Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

Y'all realize this is probably a fake-out right?

What if Eiji is faking us out by making us think it's a fake out? :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Whatever happens, you know it will be dumb and cute.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
My money is on:

Begemot posted:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Begemot posted:

What if the rest of the comic is dead serious from this moment on?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

There Bias Two posted:

ONE FEAR

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

There Bias Two posted:

I fear no man, but this.. thing... it scares me.

But really, if Jitsu Wa went full serious from now on it'd be such a letdown. Hopefully Tarage and whoever's been reading the Japanese chapters can confirm whether or not if that's the case. Doesn't have to be anything really spilery, just confirm if things get grimdark Y/N.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's already been confirmed it ends well so I wouldn't worry

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

I fear no man, but this.. thing... it scares me.

But really, if Jitsu Wa went full serious from now on it'd be such a letdown. Hopefully Tarage and whoever's been reading the Japanese chapters can confirm whether or not if that's the case. Doesn't have to be anything really spilery, just confirm if things get grimdark Y/N.

Re: tone: Far from grimdark. Its place on the serious/comedy continuum definitely shifts more toward "serious" compared to earlier in the series, but there's still comedy bits and it doesn't go off the deep end like some other romcoms sometimes do or anything.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It remains good, like, why even doubt at this point.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dumb, cute and spooky.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Hello I am Tarage.

I am fighting off a cold and being sleep deprived and having to get up at the ungodly hour of 7:30 AM after I totally didn't get sleep last night why am I at work I don't know.

Chapter might be early or late depending on how lucid I am when I go home. Apologies in advance.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Stay safe, sick Tarage.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

Stay safe, sick Tarage.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

a kitten posted:

Stay safe, sick Tarage.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tarage posted:

Hello I am Tarage.

I am fighting off a cold and being sleep deprived and having to get up at the ungodly hour of 7:30 AM after I totally didn't get sleep last night why am I at work I don't know.

Chapter might be early or late depending on how lucid I am when I go home. Apologies in advance.

I just had my appendix removed and was sent home less than 12 hours later. I have enough pain meds to hold me over until it releases.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#c9db00df49458617

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was a super CDN LAX feeling chapter.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Batoto is being a butt. The best I can do is link you the 4chan thread. No one replied before I got to the last page, so as long as you don't go beyond that you should be fine.

http://boards.4chan.org/a/thread/154358144

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Hate-Senpai posted:

That was a super CDN LAX feeling chapter.

You can change your image server with the gear thing. Happened to me a day or so ago.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh that's what that gear does. Thanks!

re: the chapter
awesome

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarage posted:

Batoto is being a butt. The best I can do is link you the 4chan thread. No one replied before I got to the last page, so as long as you don't go beyond that you should be fine.

Heh.

Because Aizawa has a nice butt.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
That was the most :ssj: !!!!!!SHONEN MANGA!!!!!!! :kamina: esque chapter of this manga I've ever read!

EDIT: I mean wow, look at that face she makes!! She's got those "shonen protagonist resolution" eyes. 100%.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 9, 2017

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
So ... looks like future Aizawa just changed her own past and ceased to exist. Paradoxes are a bitch, man.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't wait for us to revisit this plotline decades later when the terrifying Youko Black appears.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

I can't wait for us to revisit this plotline decades later when the terrifying Youko Black appears.

Accompanied by an immortal fallen angel?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

She regrets not putting on sunscreen that one terrible summer day...

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Her shonen protagonist speech was almost word for word from the end of Gurren Lagann :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mirage posted:

So ... looks like future Aizawa just changed her own past and ceased to exist. Paradoxes are a bitch, man.

That she made such a sacrifice was :black101: as gently caress, dudes, holy poo poo :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

"Press F to pay respects"

*presses and holds F*

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Tarage posted:

Lol @ anons who bitch about this amazing series

Also, I love that they tell the MC to just gently caress off and sit on the sidelines. The focus on Aizawa really gives the externalized internal struggle leading to the paradox death of her future self some heavy emotional punch, even through the over the top shounen speech. drat!

This was a pretty heavy arc and if future timeline shennanigans get resolved this way, I can see how this manga might get bittersweet later.

Captain Invictus posted:

Her shonen protagonist speech was almost word for word from the end of Gurren Lagann :allears:

This post made me mad because we're never gonna see this scene animated in the parody it deserves :mad:

I'll just reread the chapter with fight the powah on

Fellis fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Mar 9, 2017

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
This was literally (spoiler for Fate/Stay Night) Archer vs Shirou battle from UBW and with almost the same resolution too. Well, except cuter and dumber. This manga :allears:

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Accompanied by an immortal fallen angel?

Karen, yeah

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Fellis posted:

This was a pretty heavy arc and if future timeline shennanigans get resolved this way, I can see how this manga might get bittersweet later.

So if some big tragedy happens in the future involving Youko going full dracula, and it is prevented in some way that is both very cute and indescribably dumb, does Rin cease to exist?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

ZiegeDame posted:

So if some big tragedy happens in the future involving Youko going full dracula, and it is prevented in some way that is both very cute and indescribably dumb, does Rin cease to exist?

I hope so

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Agronox posted:

I hope so

No! Why would you want this? Rin is so cute. :ohdear:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
The whole "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU KUROMINE" was kinda lovely/dumb. Ain't his fault people fall for him :colbert:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zeruel posted:

The whole "THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN PEOPLE FALL IN LOVE WITH YOU KUROMINE" was kinda lovely/dumb. Ain't his fault people fall for him :colbert:

Uh, remember when he bared his neck for that mosquito?

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
This is the stupidest thing I have ever read and liked by a huge margin.

gently caress the facial expressions are so cute though

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darke GBF posted:

stupidest thing I have ever read

so cute though

So basically, dumb and cute, as advertised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Zeruel posted:

Yeah it's not really his fault that he's in a relationship but other people are crushing all over him.

• Locked thread