Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I've heard if you have a full set of trials gear ornamented up there's a super special bonus for ya after that page is filled out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm a huge gay human being and I'm posting exploration content because /r/RaidSecrets bit me in the rear end. The following post is entertainment-narrative of me wasting time in a videogame gg if you read it

There's some insistence right now out there that there's secrets associated with Last Exit, according to something a Bungo said on a stream recently. There's a scrollcode, akin to the devname scrollcode from Memento, on the escalators down to the subway area with wrecked cars, but it doesn't seem to be the names of developers. People theorize that there's a puzzle associated with these "Alpha Regio", "Beta Regio", and "Ovda Regio" destination signs in the ceilings of the open, accessible railcar wrecks at Last Exit's platform.

The flavor text of the map when you select it for a private Crucible match implies to me that some trainfulls of fleeing war refugees got banished from reality by the Vex:

quote:

The Redjack fireteam that discovered this ancient transit stop could detect no sign of a recent struggle in the area, despite the heavy damage the facility had sustained. The Redjack Alpha reported that station operating modules were stuck in a protocol dubbed “Last Exit.” It seems passengers from the nearby Collective were trying to escape some overwhelming force. And it appears that most did not succeed.
Today, the desolate station is home to the war games of the Crucible. And should the threat that destroyed this place return, the Guardians will be ready.

At the bottom of the escalators, on the train platform proper, there's this...transit map, which also shows up outside the entrance to the Archives on Venus Patrol:

Last Exit and Asylum are heavily lore-related (at some point I read they might be the same physical place), evidenced by the presence of OWT signage and facilities in both places. I visited there to see if I could find anything.
In Asylum, you see this...uh...logo? On a monitor? That I don't think I've seen anywhere else in the game.

The colors of the logo directly correlate to the colors on the Icebreaker's new Nanohance ornament, but I've never seen this "A\" logo anywhere else like I said, so I've no idea if it bears any significance beyond coincidence:

Down the hall in the A-side of the heavy/special Atrium, there's another active monitor that appears to have some kind of pulsing, purple waveform (pictured on the right):

The monitor is very active. It's a rather long animation loop for something that's just background. You can watch it for some time; gut Bungie ARG makes me want to say this probably has a spectrograph or something hidden in it, but I have no idea how to get that sort of information off an ingame screen and into scrutible format.

In Skyline, there's an identical Logo-Monitor inside the A stairwell going up to the inaccessible monorail platform:

I could not find other logo-monitors in any other maps, they only seem to be on Skyline (Mars) and Last Exit (Venus).

Because I was on Mars checking out the Skyline map, I decided to thematically continue and go investigate Tharsis Junction, another place mentioned in the RaidSecrets work as a destination for all these trains.

On my way, I found the Thorium Tree emblem in the wild outside the Subways:

And also this cute M-Line map in the dark transit terminals just before it starts getting to the departure and arrival platforms downstairs. I just noticed there's a dead ghost on top of it that I haven't gotten yet, I'll go get that later:

Indeed, there still were a loving lot of wrecked trains, just as we remembered them from Vanilla missions. And a ton of Vex, along with some Cabal. It reminded me that the Cabal seem just as fascinated by the Vex as the humans are:

I didn't find anything interesting down there. Or maybe I don't know what to look for. Perhaps I killed some yellowbar that triggers an event while my HUD was disabled for these screenshots?

While I was down there, I couldn't shake this strange feeling

that maybe the vex

were watching me with little Vex-motes:

My conclusion from all this is that we're going to have a great time in the Vault of Glass revamp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

I enjoyed reading this, but how much weed am I going to have to smoke before it makes sense?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Reddit was interested in that for like a day but then a dev said it wasn't related to an item or a quest just a message and they gave up

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

DrNutt posted:

I enjoyed reading this, but how much weed am I going to have to smoke before it makes sense?

ngl I was a bowl or two in at 3AM, but you should understand that there's no current point to any of the above, as I mention it's just for your entertainment purposes. You get exposure to my stream of consciousness explorations while I chase a "secret" that, by Bungie's own admission, "results in no material rewards, the knowledge it contains is the Easter Egg."

It's like I say at the end of the post:

quote:

My conclusion from all this is that we're going to have a great time in the Vault of Glass revamp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FishBulb posted:

Reddit was interested in that for like a day but then a dev said it wasn't related to an item or a quest just a message and they gave up

lol Reddit also decried that Rezyl Azzir ARG account as a fake-phony just because Deej said, "Not Us", and here we are now with new backstory Grimoire cards in RoI about a dude named Rezyl Azzir.

Reddit giving up on things for lack of attention span you say, I never

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've read far too much of the Marathon story page to make fun of someone going too deep on Bungie game secrets, but never forget the Sleeper Simulant debacle.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
http://i.imgur.com/7H0wdy7.gifv

"no way he'll walk into this, but gently caress it"

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Do we know if the class specific pages in the Triumph book call for individual subclasses to do things? My Titan and Warlock only have one completed subclass each and I don't really care to grind the others out to any degree if unnecessary.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
One node on each class page requires you to beat the subclass-specific quests. I don't remember if those explicitly require you to max out the subclasses but you definitely have to play a bunch of crucible with them so it would help a lot.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

cvnvcnv posted:

Do we know if the class specific pages in the Triumph book call for individual subclasses to do things? My Titan and Warlock only have one completed subclass each and I don't really care to grind the others out to any degree if unnecessary.

Yeah you gotta do all the crucible quests for each subclass. Probably the vanguard ones too but they werent shown in stream.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I still have Sunbreaker, Defender, and quite possibly all three Warlock Quests to do. I'd be real surprised if I managed to get Voidwalker done.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'll do all that stuff on your account for you if you get me a winged word and an adept blind perdition on mine

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Flinged Turd and Blonde Tardition

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I enjoyed the crucible subclass quests I only need to complete multi super kills for gunslinger and stormcaller. I also have 7/9 of the exotic class items. Got the final quest on my warlock and Hunter. I should have alot of bubbles to fill in.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Ugh am I going to have to get those gently caress

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
y'all looking at the new patch like

http://i.imgur.com/6S8a7A0.gifv

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

moist turtleneck posted:

y'all looking at the new patch like

http://i.imgur.com/6S8a7A0.gifv

Not really, no.

Would prefer some Destiny 2 info.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Is there a time limit on this book or do I have until Destiny 2 to grind out my lame rewards that won't carry over?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sunday at work posted:

Is there a time limit on this book or do I have until Destiny 2 to grind out my lame rewards that won't carry over?

Since they said both that this is the last event of D1 and that there is no plan to shut down the D1 servers at this time, you probably have a good long while.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I plan on being done in 3 weeks

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

FishBulb posted:

I plan on being done in 3 days

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Honestly I might actually play this again just to get the shirt that says "A Buff Gay Dude" and then I'll cut off the sleeves all the way down so there's just a bit of side left at the bottom and wear it at the gym while doing oly lifts and or the step mill

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
According to the ship kiosk I don't have any of the ships you get out of chests on patrols on planets

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FishBulb posted:

According to the ship kiosk I don't have any of the ships you get out of chests on patrols on planets

I have I think 3? They live up to the Rare designation.

Counted earlier and I have 80+ ships and I think like 57 Sparrows. Hopefully those are enough.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I mean I'm sure I got them back in the day. I must have just trashed them before they added the kiosk and all that.

I can't remember the last time I opened a chest on a planet.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Is there something in the record book about ships?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah. There's a page about collections and it has sparrows and ships and emblems and exotics and I dunno what else

I hope not emotes

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
:suicide: could be worse I guess

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Sparrows is way worse there are a ton of lovely purple sparrows you can only get by upgrading lovely blue sparrows you buy with legendary marks.

Hopefully they don't require too many because that's loving balls

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Honestly I might actually play this again just to get the shirt that says "A Buff Gay Dude" and then I'll cut off the sleeves all the way down so there's just a bit of side left at the bottom and wear it at the gym while doing oly lifts and or the step mill

Please provide pics...for the thread

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

NO. SUPERS. ALLOWED.
http://i.imgur.com/9aiGZVq.gifv

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Man I found a lot more monitors lit up than I originally thought on Asylum, this is getting a little weird.
I think they have numbers assigned to each somehow, there's little quirks in the level design that...well. Look:

One of these two is 1, angling on the first "waveform" monitor I posted about be it (1st image), the other one's across from another one of those Thorium Tree emblems in Ticket C (2nd image):

What's "OWT" spelled backwards?

The "S" in "venus" being cut off from the rest of the word by the floodlight makes "5" imo:

I don't know what the significance of the Thorium tree is, but it's by a train over here on Platform 1 in the Ticket hall to C from Atrium. Makes me feel like since there's 6 other monitors, this is a jackpot monitor or something:

Meanwhile, back in Skyline, these Daito logos in the motion-sensitive hallway turn into that logo on the monitors, just palette shifted:

Whatever this door glass artwork is, it's sure a fitted place to sit a No Time To Explain:

http://imgur.com/a/ngKI5

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Mar 10, 2017

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Wounded Unicorn posted:

Man I found a lot more monitors lit up than I originally thought on Asylum, this is getting a little weird.
I think they have numbers assigned to each somehow, there's little quirks in the level design that...well. Look:

One of these two is 1, angling on the first "waveform" monitor I posted about be it (1st image), the other one's across from another one of those Thorium Tree emblems in Ticket C (2nd image):

What's "OWT" spelled backwards?

The "S" in "venus" being cut off from the rest of the word by the floodlight makes "5" imo:

I don't know what the significance of the Thorium tree is, but it's by a train over here on Platform 1 in the Ticket hall to C from Atrium. Makes me feel like since there's 6 other monitors, this is a jackpot monitor or something:

Meanwhile, back in Skyline, these Daito logos in the motion-sensitive hallway turn into that logo on the monitors, just palette shifted:

Whatever this door glass artwork is, it's sure a fitted place to sit a No Time To Explain:

http://imgur.com/a/ngKI5

Kinda spooky and cool

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I don't care about any of that!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I really like the secret hunting in games, so keep going Wounded Unicorn, I care about you!

Anyway, the delay I get in Crucible is just hilarious at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug4YCCzs0AE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlf-3xYoWVg

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Are the seals on these books a big deal or should I just crack these suckers open when I start my new dude?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Oh good I just had my team of randoms fight against a full group led by leopardstealth. Great matchmaking.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Ularg posted:

Oh good I just had my team of randoms fight against a full group led by leopardstealth. Great matchmaking.

I'm going to assume that leopardstealth is some famous PvP player and that you got mercy ruled within 2 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm going to assume that leopardstealth is some famous PvP player and that you got mercy ruled within 2 minutes.

• Locked thread