Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Gorilla Salad posted:

This is a cool man with a cool quote:

That guy is yet another pathetic failure trying to cargo cult his way to being an interesting person.

Goons sure do like saying cargo cult without actually knowing what it means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Low Desert Punk posted:

I'm sure he meant "cargo-short cult"

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

You're right. I think people have mostly been saying that, given that exact aspect of the plot, they expected Asians to play a larger role in the main cast.

Firefly was always AUG due to this, Whedon's embarrassing attempts at feminism, and the fans being WAY too invested to the point of making "browncoat" a personality. Former roommate was one of these and also AUG in terms of being a typical unwashed euphoric atheist - literally had to stand upwind* of him in the summer or if our group walked more than a block - so I can't disassociate Firefly with guys like ":females: of the world" there.

A totally overplayed Firefly quote is also in part what got the previous cosplay thread closed.

* gah! Thanks Sagebrush!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL has a new favorite as of 15:01 on Mar 10, 2017

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The browncoats thing kinda made sense because for a while it seemed like if they could get it to snowball enough, there was a realistic chance that someone would want to put the show back on the air. But after like 5 years its time to give it up, let alone 15 years or however long its been at this point.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you liked Firefly, just watch Outlaw Star. It's better and has tons of asians

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Low Desert Punk posted:

Taking something he's seen someone else do with success but without understanding why it worked and making his own version which fails on every level? I'm okay with that usage.

Sure, he's not literally building fake runways in the highlands of Papua New Guinea to bring back the blessed Cargo, but I'm willing to give it a pass just this once champ :thumbsup:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Guy Goodbody posted:

tons of asians

Sold

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I just want to say that moderating people's pics on OKC is much more gratifying than using the actual site

:nws: Hey ladies

Just... put on a suit, man. Much more effective

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

cash crab posted:

I just want to say that moderating people's pics on OKC is much more gratifying than using the actual site

Wow. I thought we worked out our differences but you still doxxed me.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I found some of your art, too, you nasty boy

trains

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Firefly was always AUG due to this, Whedon's embarrassing attempts at feminism, and the fans being WAY too invested to the point of making "browncoat" a personality. Former roommate was one of these and also AUG in terms of being a typical unwashed euphoric atheist - literally had to stand downwind of him in the summer or if our group walked more than a block - so I can't disassociate Firefly with guys like ":females: of the world" there.

upwind, I'd hope.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

It's like he kept his baby body and just grew hair.

cash crab posted:

trains

Nothing more written AUG than writing anime actions. Also nosebleeds only happen to anime characters who are virgins who suck with women when they see something sexy, so thanks for telling everyone you're a giant loser.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Soiled Meat

cash crab posted:

trains

Can a train gently caress a rollercoaster? Asking for a friend

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

brutaltrains

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Agreed, but River and Simon are explicitly said to be half-Asian, IIRC. But yeah, very few people of Asian descent in the main cast. It wasn't the least diverse main cast ever, though.

Anytits, have a classic:

The "doesn't listen to the classics / post-rock" is the bit that sticks out to me.

Obviously he means classical music but when he says "the classics" I imagine him thinking of generic dad rock. "Yes, I'm very sophisticated. I enjoy Bach, Wagner and Grand Funk Railroad. :smug:"

Which, granted, would probably fit, given the number of these guys I've seen who seem to overlap with the "I'M ONLY 13 AND I HATE ALL NEGRO JUNGLE MUSIC RAP AND HIP-HOP I ONLY LISTEN TO REAL ROCK MUSIC LIKE LIMP BIZKIT AND PAPA ROACH!!!" wankers you used to get on YouTube (and probably still do - I haven't seen a YouTube comment in yonks).

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

It's like he kept his baby body and just grew hair.

Nothing more written AUG than writing anime actions. Also nosebleeds only happen to anime characters who are virgins who suck with women when they see something sexy, so thanks for telling everyone you're a giant loser.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

Taking something he's seen someone else do with success but without understanding why it worked and making his own version which fails on every level? I'm okay with that usage.

Sure, he's not literally building fake runways in the highlands of Papua New Guinea to bring back the blessed Cargo, but I'm willing to give it a pass just this once champ :thumbsup:

Are you cargo-culting your zingers now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

The "doesn't listen to the classics / post-rock" is the bit that sticks out to me.

Obviously he means classical music but when he says "the classics" I imagine him thinking of generic dad rock.

No, I think he does mean 60s and 70s rock. Did you know that Led Zeppelin did a bunch of songs about the Lord of the Rings???

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, yeah, I was going to mention fantasy metal as well. It's always fantasy metal.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wheat Loaf posted:

Oh, yeah, I was going to mention fantasy metal as well. It's always fantasy metal.

Ah gently caress.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

cash crab posted:

trains

What? This isn't anal vore!

(oh god the tag #artists on tumblr, I can just imagine someone browsing that tag to find cool art then running across... this)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ularg posted:

What? This isn't anal vore!

of course it isn't, cash crab is my grandma

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCeQLeQiRP4

I A M T H E Q U E E N O F T H E U N I V E R S E

T H E W A V E S P A R T A N D T H E Y E N G U L F ME

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
AUG: What?! This isn't anal vore

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I Can't Believe It's Not Anal Vore

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Cash Crab IS my grandma and we watch anal planegirl vore together while drinking Bloody Marys with entire turduckens stuck in them.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

steinrokkan posted:

Can a train gently caress a rollercoaster? Asking for a friend

Yeah, they get railed constantly.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The worst part is that he hasn't eaten in six hours. It's just like that.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.
http://newzmagazine.com/2016/12/20/wyoming-man-found-30-eyeballs-anal-cavity/

:yikes:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I see he has a problem.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Eye caramba

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Someone keep an eye on him!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Panfilo posted:

Someone keep an eye on in him!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

A shortened link in AUG that ends in "anal cavity" goes on the do not click list.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm not sure he's received proper medical care- I mean, how can we be sure his doctors did anything but eyeball the situation?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

queserasera posted:

A shortened link in AUG that ends in "anal cavity" goes on the do not click list.

It's actually just funny

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Eye predict we can look forward to 30 pages of eye and sphincter jokes. I'll be sure to eyeball the situation to see if things start to tense up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Honestly I'm just glad they were bovine eyes and not like, people eyes.

• Locked thread