Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

If you are planning to preorder PC and haven't yet done so, you actually might as well just do the 10 hour early access origin access thing, because it pays for itself.

A month of origin access costs $5, and saves you 10% on purchases, so you get your money back and get to play the game early. Just remember to cancel afterward, or don't if you like the service, i'm not your boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

What song is that and why the gently caress is it in a trailer for a space exploration game?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

AngryBooch posted:

Aren't Vorcha like massive sentient bacteria colonies or something? They gross.

You're confusing them with the Lekgolo from Halo. They're basically walking stem cell factories that help them heal and adapt.

Man, I'm going to miss their Wolverine-style slashing grabs if they're not in the multi.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Oh god. Not that song. Not like this.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Kurieg posted:

What song is that and why the gently caress is it in a trailer for a space exploration game?

I don't think this game is about exploration.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

The sound mixing in this is just atrocious! But still hyped!

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

AngryBooch posted:

Oh god. Not that song. Not like this.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm at work so i don't have sound, what song is it. is it "mad world"

is it "all star"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Cowcaster posted:

is it "all star"

Human -- Rag'n'Bone Man

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

is it "all star"

I actually thought they might go for something like that but way cheesier like "human" from the killers but that thing is even more lol-worthy in terms of completely out of tone it is

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

is it "all star"

Both of those would've been better.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Admiral Ray posted:

Human -- Rag'n'Bone Man

basically the message of the song is "this is not my fault it's only my first day" so it's perfect

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I remember when Mass Effect trailers had ok music that didn't clash with their SciFi setting in them.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

I like how the first video I saw for Andromeda had Ghost Riders in The Sky by Johnny Cash and now we've got this poo poo.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
way too mainstream and this hurts my nerd core

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Pattonesque posted:

basically the message of the song is "this is not my fault it's only my first day" so it's perfect

It's like the dude is trying to use his white privilege to get out of blame lol.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

quote:

(I'm only human
I'm only, I'm only
I'm only human, human)

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this and see what's behind
Got no way to prove it so maybe I'm lied

But I'm only human after all, I'm only human after all
Don't put your blame on me

Take a look in the mirror and what do you see
Do you see it clearer or are you deceived in what you believe

Cause I'm only human after all, you're only human after all
Don't put the blame on me

Some people got the real problems
Some people out of luck
Some people think I can solve them
Lord heavens above
I'm only human after all, I'm only human after all

Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry, making you cry

Cause I'm only human after all, I'm only human after all
Don't put your blame on me, don't put the blame on me

Some people got the real problems
Some people out of luck
Some people think I can solve them
Lord heavens above
I'm only human I make mistakes
I'm only human that's all it takes to put the blame on me

'Cause I'm no prophet or messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

Don't put the blame on me, don't put the blame on me
I'm only human I do what I can
I'm just a man, I do what I can

/

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Sounds like a pretty standard pop song meant to have wide appeal, can someone explain to me why it's worthy of goon disdain? Preferably from someone who actually likes multiple music genres, not someone who can only appreciate two or three metal sub-genres.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

DrNutt posted:

Sounds like a pretty standard pop song meant to have wide appeal, can someone explain to me why it's worthy of goon disdain? Preferably from someone who actually likes multiple music genres, not someone who can only appreciate two or three metal sub-genres.

Zzulu posted:

way too mainstream and this hurts my nerd core

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Give me an awkward Paul McCartney custom song or GTFO.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
My series. I remember when they have Vangelis make a sick rear end theme song they used and overused.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

DrNutt posted:

For me it's because I had this impression that Andromeda would be about exploration and poo poo like that, not about action-action-action-sex-sex-sex. So tonally it's off from what my expectations were.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I kinda dig it.

hexal
Sep 7, 2011
I can't wait for another 50 or so spliced together 1 second clips of explosions and white people kissing. With bad music apparently?

e: rip that ark at 00:04

hexal fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 9, 2017

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
let us all remember the Mass Effect 2 launch trailer, still the finest launch trailer of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjOEmHEd2XM

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Lyrically it fits, it's also meant to get you excited and pumped so it works for that too!

Would've preferred more Two Steps from Hell, of course.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

DrNutt posted:

it's related to mass effect andromeda therefore its horrible oh my god i hate it can you beleive it loving bioware pissing on the corpse again

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Admiral Ray posted:

For me it's because I had this impression that Andromeda would be about exploration and poo poo like that, not about action-action-action-sex-sex-sex. So tonally it's off from what my expectations were.

Did you know that trailers are meant to cast a wide net? Did you think that the launch trailer would be a NASA scientist narrating how many planets you can explore over atmospheric space jams? Don't worry, by the time the next Mass Effect rolls around there will be plenty of NASA scientists looking for work. :smith:

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

This is my favorite Bioware game trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQXplXYxcc

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

DrNutt posted:

Did you know that trailers are meant to cast a wide net? Did you think that the launch trailer would be a NASA scientist narrating how many planets you can explore over atmospheric space jams? Don't worry, by the time the next Mass Effect rolls around there will be plenty of NASA scientists looking for work. :smith:

Yes?

poo poo man I was saying why I, a single goon, don't like it. Chill out.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Turbl posted:

This is my favorite Bioware game trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQXplXYxcc

This should have been saved for DA2 because they would have been letting people know from the trailer that their game was poo poo.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

I like the bad song. I will laugh at the bad facial expressions. This bad game will be... Good

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

:love::love::love:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

"geez goons are so negative"

au contraire mon ami, all I see in this thread is a torrent of hilarity and great, positive, expansive feelings. What matters in the end is that we have Krogan jetpacks, and all is well.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

DrNutt posted:

Dude, you're giving me a serious case of the sads with accurate predictions like that :smith:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Some Nomad/Exploration/mining in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGG1zbjbBaM

Mining happens as you're cruising along -- you call down a mining drone and then apparently don't have to worry about it, which seems much better than DAI's repeated "crouch, grab your stuff, get back up" animations

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

I like how the complete launch trailer isn't even out and we're making GBS threads on it already.

Serf
May 5, 2011

MarshyMcFly posted:

I like how the complete launch trailer isn't even out and we're making GBS threads on it already.

I mean this is how it's been since they announced the game itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

MarshyMcFly posted:

after this is the new poo poo and boundless hope, the trick is to just enjoy the bad

It is the Zen of bioware