Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Allbright is saying the Jets are also shopping him to the Broncos, so maybe for Siemian or whoever when they sign Romo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sean10mm posted:

That's... a surprising sum. :stare:

So much for my boring Pats FA theory I guess.

I have a theory that says they spend aggressively towards in the next couple of years to win another SB or two while they still have a QB who is willing to play for peanuts and get paid under the table in other ways.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

:getin:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/839840974893375488

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Ehud posted:

I have a theory that says they spend aggressively towards in the next couple of years to win another SB or two while they still have a QB who is willing to play for peanuts and get paid under the table in other ways.

What are you talking about?

In unrelated news you can schedule YOUR free initial evaluation at the TB12 Super Clinic at Patriot Place just steps from Gillette Stadium!

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

That's a lot of money for Gilmore. He's a good player and I expected him to get overpaid but this is a bit much. This deal makes him the third highest paid CB in the league.

Also stop stealing our goddamn players New England!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Stephon... how could you...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So do the Saints need cornerbacks? Because Butler for Cooks suddenly sprang into my mind.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

reminder for all of you

https://twitter.com/omarkelly/status/839842265912782849

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also, lol eat poo poo Sully

https://twitter.com/tbnsports/status/831620268607037441

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

So Malcolm Butler is getting traded next offseason right?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/839844718892756992

Nononononono

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Re-sign Zeitler Mike Brown you cheap piece of poo poo

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

So Malcolm Butler is getting traded next offseason right?

I think it could happen TODAY. Reports are that the Pats moved on Gillmore very quickly today, so much that Gilmore didn't even know the Pats were in on him. Which means maybe the Pats found out something about Butler.

This could be such a Belichick move. Say Butler gets offer sheeted. You move on from Butler to Gilmore which is a minor downgrade at worst. And you get a first round pick to do it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/839846236089892864

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I mean, they put the first round tender on him, but that's what? 3 and change?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I have almost zero doubt that Whit would come back for a reasonable amount of money to end his career but that he left because the Bengals habitually lowball the living poo poo out of their long-tenured players assuming that they won't leave and offered him $6m/1 or something dumb

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Volkerball posted:

my goal is to poo poo on cutler because he used to be a bronco, and i hold a grudge for a real long time. sorry you got collateral damaged.

Nah, that is a reason I can get behind! May our enemies suffer! :black101:

This makes me sad, but I think I would rather draft a couple cornerbacks then pay that much. Although Gilmore is worth it. He's the only top tier FA I was all in on. (Excluding Alshon, of course)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

If you have a choice to play for the Jets or Packers it's really a no brainer.

The Jets could not have handled this player worse. Trading him for a backup QB seems like a fitting end to their mismanagement of him.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 9, 2017

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Why? This would make it likely they don't keep Pryor.

Or I guess it's a replacement for Hawkins. Britt is a 500yd/year guy. They did draft 4 WRs last year too.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/839847040800681984

Pryor to Philly seems more likely now

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Wow. This is cool. Wonder what means for Butler's future though. It probably also means Logan Ryan is definitely gone.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Not re-signing Pryor would be a huge error. He's a hometown hero sort of due to the OSU connections, and his emergence as a WR is 100% thanks to the Browns giving him a shot. Can't let him walk away.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I have full faith in the ability of Bill Belichick and Ernie Adams to outwit the alcoholics and assorted other idiots that run other franchises, given that they both have a strong economics background, with Ernie even working as a trader on Wallstreet for some time, so if they decide that getting Gilmore is worth $14 million, he is. How does that relate to Butler? I have no clue - they might still try to work something out with him or decide that he has hit a ceiling and paying him market rate would be grossly overpaying him.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think it could happen TODAY. Reports are that the Pats moved on Gillmore very quickly today, so much that Gilmore didn't even know the Pats were in on him. Which means maybe the Pats found out something about Butler.

This could be such a Belichick move. Say Butler gets offer sheeted. You move on from Butler to Gilmore which is a minor downgrade at worst. And you get a first round pick to do it.

I think it's rather unlikely that Butler get's an offer sheet, given that this years CB class is supposedly rather strong and giving up a first round pick + paying him something approaching market rate would be to much. There is also the question how good Butler is in a different environment, given his rather unique history and qualities (very good work ethic, film study etc.).

Ehud posted:

I doubt that they will mortgage the future. We had $60mil in cap space that needs to be spend somewhere.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bigass Moth posted:

Why? This would make it likely they don't keep Pryor.

Or I guess it's a replacement for Hawkins. Britt is a 500yd/year guy. They did draft 4 WRs last year too.

The Browns can afford to pay Pryor whatever he wants

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Ehud posted:

The Browns can afford to pay Pryor whatever he wants

Yes but they're also quite stupid.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
GC get out

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
As much as I wanted the Rams to sign a WR, not starting Greg Robinson at LT this season was the greatest priority.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Why didnt the Browns just Franchise Pryor? Money isn't an issue and you buy yourself a year

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nickkorte/status/839845979150954496

gently caress this stupid loving team

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Volkerball posted:

Wouldn't be a whole lot different than when they signed MJD. If Latavius walks, he likely wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. He'd probably be a good influence for Richard and Washington, even if he accidentally gets them in the nuts a lil here and there. Can't hurt to have an MVP running back in the locker room when you've got two promising guys coming into their second year. He's old, but the Raiders o-line would give him lanes, and he knows how to make poo poo happen when he's got the opportunity. It's just a matter of whether his body would hold up.

Fun fact that I just found out: AP is only two days younger than MJD.

Murray is gone, the FA RB class is weak and he's one of the better options.

I could see an incentive laden contract but that's not what AP is expecting. He's looking for a $10m deal. Also, he can't block and doesn't catch the ball out of the backfield, pretty important aspects for a Raiders RB.

MrLogan posted:

I don't think the Raiders are going to sign AP. Reggie will draft a powerback in the 5th.

Alvin Kamara in the third/fourth would be sweet.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 9, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Watch Bill trade Jimmy for the Browns #12 pick, allow Butler to get offer sheeted and get a first round pick there, and with their own have a total of 3 first round picks in this years daft. Which Bill will then use to utilize his lifelong dream of drafting every selection in the 3rd round.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/armandosalguero/status/839851295007735808

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/839851448229842944

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's like 4 good guards on the market and all of them are expected to get like $7-10m a year. That'd be crazy expensive.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
What a god drat thin-skinned baby

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

There's like 4 good guards on the market and all of them are expected to get like $7-10m a year. That'd be crazy expensive.

no one said they'd be good! :D

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

One name that keeps coming up for Miami to sign as a guard is Mangold.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I know I've been arguing for the Packers to do this (check my first post in this thread) but now that it seems likely, I'm now worried about the contract :v:

The Matthews and Cobb contracts haven't been really played up to, and the Packers will need to pay Rodgers even more money soon. I really hope Perry isn't an one season wonder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

I'd be fairly surprised if Zeitler doesn't get 12m per from someone

• Locked thread