Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

MarshyMcFly posted:

I like how the complete launch trailer isn't even out and we're making GBS threads on it already.

Welcome to The Something Awful Forums where the something awful are the posters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

MarshyMcFly posted:

I like how the complete launch trailer isn't even out and we're making GBS threads on it already.

Everything is poo poo until I can mainline the multiplayer straight into my veins.

The rest are just false highs.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Pattonesque posted:

Some Nomad/Exploration/mining in this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGG1zbjbBaM

Mining happens as you're cruising along -- you call down a mining drone and then apparently don't have to worry about it, which seems much better than DAI's repeated "crouch, grab your stuff, get back up" animations

gently caress you have to craft all the upgrades for the Nomad and the blueprints for said upgrades are drops/bought. :(

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ainsley McTree posted:

I want batarians in Andromeda so that they get a chance to be something other than the punching bag of the universe in-game. I've been replaying ME1-3 and every time the batarians show up or are mentioned, it's either to try and kill you, or to be killed horrifically by something else. Like in Arrival, the tacked on DLC to bridge 2 and 3, you very casually kill 300,000 batarians offscreen and it's just kind of like "eh. worth it."

You get a dialogue choice after finalizing The Project to warn the batarian colonists, but you get cut off and then you never even bother to try and warn them again. Poor little bugmen

Zane posted:

bioware teaches us important social lessons: racism is bad but batarians and vorcha are the 'bad ones' and must be exterminated

Batarians and vorcha do get a bit of image rehab towards the end of ME3 and surprisingly through multiplayer. There is the encounter Shepard has with some batarian refugees where it turns you can come to a peaceful end to some bad blood and get batarian survivors on board with the alliance. Batarians in particular get painted as being a sort of North Korea in space. It's ruled by a lot of militant totalitarians who keep everyone down unless they have a value to the regime like the slavers or terror squads. When you start encountering "average Joe" batarian in game they are usually happy to get along with people.

With multiplayer batarian and vorcha mercs get added into the game which leads to them popping up in the background chatter of Citadel. There is a funny bit where a human infiltrator and a vorcha sentinel are complaining about reckless teammates. Of course it helped that the batarian and vorcha multiplayer characters were pretty bad rear end. You had insane regen on the vorcha and a flame thrower or a build with grenades. The batarians were bags of hitpoints that shot spikes and their heavy melee was very satisfying to use. You could even use an aspect of the game engine to do some rather fun power sliding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eTaCRQNH6g

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

MarshyMcFly posted:

A grim new precedent for future posts

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Trast posted:

Batarians and vorcha do get a bit of image rehab towards the end of ME3 and surprisingly through multiplayer. There is the encounter Shepard has with some batarian refugees where it turns you can come to a peaceful end to some bad blood and get batarian survivors on board with the alliance. Batarians in particular get painted as being a sort of North Korea in space. It's ruled by a lot of militant totalitarians who keep everyone down unless they have a value to the regime like the slavers or terror squads. When you start encountering "average Joe" batarian in game they are usually happy to get along with people.

With multiplayer batarian and vorcha mercs get added into the game which leads to them popping up in the background chatter of Citadel. There is a funny bit where a human infiltrator and a vorcha sentinel are complaining about reckless teammates. Of course it helped that the batarian and vorcha multiplayer characters were pretty bad rear end. You had insane regen on the vorcha and a flame thrower or a build with grenades. The batarians were bags of hitpoints that shot spikes and their heavy melee was very satisfying to use. You could even use an aspect of the game engine to do some rather fun power sliding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eTaCRQNH6g

There's also the news tidbit where Alliance soldiers decline to warn friendly batarian forces about, say, banshee ambushes in an area. And use medigel on geth rather than batarians, always conveniently running out of medigel, thermal clips, and food just as it's the batarians' turn to resupply.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Cythereal posted:

There's also the news tidbit where Alliance soldiers decline to warn friendly batarian forces about, say, banshee ambushes in an area. And use medigel on geth rather than batarians, always conveniently running out of medigel, thermal clips, and food just as it's the batarians' turn to resupply.

I don't recall those. Were those on that Alliance News twitter account or background chatter?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Did anyone else hear the name of the AI was SAM and immediately think it stood for Stupid rear end Machine?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Nomad driving looks fun, dealing with upgrades not so much.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn right now and for all the bad facial animation we've seen so far in Andromeda at least it has facial animation.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

that dude has a bad face look at that loving nose. using andromeda char creator to make him my male ryder

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

BexGu posted:

Nomad driving looks fun, dealing with upgrades not so much.

Hopefully I can just cheat if i hate the grind

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I'm going to make Ryder look like Mike Stolkas and walk around belittling my teammates

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Some of those upgrades look really good, too. Like the six-wheel drive to let the not-Mako climb near-vertical walls just like the original Mako. That was a godsend back in ME1 and it will probably be useful here, too.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Ainsley McTree posted:

Since they are using Frostbite 3 this might not be possible. :smith: Maybe a mod that changes drop probabilities like in DA:I so that it's easier to find them.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

poisonpill posted:

I'm going to make Ryder look like Mike Stolkas and walk around belittling my teammates

moaning "what's wrong with your faaaaaaaace" at every npc you encounter would be in keeping with the character after all

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

Since they are using Frostbite 3 this might not be possible. :smith: Maybe a mod that changes drop probabilities like in DA:I so that it's easier to find them.

Modders managed to crack DA:I open wide enough to squeeze a few resource/stat point cheats in there, hopefully they'll figure out the same for this. But probably not right away, yeah (and inquisition was kind of a bitch to install mods for)

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Cowcaster posted:

moaning "what's wrong with your faaaaaaaace" at every npc you encounter would be in keeping with the character after all

The Andromeda Galaxy is the most disappointing thing since my son.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ainsley McTree posted:

Modders managed to crack DA:I open wide enough to squeeze a few resource/stat point cheats in there, hopefully they'll figure out the same for this. But probably not right away, yeah (and inquisition was kind of a bitch to install mods for)

For being unmoddable, I've installed a ton of mods for DA:I. Hell same for ME 3. Modders will find a way.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Spikeguy posted:

For being unmoddable, I've installed a ton of mods for DA:I. Hell same for ME 3. Modders will find a way.

"Those cucks at Bioware couldn't design female Angarans to save their life. It's up to me alone to show them how to model a REALISTIC woman."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Monolith. posted:

I hope the Geth Juggernaut comes back. With a big rear end jetpack.

People found it boring but I thought it was great to toss down a shield, toss down a turret, then walk forward and let a wave of reapers break against you.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
That launch trailer sure is the new poo poo. Also, peep the twitter feed with everyone bitching about male vs female protagonist screen time.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

FunkMonkey posted:

"Those cucks at Bioware couldn't design female Angarans to save their life. It's up to me alone to show them how to model a REALISTIC woman."

You create a player base that cares more about dating sim titillation and they will follow on those likely gross desires no matter what it takes. Especially when

Alan Is More Upset posted:

That launch trailer sure is the new poo poo. Also, peep the twitter feed with everyone bitching about male vs female protagonist screen time.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

Mods might take a bit, but there will be Cheat Engine tables for a lot of the basic inside a day.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

BexGu posted:

Everything is poo poo until I can mainline the multiplayer straight into my veins.

The rest are just false highs.

Hahahahah you goons are the best!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

make sara the mandatory player character

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

MarshyMcFly posted:

Hahahahah you goons are the best!

You gotta get that BIG W.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

AriadneThread posted:

And have Scott hook up with Gil, the hunky dude engineer.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

AriadneThread posted:

Cythereal posted:

I think you mean Jaal.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Cythereal posted:

I want all the red shirts to be annoying dorks. The guys that complain about not having aliens to bone or that the Asaris aren't giving them the attention they deserve.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm naming my character Anita sarkeesian (I'm not playing until I download a mod which lets me not have to name them Ryder)

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

RBA Starblade posted:

People found it boring but I thought it was great to toss down a shield, toss down a turret, then walk forward and let a wave of reapers break against you.

Mix a Jug with EDI bot and you had a great start for doing Gold/Platinum. I loved the Juggernaut class and I hope there's something like that in Andromeda.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm naming my character Anita sarkeesian (I'm not playing until I download a mod which lets me not have to name them Ryder)

It's a shame that I can name my character "Assface" in Fallout 4 and have it voiced but can't even change the text for the last name in ME:A.

"Look out weedWeedWEEDLORD69 it's a revenant shuttle!"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

It's a shame that I can name my character "Assface" in Fallout 4 and have it voiced but can't even change the text for the last name in ME:A.

One of these games cares a little bit too much more about its "story" than the other.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I'm just a vorcha after all
I heal real fast, unlike y'all
Adapt to environment that hot as balls
I'm just a vorcha after all
Don't play this game for me
Don't play this game for me

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Should at least be able to go the Fable route and pay for nicknames like Assface since we're starting out on a new Hero's Journey.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

And you should be able to eat pies and get fat

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

I mean, one character actually calls you by name in Fallout 4. Its a little different in Mass Effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ainsley McTree posted:

And you should be able to eat pies and get fat

i very strongly doubt this game will include anywhere near as many rpg elements as grand theft auto san andreas