Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im right handed and wear it on the right hand

why would i wear it on the left

WHY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

MadBimber posted:

who the gently caress wears their watch on their right arm. loving bioware

Pre order cancelled

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MadBimber posted:

who the gently caress wears their watch on their right arm.
loving dextros, that's who.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Obviously right handers have their watches on their right arms because the left arm is a chainsaw arm.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
I hope one of the races like volus or elcor show up knowing there aren't enough of them to create a new population.

Like they want to preserve their cultural concepts in Andromeda but are there for the adventure, and are aware that there will not be generations of their people living on after them. Could be a fun little side mission.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Have they said anything about there being elcor, volus or hanar colonists? I hope some of them show up, as they were more interesting than the core species.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Vitamin P posted:

I hope one of the races like volus or elcor show up knowing there aren't enough of them to create a new population.

Like they want to preserve their cultural concepts in Andromeda but are there for the adventure, and are aware that there will not be generations of their people living on after them. Could be a fun little side mission.

they can just clone themsevles

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Zzulu posted:

WHY

im retarded and do retard stuff

why would i do non-retard stuff

WHY

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Zzulu posted:

WHY

so you don't scratch up your watch when you're using your right arm to do things
theoretically anyway pretty sure we're all nerds who spend 24 hours a day typing on keyboards

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Serf posted:

Have they said anything about there being elcor, volus or hanar colonists? I hope some of them show up, as they were more interesting than the core species.

they said not every race would be in Andromeda but they have a backdoor to bring them there in DLC or sequels

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Zzulu posted:

they can just clone themsevles

Yeah or they could have an intrautero gene splicer for diversity or a catalogue of genetic samples or whatever the heck. I mean I'd be interested in that story.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

WHY

So you can adjust it on your wrist without looking like a 'tard. If you're already maxed out, though...

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
maxed out on retardation

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I hope this game lets you stick a watch up your arse like Christopher Walken in Pulp Fiction, except for sexual pleasure and also the watch is sentient (possibly Geth) and you need to romance it by picking the correct conversation options before you can gently caress it.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

maxed out on retardation

Probably an accurate thread title in two weeks.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Admiral Ray posted:

Looking into it Walters has said this:

https://twitter.com/macwalterslives/status/798742467231305728

which doesn't make sense given that the Andromeda Initiative was going on for years and years before Shepherd became a name, but currently we have "not likely" for Cerberus involvement.

If I remember correctly Cerberus started out as a black ops division of the human military proper. They were terrible at what they did like with unleashing the rachni on a couple planets. Then when the writers shifted to the idea of Cerberus as a story driver TiM takes it over and they go rogue. They are still smallish but use TiM money and connections to be more influential. In ME3 they make the jump to being almost this rogue state with a full army.

I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility that the Alliance military was spying on the Andromeda Initiative and TiM inherits the operatives when Cerberus goes off the reservation. Or you could get dumber and say TiM was playing 10th dimension chess and had a stake in the Initiative as part of his grand scheme to do....things?

Mostly I just want Cerberus not to be a major plot driver. I could deal with them showing up and being like they were in ME1 doing mad scientist experiments that go hilariously wrong that you need to clean up though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Pattonesque posted:

they said not every race would be in Andromeda but they have a backdoor to bring them there in DLC or sequels

Stowaways, each more surprising than the last

ChairmanGoesWoof
Jul 12, 2016

Baron Corbyn posted:

I hope this game lets you stick a watch up your arse like Christopher Walken in Pulp Fiction, except for sexual pleasure and also the watch is sentient (possibly Geth) and you need to romance it by picking the correct conversation options before you can gently caress tuck it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ainsley McTree posted:

Stowaways, each more surprising than the last

I really want the Geth to show up. Batarians and Vorcha were entertaining too. The obvious backdoor is that they toss more arks together during the construction of the catalyst in ME3 and send them off as life rafts. You could have the Geth build their own because that would be their jam. "This unit wishes to get away from the rear end in a top hat Quarians."

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I want batarians in Andromeda so that they get a chance to be something other than the punching bag of the universe in-game. I've been replaying ME1-3 and every time the batarians show up or are mentioned, it's either to try and kill you, or to be killed horrifically by something else. Like in Arrival, the tacked on DLC to bridge 2 and 3, you very casually kill 300,000 batarians offscreen and it's just kind of like "eh. worth it."

You get a dialogue choice after finalizing The Project to warn the batarian colonists, but you get cut off and then you never even bother to try and warn them again. Poor little bugmen

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The Geth AI infiltrating some synthetic race in Andromeda, thus turning all their platforms into New Geth would be a cool thing that's probably not going to happen.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

I want batarians in Andromeda so that they get a chance to be something other than the punching bag of the universe in-game. I've been replaying ME1-3 and every time the batarians show up or are mentioned, it's either to try and kill you, or to be killed horrifically by something else. Like in Arrival, the tacked on DLC to bridge 2 and 3, you very casually kill 300,000 batarians offscreen and it's just kind of like "eh. worth it."

You get a dialogue choice after finalizing The Project to warn the batarian colonists, but you get cut off and then you never even bother to try and warn them again. Poor little bugmen
bioware teaches us important social lessons: racism is bad but batarians and vorcha are the 'bad ones' and must be exterminated

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Baron Corbyn posted:

I hope this game lets you stick a watch up your arse like Christopher Walken in Pulp Fiction, except for sexual pleasure and also the watch is sentient (possibly Geth) and you need to romance it by picking the correct conversation options before you can gently caress it.

:yeah:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Zane posted:

bioware teaches us important social lessons: racism is bad but batarians and vorcha are the 'bad ones' and must be exterminated

Andromeda would be a great opportunity to make batarians great again. We're constantly reminded of how much batarians love to do slavery, therefore they are bad, but you could write it so that a bunch of abolitionist batarians break off from the hegemony because they hate slavery and want to make a new society in another galaxy.

Boom, it's ok to like batarians now hire me bioware i'm very horny and would be a good fit

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Tbh the first game is my favorite because I really enjoy fighting and killing Geth. I never enjoyed the REAPERS.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Were the Geth Hoppers only in the first game? They were annoying fuckers and hope they don't come back.

Rest of the Geth are welcome to stay

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
isnt it kinda racist that we constantly try to get rid of the reapers

technically they were here first,

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Zzulu posted:

lmao

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

theoretically anyway pretty sure we're all nerds who spend 24 hours a day typing on keyboards

I sometimes type things on my watch and ill be goddamned if i type on it with my sinister left hand

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Zzulu posted:

We have become the reapers. There indoctrination was a great success. Now we journey to other galaxies and kill the indigenous life.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
I hope the Geth Juggernaut comes back. With a big rear end jetpack.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Vorcha getting the Krogan "Learn not to be dicks" treatment would actually be pretty fun. Would even try out a Vorcha squadmate after playing a Vorcha in multiplayer.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
I liked the Vorcha, especially their "violence is literally part of how they communicate and grow" aspect. That was sufficiently alien to make attempts to "civilize" them pointless and show the limits of the feel good nature of the citadel races. Yahg, too. Like a race so intent on domination that the elder races make contact and then ignore them? I hope we also hid their mass relay so they don't come rolling out in 1000 years horned up and ready to roll.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I love this bad thread.

Also I just remembered they turn the Normandy into a sexbot in Mass Effect 3, Bioware are parodying themselves.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

BexGu posted:

Vorcha getting the Krogan "Learn not to be dicks" treatment would actually be pretty fun.

They did in the backstory if you scan the new planets in Leviathan. Problem is, the vorcha lifespan caps out at around 20, tops. You find a few different planets where the turians and asari honestly tried to sit down with the vorcha and make them peaceful, productive members of galactic society, but every attempt petered out within a few vorcha generations.

On the other hand, you can get a team of vorcha engineers to work on the Crucible and an elite squadron of vorcha fighter pilots for the armada.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Not only that but the sexbot is like top tier in the multi too.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Aren't Vorcha like massive sentient bacteria colonies or something? They gross.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

AngryBooch posted:

The're non-bug cockroaches. Heal real fast, breed real fast,adapt to different enviroments fast, and are hard to kill. Great front line soldiers but a little too unstable for anything else.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

AngryBooch posted:

They aren't, but an alien based on your mom's yeast infection wouldn't be gross, it would be pretty cool tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/masseffect/status/839883527227322368