Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dum Dum Dugan!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rhyno posted:

BZZZZZT

... I stand corrected. June owns.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

... I stand corrected. June owns.

WE'RE STILL FRIENDS

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
It is long past time for a dedicated KO thread.

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

Rhyno posted:

BZZZZZT

I actually just reached the episode where she's told the truth. I'm kinda curious as to how she'll interact with Prime's crew.

Heckie Holmes fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Mar 9, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

It is long past time for a dedicated KO thread.

You're already posting in it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
My Wal-mart got like 7 cases of wave three deluxes, Rodimus, Triggerhappy, Breakaway and Twinferno for days.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Miko is the best human character in Transformers.

Also that burn she gave Starscream in season 3 is the best line ever.

As for Animated, it had a solid beginning but I've found I like it less and less over time.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

My Wal-mart got like 7 cases of wave three deluxes, Rodimus, Triggerhappy, Breakaway and Twinferno for days.

I hate your Walmart.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TFRazorsaw posted:

Nah, that's sari.

Oh...oh wait...

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I never cared for that plot twist, and the moment it comes out, the less involved she is with the story.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Speaking of Sari, i'm pissed that Funpub died off before at least releasing this:

So, is there not a OSKO version of Toyworld Highway/Freeway yet?

I really wanna' get that giant robot but I can't find the sixth member anywhere.

Ahab Itualliar
Feb 16, 2017

cant get twinferno's dragon mode tail to lie flush at all, and the whole thing with his hips is pretty unsatisfying, they just kind of lie there and don't properly tab in to the lower back.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Grapple arrived and holy gently caress what a neat transformation. I don't really care about Inferno because he isn't on my Ark crew hit list (which I have decided Grapple is clearly Hauler in his 3 second MTMTE alt mode appearance for) but I'm tempted to buy him anyway.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Lepecard posted:

Speaking of Sari, i'm pissed that Funpub died off before at least releasing this:

So, is there not a OSKO version of Toyworld Highway/Freeway yet?

I really wanna' get that giant robot but I can't find the sixth member anywhere.

Well now I'm filled with an unreasonable amount of rage(and also the temptation to try and customize a Windblade into this, although I might wait for the Titans Return version, since I remember seeing that someone on shapeways was going to do a Sari inspired Titan Master replacement face plate)

EDIT: found the thing I was talking about; Sari Titan Master Face

there's a bunch of other neat stuff on this guy's shop too; https://www.shapeways.com/shops/trentsworkshop

drrockso20 fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 9, 2017

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Heckie Holmes posted:

B-but every time Prime and them have something important to do, she sneaks in. I'm certain she'd follow them on into the vacuum of space in the middle of a battle and wonder why everyone is telling her to take cover. I don't remember Spike and Sparkplug being this bothersome. Then again, I remember them being almost invited by Prime to join them in the vacuum of space, so maybe it has to do with manners.

Dear god I'm becoming an old man, aren't I? Am I gonna hafta tell people to get off my lawn?

The fans complained to the writers of the show about Miko's bullshit during season one, so eventually Miko gets a couple of wake-up calls and stops trying to kill her friends.

T.M.I. would be my favorite episode if not for how stupid Miko is in it. I love the part with Breakdown and Knock Out prowling around the car lot.

June Darby is the best human character on that show.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Rhyno posted:

PMed you BRO

Hey I want in too, help a guy out.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Captain Rufus posted:

And Prime has the best Starscream I think.

Yeah I loved Animated Spongescream but Blum just nails it on Prime. He's consistently funny and Starscream-y too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All of the Wave 3 deluxes are in stock on HasbroToyShop for $17 each right now. Use code SPRING17 for 15% off. There is free shipping above $50 I believe.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

All of the Wave 3 deluxes are in stock on HasbroToyShop for $17 each right now. Use code SPRING17 for 15% off. There is free shipping above $50 I believe.

You are the real loving MVP for that, Rhyno. I will be pulling the trigger of Triggerhappy...hahaha tomorrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

You are the real loving MVP for that, Rhyno. I will be pulling the trigger of Triggerhappy...hahaha tomorrow.

Just trying to show that I don't just buy knockoffs!

Here's a direct link to the TR stuff. Free shipping at $49
http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/Search...ice:&pageSize:&

No voyagers in stock yet. They're down to $29.99 on Amazon so it's tempting.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I don't see how someone can be on board with third-party transformers but against KOs. Stealing CAD files bad; stealing IP...good?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I don't see how someone can be on board with third-party transformers but against KOs. Stealing CAD files bad; stealing IP...good?

I don't get it either. But hey, more ROBIT MENS for me!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

gently caress yeah, grabbed getaway and triggerhappy, three titanmasters, and combiner wars swindle for about fifty bucks shipped. Thanks for the heads up!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's hard, being Getaway. It's hard and nobody understands.

I was looking at Misfire and Slugslinger and apparently the heavy retooling takes away the cool rotating part of the transformation... I mean they still look sweet, but that was a neat step.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Well, there's rules and laws about directly stealing intellectual property, but 3rd parties are essentially high-priced fanart, and they even go through the effort to try to maintain plausible deniability sometimes. KOs on the other hand, seem more like :filez: Directly stealing the engineering and development that went into physical objects. I think a lot more work gets done on designing the toys than goes into designing the characters.

More practically, it;s only illegal if Hasbro is actually willing to come down on it, and they seem fine with 3Ps at least. The most they do is undercut them by coming out with official versions to put them to shame.

SlothfulCobra fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 9, 2017

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

TFRazorsaw posted:

Also that burn she gave Starscream in season 3 is the best line ever.

As for Animated, it had a solid beginning but I've found I like it less and less over time.

Agreed on all points. TFA was great at the start when it was setting up a fun cast and bouncing them off each other, and had a solid middle, but then it kept world-building and kept having some new revelation or change every other episode. Nothing was given room to breathe, and it all ended up seeming like an outline of a show instead of an actual full show.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

A lovely Reporter posted:

Agreed on all points. TFA was great at the start when it was setting up a fun cast and bouncing them off each other, and had a solid middle, but then it kept world-building and kept having some new revelation or change every other episode. Nothing was given room to breathe, and it all ended up seeming like an outline of a show instead of an actual full show.
The last season seemed crasy rushed, with a season's worth of story in one episode, but that season looked like it was going to be fun. I was watching it when catching up on decades of missed TF media and watching new stuff at the time, and TBH I felt it didn't compare favourably to Rescue Bots which I was watching at the same time. Just... did not work for me.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Yeah it would be awful if somebody was just spreading where to get stolen CAD files. The worst.

For real though I'd kill to have real (native, not that STEP bullshit) TF assembly/components files. If only just to see how the pros build them from the ground up because I've tried and it is a huge pain. I wonder if the head I modeled is still on this computer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Arquinsiel posted:

The last season seemed crasy rushed, with a season's worth of story in one episode, but that season looked like it was going to be fun. I was watching it when catching up on decades of missed TF media and watching new stuff at the time, and TBH I felt it didn't compare favourably to Rescue Bots which I was watching at the same time. Just... did not work for me.

Season three was pretty jammed full, they didn't know their future so they tried to wrap everything up. If you don't have it you should get the TFA Almanac, it fills in a lot of gaps and has tons of behind the scenes stuff.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Rhyno posted:

Season three was pretty jammed full, they didn't know their future so they tried to wrap everything up. If you don't have it you should get the TFA Almanac, it fills in a lot of gaps and has tons of behind the scenes stuff.
It's on the list of things to buy eventually. I think the local comic place has both volumes. Looks like it's an interesting read.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Honestly I'd be perfectly happy if the current Copyright & Trademark system were to burn to the ground

Rhyno posted:

My favorite part about the Allspark Almanac are the maps they provide of both Cybertron's system and the galaxy at large

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

I think it's a price thing. Third-party TFs are expensive, and that gives an air of legitimacy. $150 for a 5" robbit, that only the really well-off can afford to include in their already-vast collection, must surely be the real deal. And certainly, nobody can accuse you of being cheap. But a $20 knockoff that almost any old pleb can afford? Ugh, it's like buying a fake handbag.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Blackheart posted:

It's hard, being Getaway. It's hard and nobody understands.

I was looking at Misfire and Slugslinger and apparently the heavy retooling takes away the cool rotating part of the transformation... I mean they still look sweet, but that was a neat step.

krok really goes with the insecticons

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

krok really goes with the insecticons

Eh....it's a little heavy on the electrons, electrons *munchcrunchmunch*

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

pubic works project posted:

Eh....it's a little heavy on the electrons, electrons *munchcrunchmunch*

Krok really thinks he's a bug of some sort and the Insecticons don't have the heart to point it out.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Isn't Krok some soccer player or something? Maybe he's trying to recruit Kickback.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Krok really thinks he's a bug of some sort and the Insecticons don't have the heart to point it out.

As long as Mindwipe doesn't start saying he identifies as an Insecticon.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Getting back to the Third-Party discussion, how much of Hasbro's customer base do they expect to be comprised of adult collectors? Most videos of 3P toys I've seen have shown them to be extremely complex and time-consuming to transform, and that plus their price means almost no one would buy them for a child. Is that enough for Hasbro to consider them meant for a different market entirely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The MSJ posted:

As long as Mindwipe doesn't start saying he identifies as an Insecticon.