless that's a Kaiserreich feature - I'll admit I haven't played Vanilla since, like, July).

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
EUIV has a music player too. Also hoping for multiple types of terraforming candidates; at least one should involve an enormous Space Curtain that causes an atmosphere to freeze...

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
You know that I'd love? A "humanoid" ship style that draws on old school scifi from Buck Rogers to Star Trek ToS. I'd even pay plantoid DLC money for that if it included some new humanoid portraits.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

That would be great, b-movie sci-fi style humans/aliens namelists would be cool too.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Some notes from Wiz. Delay for new droid portraits and you still have to build new synths.

Wiz @ Paradox posted:

We're really busy finalizing Utopia right now, but I'll quickly answer some of the most frequently asked questions. Further answers will have to wait, sorry!

There are no new droid portraits, but it's something we do plan to add in the future.

Your new synthetic race will include any previously built synths, and you create more pops by building them.

When you complete the synthetic evolution, any farms worked by synths or Pops turning into synths turn into power plants.

Non-awakened Keepers of Knowledge will not attack ascended synth empires, but awakened ones will.

Armies are rebalanced so that gene warriors are no longer simply best at everything.

You will be able to modify species at any time, the 'must have trait points' restriction is gone.

You do not need to own a species' homeworld to modify them.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

quote:

You do not need to own a species' homeworld to modify them.
Wait, was this a thing previously?

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Droids being "something we plan on doing in the future" totally means that there will be a robot DLC a la Plantoids sometime in the near future.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
I am fine with buying robo-portraits. Wouldn't mind some new ship designs to go with them too.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

I'm not averse to having to build more synth pops, but I wish they'd grow in parallel or something instead of needing the better part of a century to fill up a planet.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

Some notes from Wiz. Delay for new droid portraits and you still have to build new synths.

Ah well, time and money saved for me, I guess.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Realistically by the time you replace your fleshy bodies most of your pops will exist and new colonies will be in sectors allowing your sectors to handle the robot building bit.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I just so don't trust sectors to build pops as fast as possible. With resources available there should really be an auto build option where your planets all build pops as fast as they can if there are and free tiles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Yeah the key weakness there is "trust sectors." Don't get me wrong, sector AI has improved immensely from the dumpster fire it used to be, but it's still got a long way to go.

• Locked thread