Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
A large part of the journey to incredible strength and mass is enjoying rich, hearty broths full of protein. One thing in particular that I'm loving is Chankonabe, a stew eaten by the strongest men in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i bet i can kick your asses

i've seen enough anime to know all the moves

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Coworker of mine turned me onto Halo ice cream recently. ~300 calories a pint, tastes pretty decent when melted a bit, and just uses stevia and has a ton of protein in it.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Sour Diesel posted:

How's your Kame-Hame-Ha?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I don't intentionally exercise, but I have a 7 mile RT bicycle commute and I walk about a mile RT for lunch each day.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
Gym four times a week, 50-65 miles of cycling, and a physical job keeps me sleeping well at night

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Sour Diesel posted:

Fairly certain Ehud would break you into toothpicks.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Kalli posted:

Coworker of mine turned me onto Halo ice cream recently. ~300 calories a pint, tastes pretty decent when melted a bit, and just uses stevia and has a ton of protein in it.

Halo Top is one of the better healthy ice creams. Arctic Zero is TRASH

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Probably Magic posted:

Fairly certain Ehud would break you into toothpicks.

video of me vs ehud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EVUPCJwQwA

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Who's who?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Ehud and me when Tom Brady retires

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i'm not owned

i'm not owned

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

Ehud and me when Tom Brady retires

In my mind, I picture you as Carl Weathers

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

the mean lunch lady posted:

Halo Top is one of the better healthy ice creams. Arctic Zero is TRASH

Hah yeah, the local supermarket only had vanilla bean for halo top, so I picked up a pint of arctic zero too which was on sale.

That stuff sucks.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

It figures that SAS folks would be more likely to work out. This and the swoleception thread warms my heart.

Switched to PHUL now that I'm recovered from a marathon, then switching to more HIIT and cardio after 6-8 weeks to try and cut ~5 lbs for the summer.

Gyms are probably going to be empty for the next couple of weeks as locals flee SXSW. :hellyeah:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Those acronyms are new to me, I just love to move iron baby!!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

How many Covanent Elites can you kill after eating some?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bad Moon posted:

How many Covanent Elites can you kill after eating some?

I chugged half a pint of red velvet then dropped a ravager and a bunch of sawtooths last night in Horizon, so... 7?

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Real loving talk if you're fat or just hate doing cardio.

Get a lovely old stationary bike and a tv and start putting $50 on a game every night. Hoops, football, baseball whatever. $50 or whatever you need to put up so it's at least a good or bad night but either way you spent an hour on the bike.

I was carrying some extra weight and ended up losing about 35lb doing that and the frankoman dumbbell routine 6 days a week. And don't be a gross fat gently caress and eat good food. Don't be a pussy. Never afraid.

I'm 100% addicted to working out and being a jacked hero, and less addicted to gambling. And maybe get addicted to chewing. But only let yourself have it once a day and that's after you workout, and then quit. It's literally math. A + B + C, etc

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Real loving talk if you're fat or just hate doing cardio.

Get a lovely old stationary bike and a tv and start putting $50 on a game every night. Hoops, football, baseball whatever. $50 or whatever you need to put up so it's at least a good or bad night but either way you spent an hour on the bike.

I was carrying some extra weight and ended up losing about 35lb doing that and the frankoman dumbbell routine 6 days a week. And don't be a gross fat gently caress and eat good food. Don't be a pussy. Never afraid.

I'm 100% addicted to working out and being a jacked hero, and less addicted to gambling. And maybe get addicted to chewing. But only let yourself have it once a day and that's after you workout, and then quit. It's literally math. A + B + C, etc

Glad you deflated, dorito dink.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

My guy, all heroes face adveristy

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I switched from oldschool weightlifting to cross training

I feel much better now and I can run an entire mile without dying IRL

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I just started running 5k every day and got shin splints so switched to biking for a couple months now I'm back to running 5k every day. Also depression is a good way to lose weight I recommend it.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Ehud posted:

I switched from oldschool weightlifting to cross training

I feel much better now and I can run an entire mile without dying IRL

Do you like running? I hate running!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

When I work out, I like to imagine I'm in the Ben Affleck Batman workout scene from Batman v. Superman.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

At all hours of the day I think of that scene in Pumping Iron where Arnold is talking about the pump and he goes "I'm cumming at the gym, I'm cumming at night. It is wonderful"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Do you like running? I hate running!

I hate it. We do running, jump rope, rowing, bike, etc. though so I don't get burnt out on running which is nice.

Plus a lot of body weight stuff like burpees.

I just hate cardio in general but I tolerate it when it's mixed in with deadlifts, squats, cleans and presses.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I loving hate cardio because I get bored as hell so now I do run 10 minutes, walk 5 for an hour. By the time I'm done I've gone 5 miles and I'm always just looking 5 minutes ahead so I don't kill myself out of sheer boredom

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Ehud posted:

I hate it. We do running, jump rope, rowing, bike, etc. though so I don't get burnt out on running which is nice.

Plus a lot of body weight stuff like burpees.

I just hate cardio in general but I tolerate it when it's mixed in with deadlifts, squats, cleans and presses.

Idk if you'd qualify it as cross training but we put a bike and treadmill in our weight area so between exercises or if I just don't feel like moving on to the next thing just go on the bike or the constantly running treadmill at like a brisk walk. Keeps things active and even though not really high BPM I assume it's better than just standing there. I also like spending 2 hours in our gym so it's nice.

Also been messing around with kind of circuit training I guess u'd call it. Like for biceps just have like 5 stations for things and just keep doing them in quick succession a few times. I don't know if it's really the best way to build muscle but it's fun and I'm tired as gently caress after

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Sour Diesel posted:

Do tell

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

benny this is not the confrontation u want im ver powerful

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

I loving hate cardio because I get bored as hell so now I do run 10 minutes, walk 5 for an hour. By the time I'm done I've gone 5 miles and I'm always just looking 5 minutes ahead so I don't kill myself out of sheer boredom

Same. I used to swim in high school and I loathed doing the 500 or mile, just because they were so tedious. It's a shame they were my best events. :geno:

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Sour Diesel posted:

Do tell

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chichevache posted:

Same. I used to swim in high school and I loathed doing the 500 or mile, just because they were so tedious. It's a shame they were my best events. :geno:
Did you eat like Michael Phelps

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Sour Diesel posted:

Is your power level over 9000?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

pubic works project posted:

Is your power level over 9000?

No, we should be asking if it's elite instead

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Sour Diesel posted:

show me ur power

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Did you eat like Michael Phelps

I'd eat a loaf of garlic bread and drink a gallon of milk almost daily. I couldn't afford to buy more food than that, so I was still really skinny. :smith: 6'0" and about 155 in my senior year.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
In between grueling sets of squatting iron plates I like to sit and look at Instagram fitness model pages to keep my T levels up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Big Jesus posted:

I just started running 5k every day and got shin splints so switched to biking for a couple months now I'm back to running 5k every day. Also depression is a good way to lose weight I recommend it.

This but the opposite.

• Locked thread