Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
How does that Campbell fella translate into a 4-3 defense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

Did Sammy's foot ever heal correctly? IIRC he was never quite right even when he came back

He had another surgery done on it in January - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/20/sammy-watkins-has-second-foot-surgery/

He needs to take a season off and let it heal, but that's never going to happen

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Intruder posted:

He's been solid for the most part, but he had a really good season and is cashing in on it so you might expect some regression

Solid is a huge upgrade over dumpster fire, which is what our secondary currently looks like.

$19 million guaranteed is great, if $15 is guaranteed for this season. I still need to see the specifics, but if all the guarantees are front loaded, it's a decent signing to get a guy you are high on and push out the competition.

I mean, I am not excited for Glennon, but I can see the logic of the deal.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Intruder posted:

Did Sammy's foot ever heal correctly? IIRC he was never quite right even when he came back

He had a second surgery done on January 20. He should be ready for training camp but it's too early to tell if there'll be any lingering effects.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/armandosalguero/status/839890794853117952

https://twitter.com/mikegarafolo/status/839890924935217153

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

So Kiko is a dolphin next year for sure

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
:suicide:

As much as I don't want to be a Parm, it makes me loving sick that we're letting the leader of our locker room walk and holding on tight to a guy who spit in a nurse's face, not to mention circling around loving Joe Mixon. gently caress this team.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blitz7x posted:

So Kiko is a dolphin next year for sure

Yeah and they're trying to do a long term deal

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This is making me think we go after defense HARD in draft. Linebackers galore.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Its worse than I thought. Torrey Smith. If we don't get Alshon then this team will be horrible to watch next season.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

We're gonna keep you for another year to spite you and hopefully prove to everybody what we've suspected all along: you suck and are worth Mike Glennon money!

Also thanks for stopping by Kurt it was nice talking to you

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
*tumbleweed blows across stubhub center*

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
So you're totally going to still be a Chargers fan aren't you?

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

a neat cape posted:

*tumbleweed blows across stubhub center*

Is it gameday already?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

New Bills fan spin: gently caress Gilmore, he's a low character quitter that always loved the Pats anyway.

https://gfycat.com/DeterminedFlakyGalapagosdove

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiMoro/status/839888728361422848

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
QB money is absolutely stupid. The more I think about, the less angry I am about the Glennon signing assuming two things:
1) They don't act as if they have solved their quarterback problem. They absolutely need to treat the position as a need in the draft.
2) This doesn't effect their ability to sign priority free agents over the life of the deal. The Bears have a lot of cap space, so this will hopefully not be a concern like it is for the Texans with Osweiler's contract.

While it is crazy to think that Mike Glennon is making 15 million, its not my money, and as long as it doesn't impact the Bears QB decision making or FA flexibility I shouldn't really give a poo poo.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

fsif posted:

New Bills fan spin: gently caress Gilmore, he's a low character quitter that always loved the Pats anyway.

https://gfycat.com/DeterminedFlakyGalapagosdove

That looks more like 36 blew his assignment

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fishing with the fam posted:

2) This doesn't effect their ability to sign priority free agents over the life of the deal. The Bears have a lot of cap space, so this will hopefully not be a concern like it is for the Texans with Osweiler's contract.

Brock will be gone after this season, and fairly painlessly so. $6m in dead money

e:

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/839894533504630784

I'm sad :(

Especially since they absolutely could have extended him before the season for something like $4m AAV

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 9, 2017

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Andrew Luck's $24 million a year contract doesn't seem so stupid now. Still pretty dumb but not Mike Glennon dumb, holy crap.

Curtis Painter was born in the wrong year, he'd probably make at least $10 million a year nowadays.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Intruder posted:

Brock will be gone after this season, and fairly painlessly so. $6m in dead money

Correct, but I'm assuming it's affecting the Texans' approach to free agency this year due to their cap space.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

fishing with the fam posted:

QB money is absolutely stupid. The more I think about, the less angry I am about the Glennon signing assuming two things:
1) They don't act as if they have solved their quarterback problem. They absolutely need to treat the position as a need in the draft.

While it is crazy to think that Mike Glennon is making 15 million, its not my money, and as long as it doesn't impact the Bears QB decision making or FA flexibility I shouldn't really give a poo poo.

Finally! Someone sees it my way. Schefter is reporting $19 million guaranteed. If most of that is in the first year, they could realistically cut him with no long term ramifications. Any other talking point is just white noise. Wait to see the structure, than freak the gently caress out.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I thought we'd be choosing between Bouye and a Qb

We're getting neither aren't we...

Can't wait to draft peppers though!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Sataere posted:

Finally! Someone sees it my way. Schefter is reporting $19 million guaranteed. If most of that is in the first year, they could realistically cut him with no long term ramifications. Any other talking point is just white noise. Wait to see the structure, than freak the gently caress out.

$19 million dollars is still a lot of money for Mike Glennon

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Assuming this is true, Amendola's pretty much gone, right?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Is it gameday already?
lol

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Alter Ego posted:

Assuming this is true, Amendola's pretty much gone, right?

They will probably ask him to redo his deal again

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
#LegendsLiveHere

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Bummer about losing Malcolm Butler. The guy was literally the sole reason for us winning that Super Bowl.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Sataere posted:

Yeah, but I have to admit my knee jerk reaction was despair and anger. Just seeing "Bears get rid of Jay Cutler, sign Mike Glennon for $15 million per" raises my blood pressure.

Edit:

Nail Rat posted:

$19 million dollars is still a lot of money for Mike Glennon

It is, but QB money doesn't make any sense and as long it doesn't effect their long term plan at the position or limit their cap flexibility, why should I care?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

I thought we'd be choosing between Bouye and a Qb

We're getting neither aren't we...

Can't wait to draft peppers though!

Now that Bouye is gone (I'm assuming to the Titans) I hope his breakout was a mirage that resulted from Clowney and Mercilus having big seasons, J Jo shadowing the #1 for other teams, and Romeo having really good schemes that hid any of his weaknesses. He gets his payday and we don't get burned by having to face him twice a year

In reality I'm sure he'll be a top 10ish CB in the league for years to come

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder posted:

e:

https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/839894533504630784

I'm sad :(

Especially since they absolutely could have extended him before the season for something like $4m AAV

please come to tennessee :pray:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sataere posted:

Glennon has thrown like 200 passes combined the past 3 seasons

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

Bummer about losing Malcolm Butler. The guy was literally the sole reason for us winning that Super Bowl.

"The sole reason" seems to discount Pete Carroll's role in that outcome.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/839897918349983744

Dre is getting paid

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

can he play OT

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Glennon has thrown like 200 passes combined the past 3 seasons

And if the contract is structured the way I hope, that's how many passes he will throw as a Bear due to being benched and cut in favor of someone better before the end of year 2.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

please come to tennessee :pray:

I'm seeing Eagles which I'm totally fine with

Good luck AJ!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

FizFashizzle posted:

The bears are bad

Christ, just keep Jay around

loving idiots, gonna draft another loving bust in the first

grumble grumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Santheb posted:

"The sole reason" seems to discount Pete Carroll's role in that outcome.

The pass most likely would have been caught had Butler not jumped the route--if it had been, Pete Carroll would have been a genius rather than a goat.

• Locked thread