Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
There's a headpiece that uses them in the upgrade costs. It's like 2 and 4 for the 1st two upgrades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Luminous stones are super duper common so I don't think finding diamonds is a big deal

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How many times can you upgrade equipment?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Luminous stones are super duper common so I don't think finding diamonds is a big deal

Yeah, Luminous Stones aren't rare at all and it only takes 10 to get a diamond, so I wouldn't treat them as all that precious of a resource. And if anyone's worried, just mark some Luminous Stone mining spots on your map and go visit them after each Blood Moon.

s.i.r.e. posted:

How many times can you upgrade equipment?

Four.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
There's also a Talus in Hyrule castle that always drops a diamond.

People freaking out about them being limited or rare seems a bit silly in retrospect.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Harrow posted:

Yeah, Luminous Stones aren't rare at all and it only takes 10 to get a diamond, so I wouldn't treat them as all that precious of a resource. And if anyone's worried, just mark some Luminous Stone mining spots on your map and go visit them after each Blood Moon.

Four.

Considering what happens at the third tier upgrade, I'm kinda afraid of what'll happen at the fourth.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Also, luminous stones sell for 70 rupees, diamonds sell for 500, so if you're looking to make bank on diamonds by farming luminous stones, just sell the stones or you're losing 200 rupees every 10 stones.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
If you really want to grind money easily,

Run around Hyrule castle with the Master Sword. It goes into unbreakble mode and there's a poo poo-ton of mining you can do in the lower levels and rare food scattered throughout all the barrels and wooden boxes. Plus you can grind a ton of ancient parts and monster parts.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zore posted:

If you really want to grind money easily,

Run around Hyrule castle with the Master Sword. It goes into unbreakble mode and there's a poo poo-ton of mining you can do in the lower levels and rare food scattered throughout all the barrels and wooden boxes. Plus you can grind a ton of ancient parts and monster parts.

For some reason I'm ~*~roleplaying~*~ Link at least for my first playthrough so I'm trying not to go into Hyrule Castle until I'm ready to storm the castle because it's what a responsible hero would do :v: but that does sound pretty tempting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Idk Gut Check Rock is my go-to money spot because it's so easy to farm for money forever.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Wait, weren't the rito in wind waker evolved from the Zora as a result of the water not being hospitable any longer? How does it make sense for a game to have both rito and Zora.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

For some reason I'm ~*~roleplaying~*~ Link at least for my first playthrough so I'm trying not to go into Hyrule Castle until I'm ready to storm the castle because it's what a responsible hero would do :v: but that does sound pretty tempting.

There is a memory in there mind, so if you want the true ending you're going to have to duck in for a bit to grab it and leave since there's followup afterwords outside the castle.

Also Zelda's diary which is great and does a lot to help contextualize the memories and give Link some character.

PantsBandit posted:

Wait, weren't the rito in wind waker evolved from the Zora as a result of the water not being hospitable any longer? How does it make sense for a game to have both rito and Zora.

These Rito are pretty different from the WW ones, and this occurs in the TP timeline, so maybe they evolved from a splinter group of Zora and the main population never did because no Great Sea?

Guess we'll see in Hyrule Historia 2, coming out in 2030!

Zore fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 9, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Idk Gut Check Rock is my go-to money spot because it's so easy to farm for money forever.

Is this an actual place on the map?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Also, luminous stones sell for 70 rupees, diamonds sell for 500, so if you're looking to make bank on diamonds by farming luminous stones, just sell the stones or you're losing 200 rupees every 10 stones.

Where do you turn in luminous stones again? Somehow I've gotten a lot of diamonds, and I want to buy more fashion so I'm thinking of selling them.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Considering what happens at the third tier upgrade, I'm kinda afraid of what'll happen at the fourth.

game horney so what

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Your Computer posted:

Where do you turn in luminous stones again? Somehow I've gotten a lot of diamonds, and I want to buy more fashion so I'm thinking of selling them.

Dude hammering a pillar at the entrance to the Zora city.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

RCarr posted:

Dude hammering a pillar at the entrance to the Zora city.

Only do this if you need diamonds specifically, though. Luminous stones sell for 70 each, so by turning ten into a diamond you go from 700 coins of value to 500.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

PantsBandit posted:

Moltrey posted:

the hylain oppositonist to evolution asks "if ritos evolved from zoras, then why do we still have zoras" smugly

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

RCarr posted:

Is this an actual place on the map?

Northeast of Death Mountain, Eldin's Flank. Giant stone tower you climb, the goron there calls it gut check rock.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm pretty sure Rito evolving from Zora was always fanon and not as explicit as Korok evolving from Kokiri.

I do find it interesting most of the Zora in this game seem suited for saltwater though. Like they could have lived in the great sea.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

parallelodad posted:

I'm pretty sure Rito evolving from Zora was always fanon and not as explicit as Korok evolving from Kokiri.

I do find it interesting most of the Zora in this game seem suited for saltwater though. Like they could have lived in the great sea.

Direct quote from Wind Waker;

quote:

My name is Laruto. I am a Zora sage. For an age, I offered my prayers here in the Earth Temple, praying that the power to repel evil would ever remain within the Master Sword. And yet... unfortunately, due to Ganondorf's evil designs, the Master Sword you hold has lost this power. You must find the one who carries on my bloodline... The one who holds this sacred instrument...

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zore posted:

Direct quote from Wind Waker;

Every fish wants to have a sex with Link, so one has a sex with a bird, so what.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Evernoob posted:

In the spirit of "Buying/renting/lending a console for one game since 1998" i was wondering if I should fetch a WiiU for cheap 2nd hand. I'm more of a PC gamer and the last console I actually owned was my SNES.

Pro points for getting a cheap WiiU : I could also play WWHD on the WiiU, as WW is one of the few Zelda's I never got to play either.

There are so many good Wii U games. Buy it.

BOTW runs great on it, and all the other awesome games make it worth it

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Link is canonically into fish (Fact). Link has a birdgirlfriend in Wind Waker (???) Teen Bird Girl is descended from fish (!!!).

It all makes sense :tinfoil:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Only time the Master Sword has infinite energy is in the presence of evil. The Divine Beasts aren't evil, but the bosses sure are...

It was during a boss

e: gently caress THAT BLOOD MOON SHRINE gently caress

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

It was during a boss

e: gently caress THAT BLOOD MOON SHRINE gently caress

"Hey, Zelda, I know you're struggling to contain Ganon and your power is waning by the day, but I gotta hang out naked by this shrine for a few weeks until the moon turns red. You've got this, right?"

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Blood Moon happened rather quickly after I found that shrine. I thought maybe it was something automatic - I guess not?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ignimbrite posted:

Oh god, that's a long way to carry blue fire :magical:

E: loving DAMNIT RAIN STARTED AS SOON AS I GOT TO KAKARIKO

e2: Feed your horse endura carrots

Are... are you shlepping it to the second forge all the way from Hateno? Don't do that. There's another blue fire source in the actual zone, north of the stables. The guy even tells you about it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

parallelodad posted:

Every fish wants to have a sex with Link, so one has a sex with a bird, so what.

Beat me to it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ymgve posted:

Blood Moon happened rather quickly after I found that shrine. I thought maybe it was something automatic - I guess not?

SURE FUCKIN ISN'T

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm sad I'll never get all 120 shrines because I'll never complete the stupid gyro roll the three balls into the three buttons challenge

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Go all the way to gently caress off north east to a funny shaped lake with a giant spiral with a shrine protruding from it. Wait until night and go down to the lake.

Ok I completed the shrine at the center of the spiral, it's night time, and he's nowhere to be found. Where exactly is this secret merchant?

Or is it skull lake I'm supposed to be at?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

RCarr posted:

Ok I completed the shrine at the center of the spiral, it's night time, and he's nowhere to be found. Where exactly is this secret merchant?

You have to find him at Skull Lake first. Then he will pop up in random places I think.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ok camping out for blood moon while housemates and I watch a movie, wish me luck

annoyance before was I got one at 23:55, traveled to the nearest shrine, and got there a split second after it stopped at 1

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

This game is incredible. I've only uncovered three towers for maps and I still feel like I've explored way too much stuff.

It's like Xenoblade Chronicles X without the annoying parts of that game.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm buying in hard to the idea that BotW Link is the Ocarina timeline's parallel version of Toon Link. Fish bloodline girlfriend, cel-shaded, sucks at using the Master Sword, Koroks are there.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i think its really funny how i and probably everyone else when we saw the skull lake on the map pre-release pictured kind of a pond, not too big, shaped like a skull. the scale of this game is so nuts if there wasn't a map it would be nearly impossible to actually tell it's a skull shape

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
You know what one of my favorite little things about this game is?

Bottles.

You all remember bottles, right? Remember when we used to move heaven and earth and strike down godbeasts at risk of life and limb and our reward was a simple loving glass bottle that someone had lying around? Remember that poo poo?

No more. Bottles are everywhere and infinite. We generate bottles from thin air whenever we make an elixir. When we consume said elixir, the bottle returns to the aether whence it came, forgotten.

We used to break our backs for bottles. Now, the bottles work for us.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

For the boss of the fire dungeon, what do I do when it gets to half health and puts a barrier up?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I can't find that guy that unlocks more slots for your weapons and stuff. I somehow missed or avoided him the first time through, did a bunch of random questing and stuff and am desperately needing more slots. I heard he was near the stables on the way to Kakariko, but I can't find the guy at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Augus posted:

Actually this is getting really loving stupid. Let's talk about horse names. What is everyone naming their horses? I'm gonna name my horse Polnareff

Bringing this from way back pages ago.

My first horse was a gentle spotted brown horse with relatively high strength that I named Jonathan.
Shortly after that I found a pure brown horse with 1 strenth but good speed and spurs I named Joseph.
After that I found a bucking bronco of a wild pure blue horse with the same stats that I named Abbacchio.
And then I just stumble upon a pure white wild horse with great stats all around, so of course I named him Jotaro.

This has been my Jojo horse crossover nerd story in Legend of Zelda, thank you.