Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

how many rich kids would've squandered it and done nothing

good point trump is literally a rich kid in the body of a 70yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

lol he literally could have put his money in an SP500 index and made way more than he actually did, not even adjusting for risk

it's not hard to buy a ton of property and accumulate rent when you already have a bunch of money and dad's real estate empire + brand. dude's basically been treading water for decades and talking a big game and people buy it hook line and sinker it is amazing

he's a reality TV show star except instead of prada bags and hollywood hills it is business and jet planes

He's the ultimate American - part huckster salesman, circus showman, overall failure, and snake oil entrepreneur, you don't get more Americana than that

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

True, death to america

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

He's the ultimate American - part huckster salesman, circus showman, overall failure, and snake oil entrepreneur, you don't get more Americana than that

american az fuk!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

his ability to not be trumped is pretty astounding I'll give you that, he is the drat POTUS now lol

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
What kind of person should lead America? I mean Gary Johnson looked like the CEO of Airwalk or something, Jill Stein was some blown out ex-hippie, like what kind of person should be prez

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
President Bald Eagle 2020: "Let's See Putin Shake Hands With This"

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Trump is shaking things up in a big way, he's destroying political lines, destroying the media, exposing the deep state, exposing the Uni-party, I mean, you gotta give it to the guy

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

NotWearingPants posted:

lol Trump's hosed.

He changed the republican platform on Russia/Ukraine in exchange for Russia releasing emails to wikileaks and he was very sloppy about it. Sad.

yup, checks out.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
Spunky is given up all pretense of being a liberal who voted for Trump and has just decided to show how much he jerks off to his powerful tiny hands.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Trump is shaking things up in a big way, he's destroying political lines, destroying the media, exposing the deep state, exposing the Uni-party, I mean, you gotta give it to the guy

What are the political lines if there's only one party

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

too bad most Americans have the attention span of a goldfish and nothing significant will change

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

Because the parties were divided into people who thought they were in a party and the Uni-party infiltrators

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Blue Train posted:

Don't worry about it our Lord Trump (who is rich so ergo always right) says it's true

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's about the fact that everything about Trump is a huge facade masking the most fragile ego and the greatest need for validation. And that makes him particularly unfit at leading and managing because one day he's going to collapse and cry like a lil bitch because his approval ratings are bad

Has anything about his presidency actually effected anything in your life beyond your feefees and attempted internet burns?

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Because the parties were divided into people who thought they were in a party and the Uni-party infiltrators

Spunky you dropped your tin foil hat and you forgot your ((())) around Uni party infiltrators

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

USSAr posted:

Nice word salad there buddy

Said salad was sad.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Spunky is given up all pretense of being a liberal who voted for Trump and has just decided to show how much he jerks off to his powerful tiny hands.

Naw, Trump is a necessary destructive force. His big selling point is that he's gone through everything they throw at him and kept going

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Fog Tripper posted:

Has anything about his presidency actually effected anything in your life

yes, delicious schadenfreude

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fog Tripper posted:

Has anything about his presidency actually effected anything in your life beyond your feefees and attempted internet burns?

Why do you assume everyone on SA is a straight white person?

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Naw, Trump is a necessary destructive force. His big selling point is that he's gone through everything they throw at him and kept going

What's he destroying and for who? Cause the only thing I've seen him destroy is people's faith in democracy and the only thing he is doing is in favor of billionaires. So forgive me for lacking the paranoid delusions required to find him a necessary destructive force

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Fog Tripper posted:

Those destructions of environmental regulations will effect pretty much everyone

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Fog Tripper posted:

Has anything about his presidency actually effected anything in your life

I didn't live in constant dread of dying in a nuclear war or starving to death or being homeless from 2008-2016, like I have for the past two months.

Not that any of that will actually happen, but I shouldn't have to fear that it might because of a hair-trigger bitchbaby president and his cabinet of psychopaths.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Moridin920 posted:

Why do you assume everyone on SA is a straight white person?

List of things trump has done that has affected SA posters:
- Rounded you up if you were a criminal in the country illegally
- Said that one should poo in the bathroom designated by your birth gender

*135 page thread explodes with handwringing*

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Fog Tripper posted:

Oh yeah it also made all the Americans in our company go all uncomfortable and ashamed and excusing themselves profusely. Like I would even hold them responsible for any of this instead of feeling sorry for them. Still not tiring from it though.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

What's he destroying and for who? Cause the only thing I've seen him destroy is people's faith in democracy and the only thing he is doing is in favor of billionaires. So forgive me for lacking the paranoid delusions required to find him a necessary destructive force

Faith in democracy? The populist candidate who spent less money won! He beat wall street and the 8 richest men

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Those destructions of environmental regulations will effect pretty much everyone

Go on. Please outline them, without resorting to "climate change"

King Vidiot posted:

I didn't live in constant dread of dying in a nuclear war or starving to death or being homeless from 2008-2016, like I have for the past two months.

Maybe take advantage of the employer confidence and get a skill and a job?

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

King Vidiot posted:

Not that any of that will actually happen, but I shouldn't have to fear that it might because of a hair-trigger bitchbaby president and his cabinet of psychopaths.

lol jfc

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Faith in democracy? The populist candidate who spent less money won! He beat wall street and the 8 richest men

Yup the billionaire did it! The common man finally won!

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

:yeah:

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
All American enviromental regulations were doing were shutting down factories here and opening them up in 3rd world countries that dump toxic waste into drinking water and throw their poo poo in the ocean

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

All American enviromental regulations were doing were shutting down factories here and opening them up in 3rd world countries that dump toxic waste into drinking water and throw their poo poo in the ocean

Can't wait to dump it in american drinking water and our oceans where it belongs

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

He beat wall street

if he did beat wall street how come there's still an awful lot of wall street in his cabinet and that wall street rejoiced at the announcement of his election? mmm?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Blue Train posted:

Can't wait to dump it in american drinking water and our oceans where it belongs

You'd rather inflict that misery on browns so you can have cheap plastic poo poo?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blue Train posted:

"Our" oceans?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Fog Tripper posted:

"Our" oceans?

This is america bitch hell yea theyre our oceans

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You'd rather inflict that misery on browns so you can have cheap plastic poo poo?

Not in my backyard

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Blue Train posted:

Not in my backyard

Unless you are a literal Vegan Amish family, not really buying this.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Maybe if Americans had to actually face the consequences of our rampant and wasteful consumerism, we might be inclined to tone it down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Now we can dump toxic waste into our water MAGA!!

• Locked thread