Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

No, he's implying that every other not-very-observant clown on the road will think your a cop and will stick to the speed limit like it's their job.

Except MGS drives a VW bus, known for its exceptional speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
another case of counterprotesting is less effective than just letting the lovely kkk have their stupid rally

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Are you implying I've ever driven above it with my current commuter? :v:

True enough, but for a different reason. In the new one you'll be blocked by traffic afraid to go faster and too stupid to move over!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Sounds like it was a combo of the students not having permits AND throwing eggs at the Klansters.

Brilliant.

I'm all for punching KKK dudes in the face, but I'm fully aware that with assault, comes legal consequences.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

Sounds like it was a combo of the students not having permits AND throwing eggs at the Klansters.
Sounds like they earned their police attention, then.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

InitialDave posted:

Short version: "If it doesn't actually work off road, it can get hosed."

I'm not responsible for what X-thousand muppets buy. Any manufacturer presenting me with something 4x4/4WD/AWD had better actually mean it.

If you want an economical hatchback, you don't need 4WD. If you want 4WD, "economic" is very secondary.

If someone tries to sell you an "economic 4WD hatchback", they're either lying and it won't do what you want, or it will do what you want, and your priorities are stupid/delusional.

excuse me, have you heard the word of the one true economical* 4WD hatchback yet? ~45-50mpg is possible, 4wd, 5 speed, seats 5**

* until you have to start buying it new oil pumps and $480 NLA timing covers
** as long as at least 3 are midgets and/or multiple amputees

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

ilkhan posted:

Because I'm sure even Indiana isn't *that* stupid.

You say that but you'd be wrong.

TL;DR Indianapolis police officer with a nearly .2 BAC plows into three stopped motorcyclists at highway speed, killing one and severely injuring the others. Responding officers took him to an emergency clinic instead of an actual hospital for his blood draw - arguably as part of a cover up as state evidence laws require DUI blood draws to be performed at an actual hospital. Officer evades conviction for the better part of three years, ends up with additional criminal charges while his case winds through the court system (including an additional DUI) and is currently likely going to be released early later this year, having served less than four years of a 16 year sentence.

Yeah, Indiana is *that* stupid. Odds are at least some of the cops beating up counter-protesters in Rhyno's story were themselves klansmen.

But what am I saying - don't you subscribe to the "the police can do whatever they like as long as they target people I disagree with and leave myself and like-minded people alone" mindset?

Geoj fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 9, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

WHY DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS BAND BEFORE?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPV9NNvtL20

This is awesome and i love the quote in the info:

quote:

This video is a parody and is not affiliated with Lucasfilm or Disney, nor are any lens flares affiliated with JJ Abrams.

:v:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

kastein posted:

excuse me, have you heard the word of the one true economical* 4WD hatchback yet? ~45-50mpg is possible, 4wd, 5 speed, seats 5**

You're forgetting that I'm the guy with the (superior) Panda 4x4s.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

InitialDave posted:

You're forgetting that I'm the guy with the (superior) Panda 4x4s.

They're not in murica so they can't be the best.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

InitialDave posted:

Sounds like they earned their police attention, then.

They just should have bashed the fash rather than egged them.

And frankly protest permits are simply a way govts try to get around free speech. Legit protests and legit free speech like protesting loving racists cunts absolutly should not require a goddamn permit.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

nm posted:

They're not in murica so they can't be the best.

Some theorize there actually thousands of 1st gen pandas in America, but they've managed to evade their larger predators so well they largely go unnoticed.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

quote:

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. In this formulation, I do not imply, for instance, that we should always suppress the utterance of intolerant philosophies; as long as we can counter them by rational argument and keep them in check by public opinion, suppression would certainly be most unwise.
But we should claim the right to suppress them if necessary even by force; for it may easily turn out that they are not prepared to meet us on the level of rational argument, but begin by denouncing all argument; they may forbid their followers to listen to rational argument, because it is deceptive, and teach them to answer arguments by the use of their fists or pistols. We should therefore claim, in the name of tolerance, the right not to tolerate the intolerant. We should claim that any movement preaching intolerance places itself outside the law, and we should consider incitement to intolerance and persecution as criminal, in the same way as we should consider incitement to murder, or to kidnapping, or to the revival of the slave trade, as criminal."

What he said.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Basically throw all the eggs.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Geoj posted:

You say that but you'd be wrong.

TL;DR Indianapolis police officer with a nearly .2 BAC plows into three stopped motorcyclists at highway speed, killing one and severely injuring the others. Responding officers took him to an emergency clinic instead of an actual hospital for his blood draw - arguably as part of a cover up as state evidence laws require DUI blood draws to be performed at an actual hospital. Officer evades conviction for the better part of three years, ends up with additional criminal charges while his case winds through the court system (including an additional DUI) and is currently likely going to be released early later this year, having served less than four years of a 16 year sentence.

Yeah, Indiana is *that* stupid. Odds are at least some of the cops beating up counter-protesters in Rhyno's story were themselves klansmen.

But what am I saying - don't you subscribe to the "the police can do whatever they like as long as they target people I disagree with and leave myself and like-minded people alone" mindset?
Nope. I want the law to be fair and to be dispensed evenly. Police beating up unarmed protesters without provocation is bad. I'm just looking at the recent history of anti-Trump protesters being aggressive and violent and provocative and saying *maybe* its not bad cops.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

ilkhan posted:

I'm just looking at the recent history of anti-Trump protesters being aggressive and violent and provocative and saying *maybe* its not bad cops.

I'm sure this is what you'd be saying if we were talking about jack-booted thugs upstanding police officers attacking a group of peaceful open-carry advocates :jerkbag:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Geoj posted:

I'm sure this is what you'd be saying if we were talking about jack-booted thugs upstanding police officers attacking a group of peaceful open-carry advocates :jerkbag:
Open carry isn't aggressive or provocative. If you're just walking around with signs and poo poo, go wild. If you're brandishing and getting in people's faces and throwing eggs... you're gonna get hosed up. And I'll still be on the cops' side. A lot of open carry advocates are idiots.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Humanity is made up almost entirely of stupid assholes, there's no use trying to figure out whooo jack booted whooom.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

ilkhan posted:

Open carry isn't aggressive or provocative. If you're just walking around with signs and poo poo, go wild. If you're brandishing and getting in people's faces and throwing eggs... you're gonna get hosed up. And I'll still be on the cops' side. A lot of open carry advocates are idiots.

Can you explain the difference between open-carry and "brandishing"?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

ilkhan posted:

I'm just looking at the recent history of anti-Trump protesters being aggressive and violent and provocative and saying *maybe* its not bad cops.

What history? The overwhelming number of anti-Trump protests have been peaceful - and the idiots doing the violence are a very small handful of professional idiots who are only there to start poo poo. And you do know that if said idiots aren't there, it's usually the police who start poo poo in the first place?

You also don't here about peaceful protests because the media aint interested in thousands of peaceful marchers. But they are sure as gently caress interested in a handful of fuckwits.

Fuckwits that I add ARE often paid to start poo poo to make peaceful protestors look bad. Sometimes paid and co-ordinated by the police.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Dagen H posted:

he's full of bad opinions, don't bother asking for more

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Dagen H posted:

Holding the gun?

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

What history? The overwhelming number of anti-Trump protests have been peaceful - and the idiots doing the violence are a very small handful of professional idiots who are only there to start poo poo. And you do know that if said idiots aren't there, it's usually the police who start poo poo in the first place?

You also don't here about peaceful protests because the media aint interested in thousands of peaceful marchers. But they are sure as gently caress interested in a handful of fuckwits.

Fuckwits that I add ARE often paid to start poo poo to make peaceful protestors look bad. Sometimes paid and co-ordinated by the police.

I think that you're just listening to the LAME-stream media. Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson tell it how it really is

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
egg all klansmen imo

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

The Door Frame posted:

Holding the gun?

It's ok, because trigger discipline

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Hi hello how are ya!

I'd like to remind everyone that, while this is a "chat thread", we are in the automotive subforum and not in D&D.

Have a great weekend almost!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
^^^
Confession: My mental health doesn't allow me to have guns, and IDGAF what anyone else does with theirs.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Adiabatic posted:

My vacation starts tomorrow morning, so I will, thank you!

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I just flew down to St. Pete for Indy car and although I'm working it feels a bit like a vacation today. :toot:

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Edit: whatever

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I like guns and target shooting, but I don't like owning guns and won't even go varmint hunting

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Adiabatic posted:

Hi hello how are ya!

I'd like to remind everyone that, while this is a "chat thread", we are in the automotive subforum and not in D&D.

You are my new favorite space gear wearing sloth. If I knew another one.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Lightbulb Out posted:

Iowa legislature just went full Republican and are trying to enact awful poo poo all over the place. Twin cities.

They do that every few years. Nothing much comes of it.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

mariooncrack posted:

Keyboard chat:

I got a new keyboard the other day. Don't have a picture off hand but here's the link:

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/30851?mode=guest_open

It's really weird since I'm used to tactile switches and this is linear. Actuation can be changed with a keyboard shortcut too.

Ruh-Roh...

http://imgur.com/a/g2eC3

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I'm got a kinda dumb question, what's the procedure for getting parts from a junkyard typically? There is a junked sc300 up in Tampa that has three parts that I need, maybe more. Window trim, the center arm rest bit and the pair of rear exhaust brackets that hold up the exhaust. I've never actually bought anything from a yard before so I'm completely ignorant in generally how it works.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

KakerMix posted:

I'm got a kinda dumb question, what's the procedure for getting parts from a junkyard typically? There is a junked sc300 up in Tampa that has three parts that I need, maybe more. Window trim, the center arm rest bit and the pair of rear exhaust brackets that hold up the exhaust. I've never actually bought anything from a yard before so I'm completely ignorant in generally how it works.
You go and rip the parts off and say how much for these and they say "X" so you say "no how about Y instead" and they either say ok or no. You can ask beforehand for an estimate I suppose before you spend your time getting the stuff off.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

jammyozzy posted:

I just flew down to St. Pete for Indy car and although I'm working it feels a bit like a vacation today. :toot:

Welcome to the city, pm me if you have any questions about things to do while you're here. I'll be at the track Sunday at the turn 1 grandstands, best seats in the house can't wait!

KakerMix posted:

Just show up with your tools and pick whatever you need, just like an orange grove :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Alternatively, some yards pull poo poo for you for liability reasons / because they don't want the unwashed masses using sawzalls when a ratchet will suffice.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Some yards have an entry fee and for more common parts, there should be a posted list of prices, but it is basically just show up with tools* and take what you're able. Pay at the door and be on your way

*no power tools, besides maybe an impact gun

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Oh my god guys.

I just got my new pillow top mattress delivered today and it is sooooo much better than the clapped out garbage I'd been sleeping on.

Only thing about it? It's like 8" taller than the previous mattress and boxspring combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Thanks guys, I figured it was something along these lines but it's nice to have confirmation.

• Locked thread